Thursday Chatters

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I'm starting a new Thursday Chatters thread since the other one was getting long.

Now I don't have anything to chat about!!! The weekend is over. Tomorrow is Monday, and I really don't like getting up on Mondays (or Tues, or Wed., or ...............)

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week! We're having my brothers and their families here on the Friday after Thanksgiving. They both have in-laws to celebrate with. Since my hubby's parents are also gone, my aunt asked us to come to her house on Turkey Day so we won't be alone.

Almost basketball season. Tim made the 8th grade team. They start the first week of Dec. My brother's high school team (he's a coach) starts the end of November.

Need to get back to my reading. I don't get much done during the week with papers to grade. Try to make up for it on the weekend. I finished A Painted House by John Grisham. It was wonderful. I cried.
  • Hi all,
    We just got back. It was so relaxing to get away.
    Our friends were so glad to have us. They tried so hard to keep us amused. We had to keep telling them that we came to just be with them.
    This afternoon, the men went down to their lake and fished. (They through them back in.) They had fun and it gave us time for more girl talk.

I've got to throw all our clothes in the washer now. This couple has 9 indoor cats. Well, they were his before they married. Anyway, everything we wore there has cat fur on it.
    I love my cat but I don't think I could marry someone with 9 of them.

I'll talk more tomorrow.
    Tina
  • Morning Friends!

I'm at work trying to get a few things done however our systems are down so I have some time... yay!

Tina, I'm so glad to hear you had a great time but man oh man, NINE cats? That's craziness! We just got our second dog and I couldn't go through this again - up in the night, constantly trying to entertain her and keep my older dog from eating her.

Tammy, congrats on Tim making the basketball team. Is basketball to USA what hockey is to Canada? My stepson used to play hockey but I think every Canadian boy plays hockey and quite a few of the girls as well.

I hope everyone has a on program day. I had a bagel this morning so will have a chicken salad or something light for lunch.

Addey

ps - on a happy note for me, we named the new puppy Indy which is the name I wanted for her. yay!
  • Good morning everyone

It's sooooo quiet around here, I don't know why we're not talking more-----hint, hint!!!

Tammy-I add my congrats to Tim.

Addey--I'm glad you got to name the puppy, Indy. I was wondering if Ice was going to accept the puppy. Now I know....he..he..
    How is your weather in Canada? It's in the low 70's here in south TX. Someone told me that we'll have a cold winter this year. I don't know how they figure that. I hope they are right. No, I'm not crazy. Susan can agree with me that TX has had 2 very mild winters. Susan has had some snow but I've had maybe one day at freezing for the last couple of winters. All these beautiful sweaters going to waste.

Tammy, is the interpreter back this week?

Susan, have you decided if you'll take the new job?

Dee, how is your foot feeling? Do you cook much at Christmastime? I used to make fudge. I have a good recipe but I can't find it. You know, I posted it a year ago on the thread. Boy, I wish someone had written it down.

I'm going out to rake the leaves. Just over the weekend, the trees have lost soo many more. You can barely see the grass.

Take care and stay OP everyone!

Tina
  • Ok, someone must email me when a ne thread is started! So call me a Ding-Dong. I was wondering why no one was posting. Duh!! A new thread was started.

Nothing new here. Had another 3 am wakeup. Not sure what is wrong. But it MUST STOP!

I won't hear anything about the new job until after the first of the year. I am 100% sure I will get it. They will be so shocked when they find out. I'm looking forward to a change and doing something that I love. I'll let you know as soon as I find something out.

I can vouch for Tina!!! We have had 2 very mild winters. Only thing, we had ice last Christmas..... no electricity for 3 days. Now that was an adventure!! I can't wait to wear sweaters and not have to be hot.

I'm off to find something for supper. I'm straving.

Susan
  • 9 cats!!!!!!!!!!! I was almost sneezing just thinking about it! Even with the cats, I'm glad you had a good time. It is always so much fun to get together with friends that you don't see very often.

Basketball and football are popular where we live. My nephew plays hockey in a town about 15-20 miles from here. He is really quite good. He also plays basketball and baseball, but I think hockey is his favorite.

I hope the older dog doesn't eat Indy!!!! What kinds of dogs are they?

The interpreter is back and we received the updated microphone system in the mail yesterday. Thank goodness!!

Susan, that is neat about the job. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

I've been working more with some of the multi-handicapped students this year. There are only 5 in the class and a full-time aide who happens to be one of my good friends. The teacher is new this year, and I don't think she'll be back next year. The thought has crossed my mind to switch. My team teacher would shoot me though! LOL

Tomorrow morning I am officially on blood pressure medicine. I was at the doctor's office this afternoon. The bottom number on my BP has been 90 and above every time that it has been taken over the past few weeks. Not thrilled about being on medicine, but if I live that's the main thing!

Have a good one everyone!
  • Hello, hello, hello--it's a beautiful day here & everywhere!!!
    You can see that I'm in a wonderful mood.

Susan, I have started a weigh in thread for the week!
    Also, I hope you aren't still waking up at 3 a.m.

Tammy, I'm glad your aunt invited y'all to come for Turkey Day. Holidays are always hard times no matter how long it's been since we lost someone.
    Oh, tell me, do you think that new John Grisham book would be interesting to my husband? I remember he's read him before. (I'm thinking about Christmas presents now.)
  • Hey, gang! The prodigal poster returns

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Life is insane! I've been swamped with work (both offline and online), trying to find time to study for my certification test (only 4.5 more weeks to go - yikes!), traveling a little bit and just generally trying to keep things from getting completely out of control.

I have still made time to go to the gym 3-5 times a week - I'm pretty proud of myself for that! First time in my life I've stuck to physical exercise for this long. Not seeing much progress in the weight area, but I haven't been good about counting points, so I can only blame myself!

I'd say I would go through all the old posts and catch up, but I know I would be deluding myself. So pick any of the following that might fit: congratulations, condolences, chin up, I'm proud of you, hang in there, way to go. There ... how's that for being efficient!

I really will try to come back here more often. Really!

Laura~
  • Laura, you do exist!!!!! Welcome Home

We are glad to have you back. And, we hope you won't be such a stranger here.

Tina
  • LMAO at Laura!!! Loved all of your comments. Good idea!! Glad to hear from you.

Tina, my hubby is planning to read the book. I think anyone would enjoy it. It is different than his others, takes place on a farm.

Just got home from conferences a while ago. No parents yelled at me tonight. What a relief. Parents were very supportive about what we are doing in our classrooms, so that was nice.
  • Tammy, I'm glad your conferences went well. Did you have a good attendance? My sister says sometimes only a few parents show up. That's a pitty when that happens.

I'm feeling a little low tonight. Maybe it's holiday blues.....with my mother the way she is and me not having my job anymore. I miss the people, the routine, being around people (I think I said that ) and, of course, the money.
    It's so quiet around my house. my cat isn't much of a conversationalist.

Hope everyone has a good Friday. Stay OP.

Tina
  • Welcome back Laura! My what pretty colors you used in your posting *S* Sounds like you have a really hectic schedule right now....great job making it to the gym though.

Tammy, I'm glad I'm one of the parents that go to conferences and not one of the teachers!! (GLad no one yelled at you this round). I stress out just thinking "what will they say about my kid"...LOL. But she's doing fantastic this year in school....Im glad about that.

Sorry your feeling blue Tina. Time to teach that cat to talk

Im kind of in a down mood also. I feel that I'll never loose this weight, and especially not by my vacation, so why do I stress about it. Which it's my own fault Im sure. And now my BF told me (once again) he's not gonna make it out here to visit. Which is really making me have 2nd thoughts about things big time. What bugs me the most is I have to tell my child he wont be coming, and she really likes him. Thats enough whining for now. I'll live

Dee
  • Good morning,
    My mother always told me never to write a letter at night because you might feel down. Well, I shouldn't have written on the thread. Anyway, It's morning and I feel good that it is a new day.

Dee----friend-----you and I need to stick together.
    I am so sorry about your boyfriend not coming out. Just figure maybe he's not worth worrying about!
    ~Get yourself up-----take a bath and put on some great smelling stuff.
    ~Today, do one positive thing to help your weight loss. Anything Walk up a flight of stairs instead of taking the elevator-----Don't eat that Hershey Kiss or M & M-----Eat a piece of fruit-----or the dreaded, Drink one glass of water.
    Don't you give up on this!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Tina
  • Tina, glad you're feeling better. I get the same way at night sometimes.

Our attendance is WONDERFUL at conferences. Out of 40 students, we had 4 parents that didn't come one of the two weeks. Naturally, a couple of those we really needed to see, but you can't force them.

Junior high dance tonight. I need to pick Tim up at 10:00. Hope he had a good time.

I am so glad that it is the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jr. High dances. Does Tim like them a lot? Are there some girls he has his eye on?

Well friends, I am cooking a turkey tonight. Yep, I am. Thank goodness for cooking bags!! Now, my husband loves giblet gravy. So, I'm cooking the giblets. I didn't even know what a giblet was! :-) I do remember that Mother always put a boiled egg in the gravy. I will have to do that Thursday night.

Our cat knows there's a turkey in his house. He will have to wait till tomorrow for a sample. I'm gonna put the bird to bed and slice it up tomorrow. I got Ziploc bags so I can freeze it until we need it.

I hope everyone made it through their Friday. Have a super weekend.

Tina