New Tattoo and Exercise?

• I figured you Alternachick ladies would be in the best position to help me out with my question!

I got a new tattoo Saturday. It is in an area that would be partially covered by a sports bra.

How long do you think I should wait before exercising? I am concerned both about the sweating (getting the tattoo too wet) and the rubbing from the bra on the healing area.

Thanks chickies!
  • hm... that is a good question. i got one that was just in the area of my regular bra and it rubbed and i lost some of the color. i'd say you should probably wait until it has finished healing - like scabbing and then coming off... but I think checking w/ the tattoo artist might be a good idea. Or you may just shop around and see if you can find a bra that doesn't cover that spot.
  • Go ahead and exercise if you want. Just use a little bandage tape and some gauze to protect your new ink.
    I got all my tattoos in the Army. LOTS of exercise. Never had a problem.
  • Just don't wear a bra until it heals, who cares if you are alone when working out, but if you are in a Gym they can just deal with it! Its your body, dress it in anything YOU see fit, not what society says you have to.

Just my 2 cents....

Barb