April Exercise -Shorts weather is coming. Are you ready?

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Posting late, but here!

I did not get any tm time in today, but plan to during one of the shows I watch tonite...Jericho or Lost. Probably Jericho, it's on earlier! LOL I did walk at the mall quite a bit today though, so it guess that unofficially counts. LOL No trying on or buying for me though. It was a trip for the boys and they got stuff! Yesterday, I actually got outside for a walk and with the time I put in in the morning, I got 60 min walking and some floor work. So exercise wise, it was a very good day for me.

Jenn, I am sorry your machine is acting up for you. Tech support around here is just push this button and see if it makes it better! Not too savvy when it comes to computers...dh is a bit better than myself though! Hope it mends for you soon.

Linda, I didn't get to go to the bookstore today, but it is on my list for sometime this week. Thanks again. Glad that tummy is mending and I am impressed (well, not really, you are LINDA) that you are doing so well with working out...but then again, that is why you have been successful at weight loss.

Amy, good job getting a workout in despite not wanting to. A pedicure is the most wonderful thing I think we can give ourselves...LOL The girl that does my feet says it is a "neccessity" LOL Well, I don't know about that, but I like getting all that rough callused crap off my feet. Go for the french manicure on your toes, it looks so nice and clean and wears wonderfully.

Lwyr, OMG do not eat the whole box of those bars!!!!! LOL or you will be making more music than dh will care to hear! I can only do one at a time...or my system talks back to me big time! LOL Hope you feel more mentally rested soon. I agree, mental tiredness is often more taxing than the physical stuff.

Ok, dh just got home, so I am going to go tell him about my day, and listen about his!
  • Ok- I made ME my priority tonight, and did the 3 mile WATP w/ ab belt first, before dealing with any computer issues. 45 mins from tonight, plus 35 from last night = 80 for this week. I'll be sure to get a longer workout in tomorrow night, and then I still have the weekend, which is a good thing.

Hopefully things will be less rushed later in the week...but for tonight, it is back to the salt mines for me. Miss you all, and miss being able to check in for longer. Soon, though!
  • Good Morning Chicks!
    Hope everyone is well this Thursday morning. I'm doing great, although I didn't make it to the gym last night. I don't feel too badly about it though - I went and did 60 mins on Monday and Tuesday and will be going again tonight, so I was happy taking the night off.

DH doesn't have work today either as all his patients are discharged from the unit, so I might take off early today to get our wknd started even earlier than planned.

Eating has been great all week, but it's going to be a tough wknd on the diet going out of town and all. Half of the wknd we'll be fed by the hotel (i.e. banquets/cocktail hours the hospital has planned) and the rest of the weekend I'm sure we'll go out for some yummy blue crab crabcakes n lobster. Can't go to a yachting village on the Chesapeake and not sample their specialities!

Anyway, I doubt I'll get back here before Sunday or Monday so I just wanted to say "Have a HAPPY Wknd ladies!" Enjoy and make yourselves a priority! Much Love.
  • renee-it sounds like things are going better with dh. i am glad, it's hard to focus on other things when you are worried about marriage stuff. great job on the exercise! i am so proud of you, pretty soon you will have to go buy stuff for yourself at the mall! also thanks for tip on the pedicure, i will have to try that.

jenn--i am glad you got your time in before surrendering to help dh. i know he's important but so are you, keep up the great work!

Linda--what can i say, you are my hero! i am glad you are starting to feel like your old self again.

Lwry--enjoy your weekend. i know, like you need to be told that! i know you will have a great time, when you get back, tell us all about it. you know i live vicarously through you. you are always doing something fun and new!

my report for yesterday...only got in 45 of cardio and 45 of strength. today my plan is for an hour and 45 of cardio and an hour of pilates. i know that sounds like alot but i have to make up for yesterday. my mom called, she keeps ds for me while i work, ds was having a real rough day so i promised i would pick him up early so i didn;t have as much time to work out, but at least i did get some time in.
    i am coming down with a cold so i am not sure how well the rest of my week will be. i am planning on pushing past the crud and still working just as hard, just don't know if my body will let me push too hard. sometimes it has a mind of its own and i have to listen to it. we'll see, i am hoping it will not be too bad since i have been doing all the healthy stuff, including my vitamins everyday. well i will be back later to let you know how it all goes....have a great day ladies...amy
  • Hello cyberfriends!

It is a crummy, cold and wet day here, but no snow...and a day in April without snow is a good day in my books! LOL I was at a loss for dinner tonite...and had so many great suggestions in my journal comments today...but I settled for defrosting some leftover chili I had frozen in the freezer. I pump it full of veggies (zucchini, red pepper, onion, carrots, tomatoes) and the usual beans and ground sirlion...it was good. Lately, I have just been in this what to make dinner slump. Yes, Lwyr, I agree with your dad about how much easier (and cheaper, for goodness sakes) it would be if we only needed to deal with eating 3 times a month instead of 3 times a day! LOL We also had a tiny watermelon that ds insisted I buy at the store the other day...it was from Guatamala or something like that. It was a tastey little guy though.

My exercise today will be tm time when I am finished here on the net....I ordered ds his first cell phone the other day and spent the day getting it all activated for him. He is going to be playing intramural basketball when school gets back in session, and will need to be picked up before 4pm on days he has to play, and with all the other carting around I do for the kids, I thought it may come in handy for him to have it in case of emergency. I know, I know...what did we do precellphone? LOL I ask myself that all the time.

Amy, great job, again, getting that workout in. I hope the cold passes you by and your little guy feels better soon. Vitamins. That is something I need to do. I just can't seem to be able to swallow those monster sized pills. I wish they made them smaller.

Lwyr, enjoy the weekend plans! As I said before, I will be thinking of you this weekend!

Jenn, I am glad you found some YOU time! Sometimes you just need to make yourself a priority...but so much easier said than done...I know!

have a good nite ladies! I will be off to the treadmill!
  • Good morning ladies hope everyone had a good nights sleep last night.
    renee y our dinner sounded yummy, we had chili too. but i made the quick fix kind, ground beef and a couple of cans of ranch style beans...yum-o. well it wasn't great but it was ok and it was fast. on the nights i have pilates it is after 7 when i get home so need something quick and easy.
    so exercise yesterday was and hour and 45 min of cardio, mostly tm but i did do 20 min of elliptical. and of course the pilates class. two of the seven pounds i lost have been found but i keep telling myself it's because of TOM. but TOM hasn't come yet so i guess i just gained back those two pounds. it's ok though i am still at a 5 pound loss, and i amstill moving my body so i am ok. the scales don't tell everything. i know i am becoming stronger and healthier even if the scale doesn't budge. of course a little budge would be nice
    well enough of this rambling and time to get to work.
    talk to everyone again soon...amy
  • Happy Friday Everyone!

Just got back from an awesome walk outside. The winds this morning were very strong, but died down a bit by the afternoon. It is a brilliantly sunny day out, so after lunch, I grabbed smallest ds and we headed for the park behind our house. It is a nice park, with a lake, and a walking trail. Three times around the lake is a bit over a mile. We walked through the neighborhood to the park and around the lake and then took the long way home. Our walk took about an hour. It was nice. I wish that we had more nice days around here so that I could take advantage of this amenity more often. Oh well, nicer days are coming I am sure. So that is my exercsie for the day. My left knee has been acting up a bit, so I didn't push it too fast with the walk....but I was walking fast enough to warm enough to shed my jacket half way through.

Amy, you have been working so hard, I am sure that the 2 pounds that found their way back, will go again...but maybe it is because you are putting on some muscle. That is good too.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend and gets to do all the things you are planning on, gets some sort of movement in, and sticks to the plan food wise!
  • well ladies i got in an hour and 15minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of weights. dh will watch ds in the morning so i can workout and take my tae kwon sculpt class in the morning. he has become very supportive and helpful about my workingout. now my mom is another story. she keeps ds while i work and she agrreed to keep him late for the month while i am in this contest. well tonight she told me that she couldn't do it anymore. at first i just thought i would get mike to take nolan over to her house when they got up and i could workout before i went to work. then i remembered that mike is going out of town for most of the week on business. so now i guess i am just going to forfeit the competition. which is fine, whatever, but i am finally in a good place exercise wise and i don't know how to stay there.
    thanks everyone for listening to me whine and gripe. i will let you know if i can come up with a solution. i am just mad at my mom becasue it's only two more weeks, she should be able to suck it up until then.
  • Happy Saturday morning!

It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day outside, but I am first starting it off with some ME time and getting sweaty.

First off- my 80 minutes, plus 60 minutes from walking on Thursday, + 50 minutes from the 4 mile Walk Slim last night = 190 minutes. This morning, I am putting in the 5 mile walk, and we'll see how far I get. I'll easily get to 200, and then the 230 to keep my commitment to bump it up.

Renee, can you believe 4 weeks is over already? Think we can handle another challenge?
  • updating....190 + 60 from today = 250. And still working on more food prep. 64 meatballs in sauce still on the stove, simmering. Got to finish that up tonight.

Have a great Sunday, ladies!
  • just wanted to let everyone know that i talked to my mom again and she has agreed to keep ds late until competition is over. i told her that was fine b/c once it was over i could workout at home to a tape. i have tons, no chance of boredom. i still prefer to be at the gym but that's ok, a workout is a workout. i just need her help til the contest is over.
    anyway,i was going to take a class on saturday but the cold finally did me in and i spent the whole day in bed, sunday i felt better but TOM finally decided to show his ugly head so i am dealing with that mess now. but i know that exercise helps with the cramps so i am prepared for him this month.
    i will be back later to check on everyone and let everyone know how exercise went today. my plan for today is an hour and 45 of cardio and 45 of weights.
    amy
  • Challenge?
    Hey Ladies!!

Been a while since I posted here so I thought I'd drop in and say hello! I'm happy to report that for the past month, I met the challenge every week! I think a couple of weeks I had to include weights to make my 200 minutes but all in all I got about 200-300 mins of exercise every week.

So, again, THANK YOU for starting the challenge! It's been a wonderful month and I finally feel like I'm back into exercising - I'd been in a funk since the Holidays!

I dunno if we're continuing the challenge, or modifying it in any way, but I just got back from the gym where I did 60 mins of cardio. I was really unsure about if I would make it or not, because I'm pretty pooped from the weekend - but my car has a mind of its own and it just drove me there.

Anyway, hope your weeks are starting off happy! I'm off to make dinner and watch some t.v. Much Love.
  • Morning! Not sure where things are going from here now that 4 weeks are over, but I'm happy to report my 45 minutes / 3 miles from last night. Weekend was busy, yesterday was hectic here at work, and today looks like a repeat performance. I fell asleep at 10pm last night, didn't move until almost 3am when I had to pee, and then went back to bed until 5:30. I was beat!

Tonight- at least another 3 miles / 45 mins, and then I have a family room to dust, and sweeping and mopping of all the tile to do. And then, I'm sitting down to watch House if I can keep my eyes open long enough.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • good morning ladies. came in last night and tried to report but i had some problems with my comp. i think it may have been user error. my brain was not working properly last night.
    anyway i didn't get in my hour and 45 min of cardio, only an hour and 15 and of course my 45 min weights. tonight is pilates and i am aiming for an hour and 45 of cardio, got to get my points up you know!
    lwry-glad your trip was fun and that your car knows you need to hit the gym! i am sure it will drive you there today also, so try to enjoy your workout and let us know how it went.
    well i have to go now but will be back later to report, also, i think this challenge was a success and we need another one. i do better when i have a specific goal and soemone to tell it to.
    have a great day chickies...amy
  • Erk, just sneaking back in this thread. Last week was a total bust for me - just one run and a yoga class. Too much PMS and Easter candy.

But hey, it's a new week, right? So I got in 35 minutes strength training last night and am going to do a cardio video when I get home.

I'm in awe of all of you for keeping to the challenge! (jumps back on horse )