Doing Slim 4 Life - looking for buddy

You're on Page 11 of 15
Go to
  • Hey Mollie!!!! Do let me know how your weigh in went today??? I am going to go on Monday next. I hope I have lost another 1-2 lbs till then. Can't wait to hear about your progress.

Also how are you eating your proteins??? Like what kind of seasonings and etc???
  • And yes I am referring to the herbal pills. I didn't even know they had caffeine free ones hmmm! I must ask my counselor!!
  • Hi Virgo,

I did not weigh in on Saturday like I had planned. I went on a 4 1/2 mile hike instead.

I did my weigh in today and it has been 1 week exactly ( I started last Monday, March 1). After one week, I have lost 9.25 pounds. I am excited about that. After my 3 day prep, I had lost 9.5 pounds so I have actually gained .25 of a pound since last Thursday. I had sore muscles after my hike and they told me that if you get sore muscles, they give off lactic acid and your body send water to that area to help to alleviate the pain so I could be retaining water and that could be the reason for the .25 gain. Who the heck knows? I have not eaten anything off plan since I started and I have been exercising alot so I know the weight will come off.

How are you doing? Keep me posted and keep up the great work!!
  • Oh, Virgo, and as far as the proteins..

I have been eating chicken chicken chicken chicken..... getting sick of it actually.

I spray a few sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on my chicken and then put some sort of Mrs. Dash on it. I usually eat my chicken in a Smart and Delicious wheat tortilla (1 starch serving) and I have made my own pico de gallo and put that it with it. Sometimes I make chicken salad with chopped up chicken, celery, and lite mayo and then wrap that in one of the tortillas.

Tonight, I had ahi tuna and I mixed some wasabi in with some lite mayo and dipped my ahi tuna in that. It was pretty good.

Please do tell me how you have been eating your protein....I am running out of ideas and I am only on week 2...... :-)
  • Hey Mollie I have lots of ideas for protein. I hope you like spicy food, because if you do then I can definitely help you . I cooked up a storm last night lol. I will post them up tonight. Hey I dont know why but I can't send you a personal message, can you?
  • Hi Virgo,

I don't know how to post a personal message.... I am not very good at these chat forums. You can email me at my yahoo email. Username is kyllionandtammy. For some reason, it won't let me type the email address into this. So the username of kyllionandtammy and then the @yahoo.com.

I hope this makes sense.

How is the plan going today?

I am starving today and I have no idea why.....first time I have felt like this.

I go weigh tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes. How is your weight loss coming?

Oh, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE spicy foods.

Thanks so much.

Also, I am thinking about buying the Slimgenics cookbook to see if I can get some ideas from that.
  • Virgo, are you in Colorado or Minnesota?
  • I started my slimgenics program today. I am on day 1. I am going to blog about it, so if you have concerns, questions, or want to share ideas, I would love to have any support I can get!

Julie - GOod luck all!!
  • Hi! My names Christi, from Ft Worth Texas. I am thinking about joining Slim4life but am a little hesitant. Ive read that its pretty expensive and when I went in for the free consultation they wouldnt tell me what it would cost me monthly for all the supplements. Also, Im a little worried about the supplements after reading several complaints on the BBB website. Does anyone know that has been on the program what is in the supplements? Are they FDA approved? Anyone belong to the Southlake location? Thanks!
  • Hi guys! Just stopping by real quick to say that I have lost 17.4 lbs in just 3 weeks and I feel amazing. Oh my gosh I am so excited
  • Hi Virgo! Ive been trying to get some help for a few days now with no luck :-( Do you have yahoo? If so can you please message me? I am considering joining but have some questions before I go back in. The lady I got gave me the run around when I asked certain questions. My ID is christi_tx_1976

Thanks!
  • Hi Jan, sure I would love to help you anyway I can. Is that your e-mail address? I don't have yahoo messenger sorry but give me your e-mail address and I will e-mail you
  • Oh great! Its christi713 at gmail. Not sure if it lets you put the @ but im sure you can figure it out :-) Ill be waiting for your email!
  • Virgo!!

Sorry I have been out of touch!

Thanks so much for the recipes....I so much appreciate it!

and 17.4 pounds in 3 weeks........wooooo hoooooo girl!! That is fantastic!!

I have been on for 3 weeks and 3 days..... I have not been in to weigh lately because my car has been in the shop. But, according to my home scale, I think I am down about 14-15 pounds....not quite as good as you but still pleased with it.

Very thrilled for you.

I don't find that this program is that hard to stick with. What about you?

Also, are you taking all of the herbs and carb blockers? I have not been (mostly because I forget).

Way to go and thanks again for the recipes.

I have figured out new meals and some are very yummy! Let me know if you are interested and I will share!!

Take Care.
  • So, my official loss is 16.25 pounds in 25 days.... very pleased and I feel great! My husband has been following along with me and has lost 12 pounds in 12 days. We are happy! Doesn't feel like a diet....just a good healthy lifestyle for eating.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!