Core Chat Thread - April 3 - 8, 2007

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Here you go - fresh new pages to 'chat' on!

Frouf
  • Help!
    I just started going on to this site (I signed up about a year and a half ago, but didn't continue). I am a bit lost--I just started WW. I wanted to do the graph/chart that everyone seems to have, but I don't know how to get to it. Can anyone help?
  • Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early today. I woke up coughing at 5:00 and couldn't go back to sleep. Sigh. I'll be looking for a nap later.

Welcome, Denisue, and Good Luck! To create a weight tracker, "click" on one that you see in a member's message. It will take you to the website where you can create a personalized tracker of your own. When you are done it will give you a string of coding that you'll copy and paste into your user signature in your 3FC account. I hope that helps!

I'm off to the other thread to catch up.
  • Coco, one pound is not bad with TOM impending! Just be as good as you can this week and you'll be rewarded. Did you get a free sample of the chocolate raspberry mini bar? Wow!

Patti, how are you today? I hope your still reveling in all your accomplishments and enjoying that new spring jacket. You are going to help me get into mine!

Frouf, I'm glad you enjoyed your Passover dinner. Will Passover make it easier for you to stay on program, or harder?

Angela, any good news yet?

I've got a hair appointment today and I'm quite happy about it. My hair is not styling the way I'd like it to and I think it might be all the new BP medicine. I'm off to do my banking and surf. I'll be back later to check on all of you.
  • Thanks for the new pages, Frouf.

Denise. I hope you like it here.

Today is just another work day, unfortunately. But, this week is not as gruesome as last week. Thank goodness, it's a shorter week also.

I've said that I will cook Easter dinner for DH and two of our friends. It is not going to be Core, because it's one meal that I insist stay within the family tradition. That includes a lot of Southern specialities..but, nothing fried this time!

Other than that planned splurge, I'm doing fairly OK with cutting back on food and adding walking. It will pay dividends soon, I'm sure.

I am cutting back on the Home Depot plans to try to make a silk purse out of my sow's ear kitchen. Space cannot be created out of no space, no matter how much money is spent. But, I am getting a new stove, sink, countertops and an additional base cabinet. The frills will have to be added by the next owner.

That's all from here, now. Have a great day, all

Rhonda
  • Oh my goodness. I just wrote a HUGE post and lost it. I could just cry!
  • Wow, let me see if I can recap really quickly. I'm out of time now.
    I was apologizing for being gone so much and promising I would try to post more often.
    I haven't heard anything from the interview yet, I should this week or next regarding a second interview. I have very high hopes.
    Pampered Chef is going well but very busy. I'm trying to coordinate a Help Whip Cancer fundraiser in May. We'll be selling pink products and $1 of each will go to American Cancer Society. Also 25% of the profit will go to ACS. So I'm trying to coordinate that as well as regular shows.
    Things are going pretty well with WW. I'm enjoying the meetings, especially since I have a friend going with me. I'm hoping to convert her to core for the summertime.
    Well that is a much, much shorter version. The other one was so nicely written...but that's the way it goes. I hope that mistake was not the first of a clutzy day!
    I hope that you all have a wonderful op day!
  • hi there, chickies. we're starting to recover from the long flight and all. i spent bookoos of $$ at the grocery store today and am loaded with ww friendly goodies. i tried a new dish for lunch. have ya'll ever wilted salad in a pasta dish? this is new to me but is probably something you've all done for ages. i got the recipe off the fettuccini package. it's wonderful.

i'm back op as of this am. i stepped on the iron monster and was up 5 lbs. i'll go change my tracker in a bit. i have a challenge going with a gf from south carolina. we're seeing who will lose 5 lbs quicker. no prizes/no penalties--just a race. i'm also going to get back into frouf's challenge. guess i'll try to have those 5 off by april 15.

vickie, i'm going to ww this fri am. i hope we get free goodies.

patti, you are amazing, woman!! i know you're proud of what you're doing. i bought some red wine and some 100% grape juice today. the juice is in case i don't like the wine. i'm normally a white or blush woman. red is usually too heavy for me.

frouf, i have never had matso. is it a dumpling? (see i know nothing)

rhonda, what time is dinner easter? fried!!! i'm drooling. you're wise not to do too much with the kitchen. sounds like you're still doing quite a bit. i heard that kitchens are what sell homes. have you heard that?

melissa, pod!!! howdy do, ma'm. it's good to see you here. i'm glad you're enjoying your meetings. it's good to have someone going with you. i have fingers crossed for you to get that job.

denise. we'll be watching for your tracker to move down. did you post on the coreprofiles thread? we'd like to get to know you better.

i'm off here now to go work in the yard. i need to burn some fat. have a good day, all.
  • Thanks Sandra,,,,I found a 100 percent grape juice with no sugar added here in our little store. I was so happy. Its pretty high in calories so I limit myself to about 3 oz a day. I dont like wine period!! Gives me a headache.

Today is a much better eating day..and Ive lost one of those pounds. 4 more to go.

Melissa you know we are always here no matter when you pop in! Just keep popping in...we miss you.

Vickie you will get into that spring jacket again. I know it.
    Welcome Denise!!

Rhonda I was thinking of what to serve for Easter as well..dh is working till monday. Im thinking of doing a low fat lasagne..we havent had that in ages. It would be a treat. Nothing fried here either.

We are expecting a HUGE snowstorm tonight...24 cm of snow......blech...it wont last too long hopefully! If you dont hear from me tomorrow..Ill be shovelling haha
  • Hey Chicks! The Cardiologist took me off of the offending drug and told me to call him next Monday if I don't have any relief. I had my hair done and feel good about that. I cooked dinner and now I'm going to go hang out with Honey Lamb. I'll be back in the morning. I'm sure we'll be in bed early since there was no nap today and we both woke up so early.

I hope you all had great on program days. I did!
  • Hello ladies. With all this talk about passover it's making my mouth water!
    I've been so good I have to give myself a pat on the back. I still live at home with my mom and dad so I normaly just eat what mom makes for dinner and don't really think abou the whole WW thing, but then mom is normaly fairly good about asking what I can and can't eat. However for the past two weeks she has made lots of stuff that isn't core so if she makes something that is not core I make my own dinner and don't eat what they have. I've managed to stay away from the cookies and chips and peanuts and all those other goodies that my mother buys for my brother and them to snack on. Turst me it's not easy but I've done it!!!
    I was able to make it to they gym yesterday. I did 30 min on the treadmill and then another 30 min on the eliptical. Boy was I tired by the end of that workout. Was going to head to the gym again today but got to work and lucky me I got to sand celiengs all day so I gave up on the idea of the gym. I will take my dog for a walk tonight though. I have some movies that have to be back.
    I have to tell you I'm really jelouse of you ladies that live in the US cuz you get soooo much more WW food out there than we do. We only have the choice of 3 kinds of bars (peanut, chocolate, and carmel) and fruties at WW meetings. Our stores carry the bread and the carrot and chocolate snack cakes and that's it. I'm crossing my fingers that soon our stores out here will start to carry more of the WW food, and that our meetings will have more choices for us. Like the WW smoothies would be a nice touch. But then again I might only be dreaming.
    Anyway I've got to have my shower and get ready for dinner. Then it's walk time.
    Hope everyone has a goodnight!!
  • I'm just stopping in to say good night. It is 8:30, and I just got home. I didn't sleep well last night, or for very long.

But, I had a very good day. I met with the advisory committee of the program that I will be taking over in July and it all felt just right.

Kudos to you Sandra for getting right back OP. I'm not approaching the scale because I'm sure it went up. But, I think it's going back down. I'll give myself another week and see what the "iron monster" as you called it has to say. I won't be surprised if it's up, but it will go back down. I'm walking everywhere.

BTW, Sandra, wilted salad is not new. It's just that we would think it should just be thrown out 'cause it got spoiled in the summer heat!

Patti, no snow here, but lots of rain.

Vickie, I really hope you do OK without the medication. Those headaches are not good.

Melissa, I got my fingers crossed for you

Rhonda
  • Evening Everyone
    I havent gotten to read the post. So will have to do that later.
    Just wanted to check in.
    I hope everyone has had a great day.
    Well I guess it is going to start cooling down here. May have some thunderstorms later tonight. And then the temp is suppose to start dropping tomorrow. And then the rest of the week. Chance of snow flurries. YUCK!! Well I guess it is our Easter snow.
    Well I am going to get off here for now.
    Then eating was the pits today. Have ate anything and everything I could get my hands on today.
    So will have to be good now. Need to go and get some fruit and veggies. Will do that tomorrow.
    Have a great evening everyone.
    coco
  • Thank you!
    Hi again,

Ontarget, Vickie, p.a. and Tejas--thank you so much for making me feel welcome!!! I honestly had thought that "Oh, these women all know each other and have been talking back and forth for a long time--no place for me, the new unknown." So when I saw that you all had responded and welcomed me, it made me feel good about humanity!

I don't know how to get to other threads, or the coreprofile thread. I'm kind of new to this. Any suggestions?

Briefly, I am not new to Weight Watchers, though. I lost 25 pounds last summer (I actually lost 20 pounds in 2 months!) and am back on it again, as of last Sunday. I want to take off 20 again, which will get me to what I consider to be my ideal weight. I'm a bit freaked out about thinking that I will actually get down to my "ideal"! But I know that when I do put my mind to it I do it, which was the case last summer. And I'm finally in that spot again. I'm down 2 pounds already since Sunday (I tell people that it's simply from lack of food in my body, now )! Because, don't think that I didn't have quite a bit to eat, the day before I started!

Thanks again for making me feel welcome. You seem like a great group!

Denise
  • Good Morning Chicks! It's FREEZING here. It went from being 70 yesterday to a high of 39 today and windy. What new in Chicagoland? I'm still not feeling well. Overdue TOM and the darned throat thing. I guess I'll just have to be patient. I won't be doing much today except for cooking dinner since I just feel crummy.

I caught a look at myself in the mirror at the beauty salon yesterday and it wasn't a pretty site. It did increase my resolve though. That's a good thing even though it did depress me quite a bit.

I'm going to go catch up with all of you now.