This Week's Healthiest Food - Romaine Lettuce

• http://www.whfoods.com/index.html?PH...cf68e93580e481

I LOVE making a big caesar salad from romaine hearts.

Anyone else like it too?
  • Oooooooooo! And I'm going to the store today and will pick up the ingredients for the salad recipe on that page, the romaine and avocado salad. That looks so yummy!
  • I seen that. I am shopping on saturday. WHat I also would love to do is their "Feeling Great Menu". I just need to find a cheaper source for wild salmon
  • Last spring and summer I had a low cal ceasar salad every day and I wonder if that was the secret of my success. I substitute basalmic vinegar for half the dressing - lots of taste less calories. I know not to everyone's taste but it works for me. I also found that eating the nutritionally fabulous romaine lettuce has helped the health of my gums (lots of dark leafy green veggies help). Back to eating the salad as much as possible.

Joanne
  • Romaine lettuce is awesome for lettuce wraps
  • I love Romaine lettuce. I buy the hearts that come in a package of 3. It is the main lettuce that I use. I use LOTS of it in fact. And yes, I too use it for wraps.
  • Romaine lettuce is also one of my favorite greens. Spinach probably comes in a close second. I eat a huge bowl with some other vegetables and Newman's light honey mustard dressing everyday.
  • Quote: I seen that. I am shopping on saturday. WHat I also would love to do is their "Feeling Great Menu". I just need to find a cheaper source for wild salmon
    costco here (usually) has flash frozen wild salmon. I love that they are individually frozen and quite frankly they are fresher than unfrozen because they are frozen ON THE BOAT. Anyway, I think it comes in a 2 lb bag for $19.99 which isnt that bad...there are usually about 6 nice size filets in there.
  • Unfortunately, our Costco sells farmed salmon. Trader Joe's does have good prices on wild salmon though.
  • Hi Ennay!

Good to see ya.

Quote:
    costco here (usually) has flash frozen wild salmon. I love that they are individually frozen and quite frankly they are fresher than unfrozen because they are frozen ON THE BOAT. Anyway, I think it comes in a 2 lb bag for $19.99 which isnt that bad...there are usually about 6 nice size filets in there

That is a good deal. I need a costco card! Well I seen on Albertsons website they have fresh wild alaskan halibut and the fish website says the atlantic halibut are bad but pacific is good so I am going shopping on saturday and hopefully they will have some!

nelie:

Hello. Well I guess it depends on where you live. The closest tj's is down the hill from us. I just recently found out that strauss milk is the company behind their private label(for milk). Yum!!!