One of those lightbulb moments: portions

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Speaking of portions again, funny thing this morning: my mother has got a machine to make bread, so I decided I wouldn't die if I were to have some of said bread for breakfast. But since it seemed dense enough a bread to make tricky portions, I weighed the two slight slices I had cut, and lo and behold, that made about 95g. My sis looked at me saying "you're even weighing your bread? Aren't you going a little too far?" (she's skinny and very active, and doesn't to pay as much attention to those things as I). To which I answered: "maybe YOU can afford not doing it, but if I don't do that with my food, I'll keep on eating too much without realizing it, and then you'll be able to roll me in the stairs to get home".

(My sis isn't a bad person with that, though, so I'm not angry with her -- she's had a period during which she was about the weight I am now, and wasn't happy with it either. Yesterday, she asked me why I was bothering salvaging clothes from my last move, since "they're too big for you now, you deserve to treat yourself to new clothes". Unfortunately, I don't have the money for many new clothes, so this is another matter. )