LA Lites - equal what??????

• I missed an LA Lite today (on my DAY ONE)... and I realized NOW when I journaled my foods that i had one too many starches. (gee, I'm not off to a great start sigh....)

can someone tell me what an LA Lite Bar equals? protein, starch??? thanks!!
  • Janeen, an LA Lite counts as an LA Lite. You get 2 LA Lites a day. I wouldn't worry too much about overdoing the starch (its hard to give up trust me) but just keep going OP tomorrow. It might be easier if you journal your food before or just after you eat it that way you keep a closer track of what you're eating.

Hope that helps!
  • Everybody makes mistakes.. Don't fret over it at this point.. If it becomes a habit, however, you have to refocus..

Early on in the program, it's hard to remember all the little things without constant consultation in your menu book. That's why it's important to journal things before or right after your meals.

When we first decided to start the program, I was under the impression (before we got the menu guides) that it was heavy on the proteins so I went out and bought a big thing of sausage and a big thing of bacon.. Imagine my horror when I realized that both are definetely not on plan..

So now I have a package of precooked sausage patties in the freezer.. Not sure what we did with the bacon, but I think we probably cooked it up for the kiddos..
  • I actually plan my meals for the week and then I eat and pack my lunch based on what I've already planned. That way I know I'm eating getting everything in the correct amounts. You may want to try planning, at least a day at a time, until you get more comfortable with the plan.
  • Thanks Dan, Biz, and Chick... I have done other diets before and ALWAYS journaled... but never never planned... hmmmm this is telling me, MAYBE thats part of the reason why I didn't get the results I wanted... I will try more to plan...

thanks!!! love hearing from you!!