300+ and Ready To Try Again... #102

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
    We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
    We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
    Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
    Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
    Thursday......Thankful Thursday
    Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
    Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
    Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
  • Happy Halloween
    SYN Welcome home... you have been missed terribly. I am glad you had such a nice trip. I have been to Tenn and it is beautiful there. I like the idea of living in the boonies.... but I definitely am not willing to live without my extras either. LOL
    Those symptoms definitely sound serious. Be sure to get yourself to the doctor again. You may need medication until you get back to normal again. Just because you start the medicines doesnt mean you will have to stay on them. WE ALL are playing russian roulette with our health when we don't eat sensibly or get enough exercise. YOU CAN DO THIS SYN. You have done it before and you can do it again. Heck... look at me.... I have failed more times than I can count... but I am doing it today. SO CAN YOU.

Bren... good to see you again. Just work on progress.... don't worry about doing this perfectly. With each little victory you have, it will inspire you to do just a little bit more the next time. I know it sounds concieted... but pat yourself on the back for walking and any small accomplishment you have. Be your own best cheerleader. Take PRIDE in those accomplishments !!!!!

Michelle... heck... now I have forgotten what you wrote.
    I can't scroll down and peek at everyones post. Gee... I hate that my memory is the first thing to go on me.

LOL... I don't even remember who else posted.
    Well... I guess I will close then. I am going to my son's home tonight to see the baby all dressed up for Halloween. She is sooooo sweet .... she is going to be a butterfly.

I don't remember Thinthinker posting....hmmmm....YOU BETTER NOT BE IN THOSE REECES !!!!!! LOL LOL

I hope this picture is not too big for here. It is a picture of us.... The Kick Butt Gang.
  • Hey everyone

I'm wondering if I can join in the kick butt gang from crutches! What a cute picture, 2cute!

Thought I'd better check in with you all. I'm so bummed about not being able to leave the house on my own or even get to the door for trick or treaters. But I am happy to be able to sit at the computer again without too much trouble or pain. Silver linings are what you make of them, right? I was even thinking today how grateful I am to have lost some of my weight. This would be so much harder 20+ pounds heavier.

Do any of you know names of videos showing exercises from a seated position? I'm afraid it is going to be a good while before I can attempt a real walk, and the lack of activity is about to drive me insane.

Here's hoping you are all having great fun this evening. Thanks so much for the well wishes. It has been so much fun catching up on all the posts and seeing you all doing so well. Now I have a date with the couch and a book or something boring on tv... In other words, my knee is letting me know my time at the computer is done now. Blah, blah, I'm sooooo bored of sitting around!

Andria
  • I did it !!!! I did it !!!!1
    I handed out candy and did not eat any. I went to my son's home and did not eat any candy there either. They had pizza and I ate at home before I went there. I did sooooo GOOD tonight.

Now for the HARD part. The dreaded "leftovers".
    I never know how much candy to buy. I know the correct thing to do is give it away.... to anyone. Teachers could use it for prizes, churches for treats, the homeless for desserts....to name only a few. I know that in my brain.... but my heart wants to keep it. It is instilled in me... born into my psyche. I want to freeze it and save it for when my grandkids come over... (make a few brownie points with them. LOL) That is a good idea... IF ... and only if... I can stay AWAY from it. I don't want to play Russian Roulette with this. MY RECOVERY is MORE IMPORTANT than even making brownie points with grandkids. I will be a better grandma thinner and non-obcessed. Tonight I feel strong and know I can leave it alone. If I feel for one second that I may be getting tempted....OUT IT GOES. This is when I have to be HONEST with myself.

I found this picture on another thread and had to share it with all of you. It is a good likeness of me.... LOL
  • Hi everyone,

Halloween was a success. Everyone loved my face makeup. I took a picture so hopefully if it comes out, I'll post it. I made up my face with lavender face paint and painted a black nose, eyes, whiskers, etc. And brushed lavender glitter on my face. I wore a purple animal print shirt that matches my blinking cat ears. It was fun and horrifying too. The face makeup is water based and it was drying out my face. My face started to crack and all wrinkles were emphasized. My customers loved it. The children too.

After work I went to the Walmart grand opening. The prices were pretty high in relation to other stores in the area. I think they price shopped. Which means in Hawaii, the prices are sky high due to what seems is price fixing. I bought many things I didn't need. But I did stock up on my very favorite brand of nail polish, Pure Ice.

Today is my last day of junkfood. Tomorrow is the first day of November and my birthday is approaching. I need to go cold turkey once again. My new goals are drink water, small veggies @ lunch, salad for dinner. Wish me luck with the veggies.

One step at a time,

Malia
  • Rise and shine !!!!
    Rise and shine ladies. It is a new day, a new month, and a great time for a new beginning.

If you gave in to those candy and sugar urges last night.... SO WHAT. It is a new day. Start a new beginning.
    I don't care if it was just one piece or the entire bag... it doesn't matter....that is in the past now.
    Don't make another mistake by hating yourself and not forgiving yourself.
    Wipe the chocolate off your face, brush the taffy off your teeth, and go take the rest of the candy that you have hid and throw it away. You are worth more than the cost of a bag of candy.

It is a new day, a new month, and a great time for a new beginning.
  • Good morning!!
    I had fun last night taking my son out trick or treating...it was his first. He was a lion cub! Soooo cute! I don't get much candy because we don't get that many kids...but yes...we do still have some left over. The reeses cups will be gone by tonight because JOhn loves them. The kit kats will eventually go or I will bring them to the office. They will be gone in one day! They are vulchers here when it comes to chocolate! I'm not a big candy eater so hopefully I won't be picking in the bowl! I did have one of those baby boxes of dots...I love those...but he only got one so that was it for me!

2Cute...if you freeze the candy and find yourself in it...just count the points...if you can't do that then by all means get RID of it! Yes you and everyone of us is worth more than the price of a bag of candy!! I am so glad to see you still motivated! It keeps up the spirit here! And...it makes me stronger!

I can't post to all individually this time...boss is calling my name...I try to ignore her but then she starts paging me! LOL Ugh.... I will check back in later with you all....have a great day...a brand new fresh start for NOvember!!

MIchelle
  • Me again.... :)
    I just got back from doing my swimming. I am very happy with the level of workout I am doing lately. I am adding more "power surge" within my workout. That is when you take 15-60 seconds and work as fast and as hard as you can. It is to raise your metabalism ...yet at the same time, not kill you. LOL LOL. Of course *my* power surge wouldn't work up a sweat on a normal person. LOL. But it is great for me and I am pleased with my progress. When I first started I could only do them for 15 seconds.... now I am doing them for an entire minute.

I am going to Missouri to see my parents this afternoon so this will probably be the last you will hear from me until late Friday night. I am staying overnight this time. My mom is holding her own. They are taking a wait and see approach with her.

I hope to come back and find lots of posts to read. Everyone ...take a minute and touch base with us here. I miss those who are missing... and I just can't get enough of the rest of you.

Have a great weekend. I am looking forward to this visit. Today is ONE MONTH I have been back on program. I can get my official weight loss for the month of Oct. Wish me luck.
  • Hey everyone

This has been such a nice day! I'm feeling on top of the world. My knee is healing enough now it feels like there is real hope for a decent recovery. I wrote a pretty good essay and submitted it to our local paper. They are looking for 20 people to write editorial columns. It felt good to do something I'm normally shy about. I also found out I won the monthly drawing for DietPower! The winner receives a $50 gift certificate to spend in their health shop. Wahoo, huh! I'm going to use mine towards buying a nice bathroom scale, hopefully one that works! My husband is even home tonight and made a nice dinner for all of us. This day is just being a good one.

For those of you who haven't heard of it before, www.dietpower.com is the product I've used most successfully to journal my food and exercise. There are also free sites out there. I think www.dietwatch.com is the name of a popular one?

Anyway, I'd better zip out of here and spend some time with my honey. Have a good evening everyone!

Andria
  • morning everyone

did ok yesterday, 2cute I think you are right in that I don't tend to recognise the little accomplishments that I achieve each day, managed more exercise and drank enough water to fill a small lake I am starting to feel better in myself and have noticed that even though the scales were not moving I have lost some inches on my thighs which is probably due to all the walking I have been doing.

off to take the kids to school
  • Hi everyone,

Happy weekend! All's quiet on our forum. I've done really well these past two days. Strictly ate fruits/veggies, water, and normal food. No junkfood, more importantly, no halloween candy. I feel really good. I haven't exercised. Need to start up again. I've learned an important lesson--a diet needs variety. My body is haywire today because of a dieting on the same foods. Hopefully I didn't do lasting damage. My work posted a picture of me in my costume. And I must say, I didn't look as bloated as usual. I haven't been losing pounds. But I think the odd jobs I'm doing around the house is doing some good. I hope this weekend is as productive and relaxing as the last.

Keep on moving,
    Malia
  • Good evening again. I am home. I had a great visit in Missouri and got a free dinner when I got home. Can't ask for more than that. LOL

Malia and Bren... you both mentioned that you haven't lost pounds but your bodies are thinner. I would rather weigh 300 and "look like" I weigh 200 , than weigh 200 and look like I weigh 300.
    Seriously.... I am a firm believer that my body either loses inches or pounds.... but never both at the same time.
    You are doing great. Take great gratification in any and all improvements.
    Gratitude brings on more to be grateful for.... complaining brings on more to complain about. The choice is ours.

Andria... it is so nice to see your spirits up again. Congrats on your win... $50... wow. I have often wondered how someone could write articles for a newspaper. How did you find out about it.?? I think I would like doing that too. I understand the fear that would come with it too.
    I am glad your knee is starting to show improvement. Hang in there. Don't you have Richards tapes? I think you asked about exercises to do sitting down. Just pull up a chair and do all the arm parts you can. I just make sure I am always moving or doing something. I use light weights too. It is amazing how hard you can workout.

Today is Fun Friday... I went out for a FREE dinner. Well... my husband's and mine was free... I had to pay for my daughters and her boyfriend's. We had a very nice evening together.
    I also had fun earlier today... I weighed and I have lost a couple more pounds. Can't have more fun than that. LOL
    I am so happy I am doing flips.!!!!!
  • This is not my post... it is Jen's from last thread.
    Hi everyone. I found a newcomer on our old post. I am moving it over here so we can all greet her properly when she finds us here. This is HER post ... not mine

lovemybabies

IP:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello 2Cute,

Thank you for replying! I was getting a bit worried that I may get lost in the shuffle. I just read about your mom , I hope all is well. I also almost over my "time of the month" so should be able to control my craving for chocolate. I just about ready to hop onto the treadmill before my "get ready for work nap." I have lose .5 lb since I was on last . I am really looking forward to getting and giving help.

Again thank you for repsonding it really was the cherry to the sundae that I did NOT have .

Jen
    218/210.5/140ish
  • You made my day Jen
    Hi Jen... Welcome to our group. We are a fun lot and we give great hugs when needed as well as hard kicks in the butt when those are needed too.

I had been waiting all day to have someone post in our page. I knew Michelle would be here...but alas.... no one.... so you were my cherry.

BREN.....
    Happy birthday to you.
    Happy birthday to you.
    Happy birthday dear Brennnnnnnnn
    Happy birthday to you.

I bet you thought we would forget. Well... actually I did. But I had a gentle reminder and here I am. How old are you now? Is there ANYONE here older than 50?

I had a pretty good day. I did not exercise... but I did make myself get out of the house. I think I have come to accept that I need a new Saturday goal. I just can't seem to exercise on the weekends.

My food was GREAT... until.... my hubby came home late from fishing and wanted me to cook for him. I ate again with him. It was probably within my program... but the bottom line is... I was NOT hungry and only ate because it was there. Grrr.

Well... have a great weekend ladies.
    And here is a birthday card for Bren.. sort of speaking.
  • Drat it! Caught me... you had to ask who was over 50 didn't ya 2cute? lol

I am over 50...57 to be exact...oh well...I guess I'd rather be over the hill than to be under it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bren.

Hello to all...

If I were to be honest I like this age...I enjoy being a grandma and not having to be chasing our own kids around from one event to another..and all the moves from summer jobs to college etc....it seemed that all we did for years and years was move kids from one place to another...that and work work work...

Now it is still work work work..but much more quiet when evenings and week ends come....

I am still struggling with the damn scales! Do you thinkit could be broke or perhaps my glasses need changing? NOT! The cold hard facts are that I have been out of control.

I think I need severe butt kicks! that and some kind of disapline regiment that I will stick to religiously...I have to figure out what that will be and follow the plan. I have been in such a funk for so long..got to get an attitude adjustment...

Anyone else procrastinating and making excuses for not staying OP? Just stop it right now and while you are busy kicking my butt know I am kicking yours!

This forum and all of you are an important part of my goal of recovering from my food addictions....Thank you all for the understanding and sharing you give.