Miracle noodles? (Shirataki without the Tofu)

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • They are a bit chewy. Misti was it Miracle Noodles or other Shirataki noodles you tried? I don't know, I am pretty sensitive to fishy smells and tastes and I rinsed them in cold water for a few minutes and I couldn't smell anything.
  • I don't know if they were Miracle ones or not... but they were not the tofu ones but refrigerated and made of some type of root similar to yams. I was disappointed as they were SO low in calories and seemed healthy... not just a bunch of garbage and chemicals. But I almost gagged when I opened up the bag! Others here at the time were saying they liked them but my word they were horrid! I did try rinsing them in cold water but NOTHING could have helped those things! There was no way on earth I could have eaten them. Well, at least I would have to be VERY hungry in order to do so! But I do NOT mean to be "knocking" them, as a lot of people seemed to think they were really tasty! I wish I could have been one of them LOL.
  • I just know I can't eat these...I didn't notice a really bad smell...just the usual "shirataki aroma" lol!

but it's like eating rubber bands......
  • Quote: I just know I can't eat these...I didn't notice a really bad smell...just the usual "shirataki aroma" lol!

but it's like eating rubber bands......
    SMELLY rubber bands!!!
  • Quote: SMELLY rubber bands!!!

mmmmm...sounds so appetizing the way YOU say it!!!!
  • Misti,

I was just curious. The ones I have are actually 0 calories or so they claim.
  • Quote: Misti,
    I was just curious. The ones I have are actually 0 calories or so they claim.
    That is interesting, Nelie! I thought these were made from either tofu or something similar to yams. It has been my experience that the only stuff that has zero calories is made almost totally from chemicals and stuff. Personally I would question any claim that any actual food product has "zero" calories... but hey I am no expert.

The ones I had were made from the yam like roots and seemed nutritious. I wanted to like them but just could not.
  • shirataki are made from rubbery substance derived from the root of the devil's tongue plant, konnyaku, it is a vegetable gelatin ...contains no usable carbohydrates or calories, only a soluble fiber called glucomannan
  • Yeah these only have glucomannan in them. I also read that powdered glucomannan is pretty good in baking. I was thinking of buying some.