Shrinking Boobs and Bras

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to
  • Hi everyone! I know this may seem like a personal question, but please do not be offended.

For those of you losing weight or have already reached goal, how many cup sizes did you go down and how much weight did you lose?

I am trying to prepare myself for how much of my boobage I will be parting with (sniffles..I am going to miss you girls)
  • Hi Mary! I hope you don't mind, but I moved your question over here to the Body Image And Issues After Weight Loss forum. It's a brand new forum we set up to deal with questions exactly like yours!

Boobage responds the weirdest of all to weight loss. Some people who desparately want to lose it, lose nothing. Others lose it all (that was me). I think a lot of it is genetics and some women are going to be big chested regardless of how much weight they lose.

I talked about my boob experiences in this thread: After weight loss breast augmentation

So my answer is that it's going to be very individual.
  • Cool thanks!! I don't mind the move at all..now I have a new section of the forums to haunt hehe.
  • Oh boy, I hope you do haunt us! (or at least hang out with us ) We get so many questions about the physical changes that hapen with weight loss (like boobs) as well as the mental issues (like 'why do I still think I'm fat when I look in the mirror?') that we wanted to bring them all together in one place.
  • Hi, I went from a 42DD to 38D, with a 59# loss so far, but I'm way older than you so you will probably be different. But i would guess the twins will be getting smaller. Good luck
  • Quote: Boobage responds the weirdest of all to weight loss.
    Amen.

I was a 44B to begin with and am now a 36D.

My boobs sure did shrink, and they weren't big to begin with and not pretty, very asymmetrical. So, that was all sorted out with a lift and a fluff!!

It is a great excuse to have a "boob job" and not look too vain.
  • Wow, I hope I won't need breast implants! I'd be happy with an A cup once I reach near goal. I wouldn't want to have the chest of a guy though.

One thing that has happened to me, which is a bit weird is I used to be a solid B cup, but now I'm a C cup and I'm even kind of busting out of that. I don't know how or why my boobs seem to be getting bigger?
  • Well the girls definitely took a beating. I started out at a 287 lbs wearing a 44DD. 120 something pounds later and with still more to lose I am down to a 36D. Something tells me, they're not done yet. I wouldn't be surprised if I wound up being a 34C. Whatever.
  • ~I am so excited to loose my boobs.....

I have been packing these boulders around for soooo long, I am sick of them!!!!

I have pictures of fancy pretty girly bras dancing in my head!!!

No more underwire, super duper big thick shoulder straps for me!

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I wouldn't have minded at all if mine had gotten smaller but nope! Not really. 50 lbs. down and no real change. Well, I know I've gotten smaller all around because I can now wear much smaller tops but the cup size hasn't really changed. I'd say it's gotten bigger but I really just think that I finally had a good fitting and bought a proper fitting bra.
  • I am just terrified of having nothing left but little shriveled up empty sacks on my chest

How can i wear cute girly bras and tops with no boobies?
  • Can you wear them at your current weight?
  • Hehe actually I can find a few cute tops..Never anything sleeveless though. I am really digging the Kimono style tops right now.
  • I lost ~70 lbs, and went all the way from a 40DD to a 36D! Not much change relatively speaking. I think it depends - somewhat - on where you were before yougained weight. I've always had, um larger, ones. I didn't gain weight til after I turned 40, so really I never expected that the girls would go away, and they didn't. Frankly like blissful, I'd be thrilled if they did. I have horrible grooves in my shoulders. I've talked to a surgeon - after having a number of cysts drained, and a biopsy for "abnormal" tissue - but right now it's not a priority.
  • It really seems to depend on the person. I've barely lost cup size, but I've definitely lost inches in the band. I went from a 42J to a 34I. Ok, I'm a little abnormally sized to start with, but it after 87 pounds lost, I was hoping for a little more. Thank goodness for a little thing called plastic surgery