Body for life works!!!

• At the gym where I work, and am a member, we have 8 week bootcamps. I lost about eight pounds in my first one. I am halfway through my second and have lost five pounds and three inches off my waist!

Many people who lose weight also lose muscle. With the body for life you do three days a week of strength training. Muscle take much less space so the more you gain of muscle the slimmer you are, even though you may weight the same. Muscle also speeds up your metabolism so you lose more calories. That is why although I only lost five pounds, I lost three inches off my waist. We do three days of cardio and three days of strength training. We also follow a diet that is so easy it doesn't feel like a diet. You eat six times a day, so you are never really hungry.

I started at two hundred and five pounds and I am down to one hundred and eighty pounds. I want to lose another five pounds at least, by the end of this bootcamp. I thought that I couldn't lose anymore after I got to two hundred and five. I had tried all kinds of things, but nothing worked. Now I am going down, and haven't stopped. I have even had times between bootcamps that I wasn't working out as much, and eating more junk food than I should, and I continued to lose!!!
    Stassy
  • It IS a good programme. Many of the original 'Ladies Who Lift' started out on it. Lots of folks still use many of the principles they learned from it. The food lists are great!
  • Good work!!
  • Congrats!! Yep, the only thing that worked for me was BFL and although my weight workouts are different now, I still believe in the program completely.
  • Congratulations and keep up the good work
  • This is my second go around following The Body for Life regimen. It does work, I lost 45 pounds in 2001 and I have now gotten myself together to do it again. I am entering the competition this time around.
  • Congratulations!

(And now I'm intrigued and will need to check that program.)