Doing Slim 4 Life - looking for buddy

You're on Page 13 of 15
Go to
  • Hi everybody!

I signed up this week and start the prep on Sunday (class on Tuesday). I'm excited but scared. I'm 52 and at an all-time high of 200.25 pounds. Ughh, it's hard to even type that.
    I worry that because I'm perimenopausal it won't work so well for me. Is anybody else around my age here?
  • Hi I just started again after being on the program a few years ago. I wanted to make sure that nothing has changed? I am doing prep and so far so good. Can anyone tell me if anything has changed since the name change?
  • Just starting Slim4Life
    Quote: I lost 46 pounds on S4L 6 years ago, didn't stablize at the end (stupid) and gained it all back plus some. The program is great and I love it because you do see results and it is easy to follow. I just started prepping today, feel free to chat with me for support in this program, I know it very well.

Kitty
    MsKitty I have a friend who has been on it since Feb and lost 50 something lbs. She is telling me how to do program. She said, for me to eat alot of Protein and raw veggies for 3 days. I started today. I could use your help as well. I am 5'6' and 175 lbs. I have never had to diet before. This is all new to me. ; )
  • I'm 45. My friend my age has been on it since Jan and has lost 55 Lbs. She loves it. I am new but don't attend a clinic. I am on Plan 2, would like any recipes yall have. Fish and chicken can get old. But, I here there are different things to cook it with.
  • Hello, Virgo and Molliee,

I would like some recipes. I had one that i found tonight.
    1 Serving of Chichen cut up
    1 cp raw cabbage
    juice from i lemon
    and 1 pkg of splenda
    Put chicken in skillet with cabbage and pour lemon juice and sugar over
    Pan fry

I need more but dont know where to find them, I don't attend the clinic.
    Thanks, Tammy
  • Texas Kari, You have it down. Would love some of your recipes. ] user name TAMDONMCKAY find it at msn

Quote: Hello S4L people! I hadn't been on this thread before as it seemed to be inactive. I've been doing the program now since June 15. Going into my 38th week and I've lost 122 pounds and more than 58 inches now!

Someone asked why we need to do the snacks. My theory is that its a way for them to have calculated the calories into the plan for us as we're in weight loss phase. The snacks are made out of vegetable proteins and there's a wide variety so something is going to work for you. From what my husband says about some of the bar supplements verses the ones he's found at Costco or Walmart, ours are better. ;-) They taste better, don't have to worry about whether or not the ingredients are on plan and they are easy to grab and go as I run out the door. The juice drinks I use to get at least 1 Thermoboost in as I don't like the taste of the boost by itself.

Food recipes: Most times, my veggies I eat the amount allowed in raw form as a finger salad or 1 or 2 1/2 choices with lettuce. Once in a while I'll do cooked veggies or toss with the protein I've chosen. I'm at a point now where I really don't care WHAT I'm eating, just need to get in the required amounts and other things have my focus. FINALLY I can say I am "eating to live, not living to eat". I still LOVE food and use spices to make the proteins taste better, add tomatoes in with protein for an "Italian" flavored meal etc. Try to change things up and don't get into a rut of ONLY eating a certain type of protein, vegetable, or starch.

MAKE sure you get in the tablespoon of good fats and your 1/2 tsp of Morton's Lite Salt. Must Must Must get the water in!

Remember, if you can stick to the list, get in what they ask you to get in, take the pills, you'll loose faster and get to your goal much quicker. If you aren't able to, or have problems with something, talk to the counselors. They are there to help you!

Um..if you have other questions...ask me. :-)

Oh and if you got the apple oatmeal or start to crave a muffin ask your center for the oatmeal muffin recipe! Or I can give it to you. They turned into my "birthday cake" =). Plus 3 muffins is a supplement! yummy and almost too filling.
  • Good evening everyone! I just signed up tonight for Slimgenics and am nervous but also looking forward to beginning this 16 week journey. My husband and I signed up together, and while we both suffered from sticker-shock, I have read mostly great reviews of the program. I have 35 pounds to lose and he has about 50.

I do not have a drinking problem, but do like to have a few beers/glasses of wine on the weekends with my friends. I'm 29 and we go out with our friends occasionally! Any advice from people relating to this? SHould I just volunteer to be the DD all the time for the next 16 weeks??
  • Quote: Good evening everyone! I just signed up tonight for Slimgenics and am nervous but also looking forward to beginning this 16 week journey. My husband and I signed up together, and while we both suffered from sticker-shock, I have read mostly great reviews of the program. I have 35 pounds to lose and he has about 50.

I do not have a drinking problem, but do like to have a few beers/glasses of wine on the weekends with my friends. I'm 29 and we go out with our friends occasionally! Any advice from people relating to this? SHould I just volunteer to be the DD all the time for the next 16 weeks??

Hi ktjoe19!

We are almost in the exact same boat! I signed up last week and started prep on Sunday and am on day 3 of the reg eating plan. I'm 29 and signed up for 16 wks/34lb weight loss!

I have a friend who has been on slimgenics before and she said that the center will never really encourage/support you to drink, but if you "have to" the best option is vodka water w/ lemon/lime. To me, this sounds disgusting, but I guess if you really want to have a cocktail, that would probably be the best!

I personally am going to try my hardest not to drink at all in the first mth or so.... Over labor day, we are going to San Diego for my 30th and I know that I'll be food-cheating, as well as drinking, so I'm going to try my best to stay on plan.

I'd love to hear your progress as you go as there isn't too many blogs/chats with slimgenics!

Good luck!
  • I just started S4L today and will be starting the 3 day madness on Sunday. I'm a little concerned, however, about how the heck I am going to eat 2-3 pounds of meat PER DAY! I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions at all as to how to accomplish this, or if anyone has any advice that worked for them during their 3 day whatever you want to call it lol.

I have to say though that I am feeling really encouraged about this program after reading everyone's success stories on here!

If anyone is doing it as well and wants an email buddy, I'd be glad to offer up myself =)

-B
  • I just started the S4L Sunday with my husband. He is very skeptical, but I am a little more open. I've read good things and I am pretty motivated to truly get started.
  • I started this program a little over a week ago...I'm on day 6 of the plan right now and am working hard to follow it 100%. So far so good.
    I'm on the go for work all the time, so my hardest part is making sure I fit in 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. I never did breakfast before, so making sure I get out of the house in a reasonable amount of time is hard...
    I'm gonna pick up a cooler, but I'm doing better at pre-portioning my foods right as I get back from the grocery store...and sometimes cooking a few things in advance.
    The book has a few recipes in it and I like to be able to use the supplements to cook with...
    it's been good.
    I'm open to being an email buddy if you're participating in the program. Preferably in your early phases as well.
    I will be on weight loss weeks for 13 more weeks...lisakfish on gmail is me
  • Hi lisakfish,

Good job on getting through your first week. I thought that the first 3 days in the detox were the hardest! Prepping veggies and get in baggies in definitely helpful, but it takes time.

I'm on week3 (week 2 w/ slimgenics since they count the first week as zero). I had great results the first 1.5 weeks losing 6.75lbs, but have kind of remained stagnant the last week, which has been a bit frustrating. I'm not expected to drop lbs at a time, but I haven't even dropped any oz's either. I did a check in yesterday and they told me that it was just my body trying to balance out to the new food plan (as well as working out more). We'll see!

Good luck!
  • i have signed up and i start monday. i'm very excited except about the meat-fest. 2-3 pounds of meat is going to be HARD!!!! i'm off to read advice now
  • checking in - and we are on our 10th day - i've lost 9lbs and my hubby is down 11lbs --- the hardest part is making the time to prepare food - (have a senior and 5th grader on the move every night).

how is everyone else doing?
  • New Slimgenics member
    Hi all,

My name is Julie and I am 42. I live in Colorado. I'm on Day 3 of prep and have 107 lbs to lose. I am happy I have decided to do this program, although I'm rather irritated the costs weren't explained when I signed up. I purchased everything I needed yesterday taking advantage of the volume discount and ended up spending $3500!! If I'd known it was going to cost me this much, I'm not sure I would have done it. Anyway, I'm already tired of the raw veggies so I'm anxious to be able to cook some starting tomorrow AND have some fruit. Nice to meet everyone!!