South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #1  

Default Which of the Kraft SB diet products do you like?

I've noticed there are lots of SB diet foods by Kraft in the stores, and am curious to try some of them.

So far I have had some of the phase I frozen meals. The chicken and broccoli caprese is great. There is an Asian style pork dish that was okay, but not as good as I hoped. I like how they have decent size portions compared to most diet meals.

If you've tried any good products, please share. I know we're not limited to these official SB products, but they can be nice and convenient when you don't have much time.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

never have any of them although I do use the Triscuit Thin Crisps that have the SBD logo on them.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not available in Canada, I'm afraid, but they sure would be convenient.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

I love, love, love the chicken salad with the cranberries. LOVE IT! I eat it almost every day for lunch anymore. It's not frozen, it is in with the lunchmeat and lunchables. I also like the wraps that are in that section.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: h206/s190/ticker/g145

Height: 5'5

i too love the south beach frozen meal and their wraps. they are yummy. i started eating them even before i started south beach. costco has the variety packs and i do think they are very convient when you don't feel like having a salad. i just bought the bars today, i heard they were good.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I really like that chicken salad w/cranberries, too! I mix it up and eat it on a bed of romaine or cabbage or broccoli slaw. I appreciate the convenience of being able to grab something OP when I'm in a hurry or on the run. Another product I really like are the SB pizzas.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #7  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

I'm going to have to look for that chicken salad with cranberries the next time I'm at the store!

I've tried a couple of the granola/cereal bars. My favorite so far is the 100 calorie triple berry - a nice treat when you need a snack on the go and something different from the usual.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #8  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Oooh! I love chicken salad with cranberries. I haven't tried the Kraft version, but I have a recipe around here somewhere. Wonder if it would be SB friendly. I'm off to find it now!

I've tried several of the frozen dinners, but I really haven't cared for any of them. I think my tastes must not be "mainstream". I've also tried some of the 100 calorie bars...at least the girls like 'em.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:16 AM   #9  

I'll have to look out for the chicken salad too. right now I'm a student full time, but when I work this summer I could bring a lunch like this. when I go to phase II I could start eating the wraps. sometimes it's time consuming to make eggs in the morning, and I've even been too busy to make the frozen quiches ahead of time.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:50 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I just may have to take my passport and $USA and take a day trip to Watertown, NY to do a South Beach shop. The chicken and cranberry salad has me drooling!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:00 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

The only thing I've tried have been the peanut butter cookies and the "baby triscuits" and both were good. I cook a big meal every afternoon, so I don't need to bring my lunch (I get off of school at 12:30). But my husband was telling me I should go pick up some of the meals since they are on sale right now to keep on hand.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:48 AM   #12  
Michael Ann 1973

Love It!
*Cranberry Chicken Salad, but it is really expensive for what you get. They give a pack of chicken, pack of mayonaise, walnuts, and like 10 dried cranberries. You could make this very easily. The pita chips that are in the pack are pretty bland too. I make my own.
*High Protein Cereal Bars, especially pb and cinnamon raisin
*SB Pizza

Hate, Hate Hate!
-Breakfast wraps, they seriously made me throw up.
-Cookies-weird greasy residue

I do buy a lot of stuff with the logo, like triscuits thin crisps..those things are da' bomb!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

If I needed to grab a quick lunch, I might use one of the frozen meals. However, I dont really care for the taste of them....and, they don't include enough of a veggie serving for my lunch. I typically eat 2 cups of veggies at lunch. I do use the Turkey Polska Kielbasa with the Southbeach "seal of approval" and the turkey bacon.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #14  

I really like the wraps! I've tried the turkey and bacon and the southwest chicken. I, too, find that it's hard for me to get my veggies in when I have one, but it's great to have something on hand for emergencies! When I buy several at a time it seems expensive, but when I consider that I used to eat out at almost every meal (which is a minimum of $5 a pop), $3 doesn't seem that bad. And they (the wraps at least) have coupons inside for your next purchase. I wish they would sell the whole wheat tortillas by themselves in a package. They are the best tasting ww tortillas I've tried. I need to keep an eye out for the products that have the South Beach "seal of approval"!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:27 PM   #15  

ksk571 - Keep an eye out for the tortillas. They sell them at my Tom Thumb grocery store in Texas so I imagine they will make it to most large stores eventually. They are good.
Closed Thread