Hi Everyone

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am new to the boards. I am a a 30 year old Stay at home mom with 100 pounds to lose. I did LAWL before I had my son and lost 60 lbs and then gained it back and then some when I had my son. Looking foward to getting started again. I cannot afford to go to the center so I am doing it on my own and could use lots of advice. I look forward to chatting with everyone.
  • Welcome Beth - this site is great....lots to read and learn. There are a few other SAHM's on this thread (personally, I don't qualify). Enjoy the chatter on the monthly thread...we do get a bit crazy at times.
  • Welcome Beth! Good luck on restarting, you know it works!!
  • welcome beth!!
  • Hi Beth -- Nice to meet you, welcome!
  • Welcome, Beth! You'll get lots of support here
  • Welcome!
  • welcome Beth.

I just joined here as well. And, like you, I am doing this on my own without the centre. This seems to be a great bunch, and there is a lot of support available.
  • Hi Beth!! Not sure how the centers where you live run their programs, but you may want to call, returning clients at my center get stabilization and maintenance back for free so the only thing you usually have to pay for is your weight loss weeks and that is at a special rate too!
  • Welcome Beth!
  • HeyBeth, Im Kristen, Im new on here too. I, too, did LAWL 5 years ago. Started at the same weight I am now, so when I hit it again, I was like UH OH!!! Im trying to do it without the center, but I think all my materials are in my hometown at my parents house, so Im relying on my memory, and any other information people have here. So far, Im not being so strict I just came back from a cookout. I ate a cheeseburger, chips, a cookie, a raspberry square, AND an oreo!!!! I havent been strict with myself in a long time (hence the weight gain). How are you getting back in the mode with no counselor to "yell" at you when the scale goes up? Im having trouble.
  • Welcome ya'll!

Kristen... Look at it this way.. At least you only ate 1 cookie, 1 raspberry square and 1 oreo.. If you weren't on the plan, how many would you have eaten? At the beginning, take heart in the small victories, and keep them moving forward toward big ones!!
  • Thanks Dan,
    I did finish out the day strong, but saw a pound gain this morning. Guess I cant just eat what I want and it wont matter. That mindset is so dangerous!! Really makes me think that the little "nibbles" here and there really do make a difference!
  • Welcome Kristen and Beth!
  • Hi Beth, I'm new here too and new to LAWL, I'm still trying to get it all figured out. Good luck.

Courtney