I feel out of control, I can not stop eating!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • If you eat more frequently, (but not a lot at once), you may find that you're never hungry and never get to the cravey place where its easy to go to..lol

this is the first time in my life I can say I've had any sort of weight loss momentum..and its the first time I've been eating every 2-2.5 hours..so I'm always satisfied, I don't want to overeat, my blood sugar is always stable..people could be eating fast food or doritos right in front of me and I couldnt care less ..(except my favorite foods- we are all human, after all) lol

Also, planning is key. Always have several meal and snack options at home (including non perishable) so you ALWAYS have a choice as to what to eat..and ALWAYS plan ahead so when you are going out, you bring a snack ..when you leave for work, eat before you leave, bring your snack/meal, and leave the wallet at home.

You may also find you need more protein to keep the cravies away and to keep full longer. I would personally be starving an hour or less after a bowl of special k.
    for breakfast I have a pc of toast with lite becel, 3oz cottage cheese, a piece of fruit or sugar free yogurt, and a coffee. It is so enjoyable satisfying and fulfilling,. Or if you are more into cereal, another one of my breakfasts is 3/4c shredded wheat and bran (it looks like miniwheats) ..milk, I sprinkle splenda on it, and a piece of fruit, or you could add berries to the cereal..I usually eat an apple after the cereal is gone..then it feels like I'm eating more..lol

Good luck hun, I know you can do it! Set yourself up properly and you CANNOT fail.
  • I have decied to do this fit day thing
    I am going to log everything I eat in my fitday site. Then maybe I can see where I am going wrong. I had a bad day today. Even being at home did not help. I cleaned house all day so where does my family want to go and eat so I do not have to cook. Well we are driving down the road and I want to go somewhere I can get a simple chef salad, no we go to Mc'Donalds. And the only simple thing there is fatty foods no matter how you look at it. SO I gave in. In the back of my mind I knew I was doing wrong but it tasted so good. I am my own worst enemy.
  • Could you have told your family that no, you're not going to McD's this time? Otherwise, go to McD's for them and go somewhere else to get your chef salad to go. Doesn't McDonald's have some kind of salad line?
  • yes your right
    Well I live in a small town and Mc'Donalds was all that was open. As for the salad thing the salads there are full of calories because they are more than one serving of everything and I had allready eaten most of what I had planned to eat. I know this sounds bad. But I also have a had time telling them no. I am going to work on that this week. Telling them no we are going somewhere else.
  • they have side salads. You could have gotten a side salad and a grilled chicken filet..anyway the bigger salads are very filling. and the only thing that is high with them is the sodium count (so don't have it the day before wiegh in day, lol)but the lettuce and tomato it really doesnt matter if its one serving or 2..it's mostly water and fiber. better than a double cheeseburger or most of the grease that's on their menu. I would just watch the dressing bc some of those dressings are a ton of calories.
  • also wanted to add that soemtimes I take my ds to mcd's so he can have an ice cream and go in the play park..and on those days when I don't even want to waste any of my calories- or, if I'm not particularly trudting myself and am having cravings, I will eat before I leave the house, or if its after supper I will have a protein shake. And then, right before we go to McD's , I stop at timmy's and get a coffee. So I sip my coffee and suck on a sf mint while ds enjoys his meal or snack..I used to always get something "just because" and that was a bad habit..now I know I can go and have a good time without necessarily eating soemthing while I'm there.
  • To compare overeating to being an alcoholic - yes, there other things they can drink besides alcohol and there are other things you can eat that are healthy and filling so you don't need junk food anymore than the alcoholic needs alcohol. There are going to be difficulties for either but you can make little steps until you reach your goal. Try the 100-calorie packs for portion control. Have a glass of water before you eat anything, sometimes we confuse hunger and thirst. Good luck to you - and don't beat yourself up if you make a bad food choice. Put it behind you and get right back on the good eating with the next meal or snack.
  • This is really a great thread. I've just started my journey to lose 30 pounds and have already run into some problems. I'm very good during the week, but come Friday night it is terrible until Monday morning.

It's like I give myself permission to eat what I want and I really need to stay motiviated all week - not just five days.

Anyone have this type of problem?