Curves

• Does anyone know what kind of membership they have at curves, Is it all a long term thing, Or do they have a membership for a month or 2??

Stacie
  • I know when I joined they had a few different plans. I just went ahead and committed to year because it was less expensive that way.

I really enjoy it though. If you go to check it out they normally give a you a week's pass so that you can see if it is going to work for you.

Hope this helps.
  • Stacie: My local Curves franchise is pretty flexible. You can sign up month-to-month, though the rate is higher than if you sign up for a year. There is also a one-time sign-up fee. My Curves waives that fee if you sign up for one year and use the "check draft" method of payment (i.e., the monthly fee is taken directly out of your checking account). Finally, there is also a clause in the contract that says that you can cancel at any time during the year and pay a small penalty (I believe it is the cost of one month's membership).

Hope this info is helpful. I would definitely check with your local Curves to see what the deal is. Each is individually owned, so the rates/policies probably vary.

~Laura
  • Okay Thank Yall! Any rough estimates on a month?
  • Varies by location. My location in California is $39 month.
  • WOW! That's CA for ya. I think most run around $30/mo. So as long as you don't live in CA. LOL Some charge a $150 signup, others cut that in half, some have specials like the one mentioned for joining for a year and doing a draft, others have free specials during certain times of the year or for signing up a friend, etc. You just have to call the ones in your area and check. You may call one and they'll not have a signup special, but another one in your area might. So check with all of them to get your best deal.

Once there, you may also not care for the location or the staff, or the members, whatever. But with Curves, you can transfer your location at any time at no extra charge. So if you get a free signup at one but end up not liking it there and visit another to try it out and like them better, you can transfer and still not pay the signup.
  • I didn't check out all the options, as I was using a special offer through my employer, no signup fee.

I think I pay about $35 per month here in Texas. That is the price with the automatic payment out of the checking account. It is a one year membership and the most they will charge is $50 to cancel the membership (although I can't imagine canceling).
  • I looked into it recently.

In my area it was $50/month and $40/month if I signed up for one year. It was also $99 to sign up for the "initiation" portion. I decided to opt for a piece of equipment, since the cost was so high. I'm happy with my decision, though I know going to a facility is helpful to some.
  • I have some equiment, but I think i need some strenth traing also.