One Good Day

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • And shrimp and tea for dessert.
  • Not too bad for a dinner at our friends. steak, salad, dinner roll, and then of course dessert. Over for the day but in control I felt
  • I wish I hadn't eaten quite so much popcorn last night, however ... yesterday was not bad.
    I feel like ennay ... at least I felt some control.

Today, I have in my lunch bag ... yogurt, cheerios, mixed baby greens salad, ff cottage cheese, salmon, walnuts, baby carrots and tea.
  • Missed this yesterday but I'm in for today..
    B: Egg white omelette w/ Laughing Cow lite, spinach , mushrooms. 1 grapefruit. Coffee

I need a good day, too No time like the present
  • pre-run: ezekiel toast, pb, all-fruit spread, heavily diluted cranberry juice
  • Good job everyone. I came in at end of day yesterday at 1351 - that was with berries and 2 squares of dark chocolate. Dinner was a huge salad with low fat bleu cheese, chick peas, lots of veggies, Newman's lt. balsamic. Also a side of couscous, veggies.

I did a 1 hour walk/run... it was tough when I started - legs felt heavy, but I felt really good by the end.

Thanks Susan for starting the thread. Glad you had a good day yesterday and that you are brown bagging healthy lunch today! Good job, girls, and keep it up today!
  • run: - 2 packs gu
    breakfast (finally!) eggbeater omelet, mushrooms, onion, spinach, salsa, lowfat cheese, jicama hashbrowns, whole wheat lite bread, dilute cranberry juice.

time for a shower. and then lunch! I love longrun days.
  • I ate everything in my lunch bag and nothing else ... except for this beer I've got going since I got home from work. It's a light beer
  • I've got to try those jicama hashbrowns... they sound like a pretty good substitute for potatoes. My DH loves potatoes of any kind, but he is diabetic, so I don't buy or fix them often. I'm gonna try the jicama!

Went on 1 hr. 15 minute intense walk with run with my workout buddy at the local park. Lots of hills and we really pushed, so I'm feeling it. I'm getting ready to enter fitday - I'm pretty sure I'll be right around 1300 like yesterday. Very good for me, as weekends can get a little out of control.

We leave for the beach Thu morning... I won't be at goal, but I'm for the most part satisfied with how I've done. I'm at my lowest wt. since starting, and I don't want to backslide!

Susan - Beer and wine are fine as long as you allow room for them, right? At least that's my philosophy. I'm sipping on a glass of cabernet right now!

Maybe we can keep this thread going this week... would be good for me to do for accountability's sake until I leave for the beach
  • l: leftover chicken & ww dumplings,carrot, chocolate
    s: almonds, macadamias, fig newtons, milk
    s2: apple , string cheese
    (btw I ran 13.2 today, so this is all in limits )
    D: pork, potatoes green beans & onions, some of dd's tortilla "pizza"
  • That was a good day. I know I sound like a control freak when that happens but ... it feels great!