Another Starter Here

• Hi all, it looks like there's lots of new people here so add my name to the list!

I'm starting my weightloss journey today at 215 pounds, size 14/16 and looking to get down to about 160. At the beginning of 2006 I worked very hard and got down to 210 from my highest weight of 240 lbs and a size 20. I pretty much maintained that weight for a year, which I am proud of, but I still have a lot to go! I was not overweight as a child, and then in junior high/high school I was "chunky" but not huge, I didn't really put on serious weight until about 5 years ago after college. I can't say that I've yo-yo'd up and down or tried every diet in the book because I haven't really cared enough to do so. Well that's only half true, I DID care, I was often self conscious, sometimes bitter, and altogether unhappy with my appearance, but I just never did anything about it, I had a defeated attitude without having even started!

Last year was really the first time I honestly made a commitment and lost some weight, I did it by simply cutting down on my portion sizes, keeping track of calories, and getting out for a walk almost every day. That's pretty much my plan this time around too, I'm trying to just eat less, make healthier choices and get out there and exercise!

I'm just looking for a little support and friendship here. Last year I posted regularly at another weight loss message board and it really helped so much! I've gone back there but it seems the board has slowed down a lot and not many people post there anymore so I came here to check things out! I'll be checking in every day and really look forward to getting to know everyone here!
  • Hi im new too..like really new..lol...im just lost..and dont know where to start...foodwise and exercise wise...enjoying all the reading tho....well have a nice evening
  • Hey there! both of you!

wisher, you have done great with your weight loss so far! Keep on keeping on! You can do it!

Check out the resources and the many, many forums!

See you!
    Jay