mustard has 165 calories??

• I wasn't sure where to post this so please feel free to redirect it moderators.

I was looking up calorie info on calorieking and punched in yellow mustard. to my shock, it showed one cup as having 165 calories and 7.8g fat!? is that correct?
  • Not sure what "prepared" yellow mustard is. Buts that what gave you those numbers.

If you look under Heinz, Sauces: Yellow Mustard, Squeezeable one bottle ( 1 lb 15 oz) have no value. Well except the 8000 mg of sodium.

Besides who eats 1 cup of mustard?
  • Yeah, but who's going to eat a whole cup of mustard?

A teaspoon of mustard, depending on the type you buy, ranges from 0 calories to 10.
  • compare that to a cup of mayo (1577) or catsup (250) and you'll see that for a condiment, mustard is pretty good (except for the sodium). Only salsa really does better (69) and as much as I love my salsa, I cant put it on EVERYTHING
  • Quote: compare that to a cup of mayo (1577) or catsup (250) and you'll see that for a condiment, mustard is pretty good (except for the sodium). Only salsa really does better (69) and as much as I love my salsa, I cant put it on EVERYTHING
    I'm the same way. I love salsa, but I'm not crazy about putting it ON foods. The only thing I'd put it ON is maybe a baked chicken breast or something. Some people use salsa for salad dressing. I tried that once. Umm, it didn't go over very big, LOL.

I've also been known to put the occasional dab of salsa on a baked potato, but that's about it. To me, salsa is for dipping chips into
  • Quote: I'm the same way. I love salsa, but I'm not crazy about putting it ON foods. The only thing I'd put it ON is maybe a baked chicken breast or something. Some people use salsa for salad dressing. I tried that once. Umm, it didn't go over very big, LOL.

I've also been known to put the occasional dab of salsa on a baked potato, but that's about it. To me, salsa is for dipping chips into
    Oh, no I put salsa on a lot. Every morning I have my omelet with salsa. I use salsa for a salad dressing - especially dining out because their salsas are usually mild. But only salads with meat or beans, not usually just veggies. In wraps.

For me I am VERY brand picky with salsa. I like the kind that tastes really fresh (and goes bad quickly ) like Herdez. I detest Pace or other americanized brands.