CIC May Exercise Thread!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Part of what keeps me binge-free is being active and exercising! Thank you Kate for the April thread, I only just found it halfway thru the month. So if we can get everyone on board, committed, we can have a binge-free, active month! If you need, copy and paste the dates from below then just come back every day and "edit" your own post to add what activity you did. It helps to post your monthly goal as well.....here goes, LET'S DO IT!

My goal will be 1100 minutes but my secret goal will be 1300.

MAY 1: Work tonight so NONE
    2; 70 minutes gym time! Woohoo! 70
    3:work night, none today
    4: 60 minutes Yeah BABY....130
    5: Kicked butt at the gym today!~~~90 min= 220
    6:none
    7:none work night
    8:90 minutes, feeling GREAT...310
    9: 80 minutes, I almost quit! Glad I didn't .....390
    10:

Well it looks like I'm out, I'll post at the bottom to tell the story!
  • OK...I'm on board! My goal is just to do atleast 3 days a week. Since I've been doing NOTHING, I think thats a good place to start. If I find time to do more I will but I will MAKE time atleast 3 times a week!
    Yesterday I walked for 25 minutes.
    Today 50 minutes! (2 miles up and down hills!! I thought I was gonna die!)
    Good luck!
    May 3rd. 30 minute walk
    May 4
    May 5
    May 6
    May 7
    May 8.....30 minutes....was out of town for the weekend and just couldn't get outta that "vacation" mode!
    May 9...30 minutes eliptical-15 min. bowflex
    May 10...15 minutes upper body Bowflex (can't hardly walk! My calves are on FIRE from yesterday!)
    May 11...30 minutes walking (even with sore calves!)
    May 12
    may 13
    May 14
    May 15................................I WAS gonna w/o watching American Idol but the storm blew out my power!!!
    May 16...45 minutes on Eliptical machine
    May 17....25 minutes stationary bike
    May 18...40 minutes walking
    May 19
    May 20
    May 21....30 minutes elipticle
    May 22.....30 minutes bike
  • OK, here I go :

MAY 3: 30 min cycling
    4: 45 min strength training and streching, 25 min cycling
    5: 40 min Pilates
    6:
    7:
    8:45 min strength training and streching, 12 min cycling
    9: 45 min strength training and streching, 10 min cycling
    10: 30 min swimming (500m)
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21:
    22:
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
    30:
    31:

My goal for this month is doing a strech and strength training routine three times a week and cycling on my stationary bike and doing my (brand new, never used until now) Pilates DVD four times a week.

Let´s go girls (and boys? Is there a male human being around?)! We can do this!
  • Thanks, Michelle... I'm in!

May 1st: 30 minutes cycling
    2nd: 30 minutes on treadmill (including 13 minute run) + a few weights
    3rd:
    4th:
    5th:
    6th:
    7th: 30 minutes on treadmill (including a 15 minute run) + some weights
    8th: 30 minutes on exercise bike
    9th: 30 minutes on tread mill (including a 13 minute run) + some weights
    10th: renovated for two hours, and I'm counting it as 1/2 hour of weights
    11th: 35 minutes on treadmill (including a 10 minute plus a 5 plus a 3 minute run) and some weights.
    12th:
    13th:
    14th:
    15th:
    16th: 30 minutes on treadmill (including a 17 minute plus a 3 minute run) and some weights.
    17th:
    18th:
    19th:
    20th:
    21st:
    22nd:
    23rd: 30 minutes on treadmill (including a 10 minute plus a 5 minute run) and some weights.
    24th:
    25th:
    26th:
    27th:
    28th:
    29th:
    30th: 30 minutes on treadmill (including an 18 minute run) and some weights
    31st:
  • I am not sure, but if we all just edit our post, wonīt the thread dissapear into the nirvana of all the older post very soon? I donīt think that these system counts an edit as a new post...
  • Quote: I am not sure, but if we all just edit our post, wonīt the thread dissapear into the nirvana of all the older post very soon? I donīt think that these system counts an edit as a new post...
    That's true, Kate. Shall we just pop in once and day and say "hi" besides editing our posts?

I think I should be exercising, but I've got workers here, and I can't get out. Maybe I'll get on the bike later...

Let's all move it, girls!!
    Have a great day!
  • Jep, Iīll say "Hi" and edit my post...The Exercise thread should be on the top of the page

I did my new Pilates DVD (MTV Pilates) for the first time today. And itīs....tough. Really tough. I wasnīt able to do all the exercises, but Iīll keep trying!

And I got some soure muscles to report...ok, some isnīt right. To be honest: Iīve got a little problem moving the part of my body which is located underneath my chin and above my knees.

ellis: Hope you visited your bike yesterday!
  • Great idea for the thread...to have the days listed to really tell at a glance just how much you're doing, thanks! Wow, it makes me feel awesome to realize how much I've done this month already! YIPPEE! Now, I just gotta keep it up!

MAY 1: 1 hour weightlifting, 30 minutes spinning class (cycling)
    2; 1 hour bodypump (weightlifting)
    3: 1 hour bodypump (weightlifting), 45 minutes spinning class
    4: 1 hour bodypump (weightlifting)
    5: off
    6ff
    7ff
    8:1 hour bodypump (weightlifting)
    9:1 hour bodypump (weightlifting)
    10: 1 hour bodypump (weightlifting), 45 minutes spinning class
    11:1 hour bodypump (weightlifting)
    12ff
    13ff
    14:1 hour bodypump (weightlifting)
    15: 30 minute spinning (cycling) class
    16:1 hour bodypump (weightlifting), 30 minute walk
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21:
    22:
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
    30:
    31:
  • Good going, girls! Keep it up!! (just bumping this up and editing my post)
    Kate, that's good muscle pain, right? I'd like to try Pilates... it looks like such a great workout.

Elizabeth, you're a powerhouse!!
  • Hi!

I did my exercises today

And I don´t know what kind of madness ruled my brain at this moment, but I bought a whole year admission ticket for our local pool (which is located in the street where i live). So I am planning to go swimming. In a bathing suit. Oh my.....
  • Kate, you just kill me. Good luck with that bathing suit thing. I'll bet you'll look great. And you'll feel so good in the water.

Just got off the bike... where is everyone else? ahem? Michelle? Renee? Elizabeth?
  • OK...saw my name from across the river Ellis. Now I feel guilty! Tomorrow its supposed to rain all day. PERFECT for making excuses to not work out. But because i don't want to be pointed at I'm gonna do SOMETHING! LOL
    Wanna race?
  • ellis: No, no, I really donīt look good wearing a bathing suit...But the good thing is: itīs an outside pool (I forgot the right english word) and itīs not that warm here at the moment. Plus the fact that I am planning to go in the moring= nobody is going to see me!

I plan to go swimming tomorrow, if itīs not raining too much. The air is cold, the water is cold- one of the rare occassions in my life where having a body like a baby seal is helpful.

Kate (just discovered that bunny and LOVE it!!)
  • OK ELLIS Its raining out but I still exercised!! Thanks for the push!
  • Yay, Renee!!! I read your post this morning, and I thought, "She won't exercise. Because I sure wouldn't!
    I'm so glad for you, hon!!

I went to the gym again this morning, and I feel like I've run over by a truck. I suppose that could be a good thing...

Kate, I hope you're all alone in the pool, and that you have a lovely time.
    Oh, that bunny is too cute...