Luna/Pria/substitution Bars/Drinks

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Are there any flavors of the Luna or Pria bars that aren't similar to the LL ? I'm going to buy some today and want to make sure I don't buy something I shouldn't have.

I don't have a box of LL anymore so I don't have the nutritional info. to compare.
    Does someone have the #'s & %'s of the LL & drinks (like slimfast)that they could share with me?
    **I know the different flavors vary a little - but that's okay.

Thanks a ton !
  • LA Lite Chocolate Caramel Bars
    180 calories
    Fat - 4g
    Sodium 150 mg
    Cholesterol 5 mg
    Carbs 30 g
    Fiber 3 g
    Protein 8 g

Vanilla LA Slim Down
    Calories 250
    Fat 5 g
    Cholesterol 20 mg
    Sodium 380 mg
    Potassium 760 mg
    Carbs 34 g
    Fiber - less than 1g
    Sugars 32g
    Protein 20g

Personally, my favorite bar is the Kashi Go Lean (the flat bar); I find them at Walmart. They have peanut chocolate and caramet crunch....yummy.
  • I use the LA Lites but every once in a while I buy a Luna for variety. I like the Chocolate Peppermint Stick the best. The S'mores is pretty good, too.
  • I like the Luna, Nutz Over Chocolate...mmmmmmm
  • Ok, so I can't do bars........but my sis was here last week, and she does bars, and she bought a pecan something or another Luna bar........and I had to have a taste of it, as I am a pecan lover.........OMG....it was like a little taste of heaven. I think it is new, and if you like pecans, I highly recommend it. I SOOO wish I could do bars...........
  • They have one thats something like CHocolate Pecan Pie Nicole, and yum! Sorry you cant eat them :-(
  • Yes, that is it.......it was delish!!!
  • Hey Nicole - I know you don't drink...so is that why "you don't do bars...........??" lol
  • So is it a bad thing if the substitue bar has way more protein, but less calories, sugar and sodium? My mom found some that have like 15g of protein.. but are lower in everything else than the Lites are. Any thoughts?
  • I would think the extra protein and less sugar would be a good thing. Aren't we told the reason we eat the lites is because they have soy protein vs. other bars?
  • As I drove to work this morning I got to thinking... When you stall on weight loss they tell you to "shake things up" - don't eat the same things day in & out and don't do the same exercise as well.

Well, how does it work with Lites or any bars then? Since we're supposed to have 2 every day. Why can we eat these every single day - but not supposed to eat other things every day???
  • so they can make money......LOL. Really, I think they tell you to mix that up as well.........like with the la lite soups and other products. I am not familiar with all of the la products as I cannot tolerate soy......but they do have a few other options......I think an instant coffee type drink too.
  • Newbie here, been lurking for awhile. I have a question for anybody who can answer...I decided not to do the lites, but am a shift worker that can run calls in the middle of the night so the Luna and Pria bars are a great snack for my purse. How do I count those? I counted them as a starch and half a protien, am I right? I tried to look for the answer, but for the life of me can not find an one.
    Thanks a million!
  • Great question. I'm not doing the bars either - I'm on the red plan. If I decide to do a Luna bar, how do I count it. I was told at the COD that if I don't do the bars to start with and incorporate them every day then I can not have them at all. Reading through some posts here, I don't get that impression.