Things we won't miss...

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • I will not miss dreading running into someone I haven't seen in a long time.
  • I won't miss feeling embarrassed eating in public.
    I won't miss looking for the big girls department shopping for clothes.
    I won't miss buying men's size vests or sweat shirts.
    I won't miss the extension insert in the aircraft seat belt.
    I won't miss squeezing in behind the wheel of the car.
    I won't miss hanging over the sides of my office chair.
    I won't miss not being able to cut my toenails.
    1 won't miss not being able to tie my laces.
    I won't miss crying and feeling inadequate and sad.
  • I won't miss dreading having my picture taken and absolutely hating how I look every single time!
  • I WON'T MISS GETTING BACK TO STARTING WEIGHT EVERY DAMN TIME. *crying*
  • I won't miss staring at all my pretty clothes that used to fit.
    I won't miss my mother telling me that I'm too fat.
    I won't miss the little "wobble" my hips and bum do when I walk around my apartment naked.
    I won't miss looking awful in photographs unless I angle my face just right.
    I won't miss being the least popular one in my workplace because I'm ugly.
    I won't miss day dreaming about a time when I won't be fat anymore.
    I won't miss the skeptical looks I get in the gym locker room from all the pretty girls in their tiny lycra outfits.
    I won't miss my fiance's brother saying "you don't work out/walk that much" whenever I mention exercise.
    I won't miss having to pass up nice jeans because my *** is too big.
  • I won't miss feeling like the defective one in my family.
    I won't miss feeling like everyone's second/third/eighteenth choice as a date.
    I won't miss finding yet another stinking stretch mark.
    I won't miss being too ashamed of myself to go to the beach.
    I won't miss realizing that my fat pants are tight.
    I won't miss feeling disgusted with myself all the time.
    I won't miss feeling like a failure because I've lost weight before and it's never stuck.
    I won't miss realizing that my ONE pair of jeans that fit is wearing out in the thigh area because they rub together so much (TODAY. *shame*)
    I won't miss being too afraid to go clothes shopping because I feel judged.
    I won't miss being self-conscious any time I eat more than a bite of something.
    I won't miss being self-conscious at the gym because I'm the only fat girl.
    I won't miss not being able to shave my legs sitting in the bath because my thighs fill the width of the bath and I can't get to everything.
    I won't miss feeling like I don't deserve to go out in public, subjecting people to looking at me.
    I won't miss hating myself every minute of every day because I feel like I'm a worthless, disgusting human being.
  • I won't miss buying this size.

• I won't miss my thighs rubbing together!
  • Quote: I won't miss my thighs rubbing together!
    Hear, hear! I detest that thigh-rubbing sensation!

This may sound ridiculous, but..

I won't miss people asking me "have you lost weight?" in that patronising tone when I obviously HAVEN'T lost weight.
    I won't miss other people being obsessed with my weight in general.
    I won't miss passing all the beautiful lingerie in the shops because I need something that supports me better (read: grandma underwear).
    I won't miss having to explain that I can't wear a certain brand because they don't make my size.
    I won't miss always being ignored when I am with a friend because I am clearly "the ugly one".
    I won't miss.. back fat. It's the worst.
    I won't miss bumping into things because I've underestimated the width of my hips!
  • My turn...I won't miss...
    Having to buy TWO seats on an airplane
    Having to go sideways through a turnstile
    Having my stomach touch the steering wheel when I drive
    Having strangers think they know me because "I Look Just Like Their Friend" (do all Fat people with dark hair look alike?)
  • I won't miss having to buy clothing in the adult section of the department store instead of the juniors.

I won't miss feeling like the health burden in my family.

I won't miss having to feeling like there is nothing I can do about my body
  • I won't miss . . .

Praying that I can squeeze between the itty-bitty NYC tables without knocking something off with my behind.

Also praying that I can sit in the booth without my chest sitting on the tabletop.

Feeling like I have to testify to my daily physical activity before I eat anything when out with friends.

The way the girl at the front desk of the gym ignores me when I walk in.

Ignoring the elephant in the room during sensitive conversations. . . and realizing that people think the elephant is me.
  • I won't miss shopping at the plus-size section at H&M
    I won't miss shopping in the maternity section at H&M (and I am NOT pregnant)
    I won't miss having to wear leggings with skirts due to chafing (blessed be leggings with everything are so popular right now)
    I won't miss being worried walking down quiet hallways that the swishy-swash sounds of my chafing thighs will be heard
    I won't miss catching a glimpse of myself mirrored in glass doors etc and feeling utterly horrible because it doesn't match what I feel like
    I won't miss cutting out the labels from clothes so my husband won't know my size.
    I won't miss the tears and frustration after a day's shopping
    I won't miss displacing an inordinate amount of water in the tub
    I won't miss missing out on every summer activity because I am ashamed =(
    I won't miss not going to parties/meeting new people/going out period
    I won't miss not feeling sexy
    I won't miss having to shop online

yup. i won't miss a gosh-durn thing!
  • I won't miss struggling to find good quality large woman clothes
    I won't miss wondering how much my weight bothers my man
    I won't miss looking at pictures and thinking, but I don't feel that big!!!
    I won't miss looking at pictures to find I didn't look half as good in that outfit as I thought I did.
  • I won't miss my thighs rubbing or wearing out the thighs in pants.
    I won't miss people assuming my weight is because of a bad diet and laziness.
    I won't miss double digit jeans
    I won't miss double/triple letter clothing
    I won't miss my BMI being obese or it being consider over weight
    I won't miss hiding under shorts and a tanks at the beach
    I won't miss wondering if it's really that he has no feelings or it's my weight (and boy he won't like my reaction if it is because of my weight!)