Not a Diet Delivery.....but have you heard of this?

• I just got an email from a new place called Dream Dinners. Has anyone heard of this or used it? It started in Washington and I see there are franchises all over but I'd never heard of them. Somewhere on the site they showed nutritional information and it sounded fairly low cal, low fat, etc.

So if you've used them, was the food good? Was the price reasonable for what you get (they said about $3 per serving)? Do you feel that it was a good time saver? Did you have trouble freezing everything that you prepared?

Thanks for any feedback!!!
  • There are a lot of those services popping up all over the country, under different names. I think they sound interesting, but I would never use one. I enjoy the process of cooking. Either I want the pleasure of choosing my own ingredients and chopping, etc, or I want to be served something already made. But that's just me I think they have become really popular!

I'm not sure, but I think all of those places create recipes for batches that serve 4/6/8 etc. If any of them offered single serving recipes/containers, then I could see a benefit from that. Create your own diet frozen dinners
  • Quote: There are a lot of those services popping up all over the country, under different names. I think they sound interesting, but I would never use one. I enjoy the process of cooking. Either I want the pleasure of choosing my own ingredients and chopping, etc, or I want to be served something already made. But that's just me I think they have become really popular!

I'm not sure, but I think all of those places create recipes for batches that serve 4/6/8 etc. If any of them offered single serving recipes/containers, then I could see a benefit from that. Create your own diet frozen dinners

I was telling DH about it last night and I agree.....I LOVE cooking! And I agree that single serve would be better. This place gives you only 2 options, 3 servings or 6. What am I to do? We're a family of 4 and I don't like to deal with leftovers! Well, some leftovers are fine--but we like salads for lunch and having only 2 servings of leftovers wouldn't feed everyone the next night. I think having 6 servings would be too tempting to cause overeating at the original sitting.

I guess if I get invited to a group event, I might give it a try. Otherwise, no.