Dayton, Ohio???

• Hey!

I have never been to Ohio and I was wondering if some locals or past travelers could let me know what there is to do there (I am staying for a weekend in May) and maybe recommend restaurants or shops or whatever.

Any and all information greatly appreciated!
  • Bumpity Bump.

Anyone?
  • I was born and raised near Dayton. It's been about 18 years since I've been there much except to visit family. I'm racking my brain to come up with something for you. Unfortunately, I was a little sheltered and didn't get to do much. Sorry I can't think of anything off the top of my head!
  • dayton....ummm sorry, it isnt exactly a travel mecca. I lived in cleveland and cinci, but dayon.....chirp chirp. I think we just drove through on our way to elsewhere
  • I went to college in Muncie, Indiana, where there was virtually NOTHING to do, especially if you're under 21. So, my friends and I would drive to Dayton, Ohio to go to a gay club called Celebrity. I always had a great time there; sometimes there would be drag queens performing (in a classy way). There is a bar for the over 21 people, but they do allow 18+ people in and I never saw any underaged drinking. There are at least two dance floors. I don't know how you feel about gay clubs, but I prefer them over straight places when I just want to go dancing. I'm not sure exactly where Celebrity is located (it's been years and I was never driving), but I'm sure you could do an online search. Good times...
  • Columbus is a fast 45 minute drive! Sorry, the only time I've been to Dayton was when USAIR had a cheap last minute deal to fly there. I picked up a rental car and drove to Columbus to visit my dd at Ohio State.

What do you like to do? One great thing about central Ohio is that it's pretty flat if you like to bicycle. There are loads of great restaraunts in Columbus, comedy clubs, shopping, galleries on Short North (High Street), but all I know about Dayton is how to get out of the airport. It's a pretty nice little airport

Have you googled Dayton?

Mel