I ran a 5k!

• Today I ran my first “official” 5k for the American Cancer Society Run/Walk event in Madison, WI. For most of my life I have professed to hate running, and I never would have thought I would voluntarily run any distance, but a shoulder injury last fall made swimming too painful and I was getting plain sick of the elliptical (one can only take so much hamster cardio), so I started the c25k running program. The event was fun, I raised some money, and it was an all around great experience. My next running mini-goal: run the 10k next year!

Official time 32:31
  • WOOO!!!!! Congratulations!!!

And you had an awesome time too!!! 32mins is crazy amazing!!!!

Good for you!!!
  • Whoa! I can't even imagine running that long; you must be in great shape!

And your puppy is SO cute! I have a Boston terrier too; his name is Sullivan.

• Awesome!
  • CONGRATULATIONS! What a great accomplishment and a fabulous time!

• and 32 min is faaaabulous.
  • Congrats Shan. You look fabulous.
  • Congratulations!!! You can definitely do the 10K. You're looking great.
  • Whahoo look at you go girl

Do you really mean that one day I might actually like to run too? HA HA your funny---No really that is great to hear. I would love to run someday. You just gave me hope.
  • Thanks everyone! Trust me, if I can do it almost anyone could, you just have to decide that you want to and then do it.

Kate – BTW, my dog isn’t a Boston Terrier, we fondly refer to him as a “super mutt” because just about everyone thinks he has something different in him. Beagle, Basset Hound, Dachshund, Pit Bull, Pointer, Setter… I think Boston Terrier is a new one though. Here’s a couple more shots of my little guy with his ears in their natural position, you can see why people have a hard time guessing exactly “who’s his daddy”.