Jenny Craig Members

You're on Page 3 of 32
Go to
  • Thanks for asking, Sunshine! I am doing fine. I am enjoying the diet itself because it is really easy to follow. I am trying to keep from getting impatient with the scales, because I am like that! But I have dug in my heels this time and I don't care if I only lose a little every week. I know that it will add up in the long run. I don't care how long it takes!!!!!!!!!! I am really sticking to plan.
  • I'm with you houseelf....I'm in it for the long haul and if I only lose ounces every week, I'm happy. Congratualtions for sticking to the plan!
  • Hi Everyone
    Hi, I just signed up with Jenny Craig today.... I'm hoping that I can be part of this group and get to know you all. I'm 23 from southern california, hoping to loose twenty or so lbs
  • Hello Fairyprences! Welcome! I am kind of new myself and have found everyone to be really motivational and supportive.

Is everyone doing okay this week? I have finally made my peace with getting on the scales, and actually am kind of enjoying watching them slooooowwwwwly inch down. My counselor did not call me for our last chat, but it was not an important date for anything. Hopefully I will hear from her this Friday, or I will have to call her.
  • Welcome Fairyprences...I think you'll love Jenny Craig...I know I do.

Houseelf...I know what you mean about watching the scale go down. Love it!

I just heard that Valerie Bertinelli has started Jenny Craig and has around 40 lbs to lose. I just caught the tail end of the story on tv but I hope they'll be doing commercials with her in them.
  • After looking at different groups and programs I have decided to give JC a try again. I lost my college weight for my wedding 12 years ago with JC. Now, after my 3rd child (3yrs after!) I have been frantically trying everything in sight to lose this weight. I have even tried JC twice in that time. But, after reading through other forums I think this is the most managable for my lifestyle. I do tend to get sick of the food after a while so I may just have to do some sensible meal on my own days here and there.

I went to pick up my food today and I am debating if I will start tomorrow or after Easter.

I am so excited to get this weight off!! I am not sure if my avatar is correct with my real weight today so that may have to be adjusted.

I saw the new posters with Valerie and Kristi at the center today. Very cool!
  • Hi Everyone,

I am new to this website and new to the JC world. I made an appointment to go in and speak to someone at the JC center down the street from my house for this coming Wednesday. I am really nervous and excited to join JC. My parents are on Nutrisystem and they love it, but to me all the food looked brown, so I decided to do my own program and decided that Jenny Craig worked the best for me.

Last year I turned 30 and decided to get myself healthy. Mentally, physically, and spiritually. So far I have been committed to the mentally, spiritually and physically active portion but the food part is still way out of control. If I am going to continue working out 4 days a week with a trainer, then I need to get some help with my eating. So here I am....

I have been reading the past posts you all have placed on here and I am super excited to be joining your community and can't wait to share my success and failures with you all. A girl needs support in times like this.

Here is to the scales moving down and the love of ourselves moving up!!
  • Well, I am officially starting today. I changed my ticker to reflect a slight weight gain probably from Easter and birthdays the last two weeks. I got my food on Friday. With a funeral Saturday and Easter Sunday I decided today would be the day for me. I live 45 minuetes from my closest center but that gives me an excuse to get into town and go shopping more often.

I hope everyone survived Easter. I have put my childrens baskets up high so they can pick just two things for the day rather that being in them every time I turn around! Plus out of sight, out of mind for me!
  • I had my first weigh in today, and it was sooo disapointing, I only lost two ounces... I was hoping for at least a lb....how long did it take for you all to start loosing weight on jc?
  • Starting JC (again) tomorrow!
    Hi!
    I'm so glad I found this thread! I've been on every diet you can name, including most recently WW and SBD. However, the one that seemed to work the best for me and my busy schedule is Jenny Craig. I'm a working mom of 2 toddlers, and I just celebrated my big 4-0! This year I have been making a lot of changes, but the one thing that has always been a struggle with me has been my relationship with food and exercise....love food, hate exercise...not a good combination for keeping the weight off!

Anyway, seeing Valerie Bertinelli on tv and in People this week just made something click in my head and I picked up the phone today to call my JC center. I have an appt tomorrow at lunch time and I've already gone online and picked out my meals for next week. I first joined JC about 3 years ago and lost almost 20 lbs (baby weight from my 1st child who was 2 at the time!) before becoming pregnant with my 2nd child. One thing I really loved about JC was the fact that I really didn't have to think about food prep too much. That let me focus on enjoying the food and other things. I tend to be the kind of person who can use planning as procrastination...I can plan something to death and never actually do it. When I was on WW, it was so hard to stay focused because I'd get overwhelmed with all of the planning that I needed to do.

I haven't gained all of the weight back, but I still would like to lose about 20 pounds.

Hope to share successes and tips as we do this together!
  • Welcome everyone! So glad to have more people to discuss Jenny Craig with!

Don't give up if your weight loss slows down a bit. It could just be water retention for some reason or maybe try boosting your exercise a bit. I know the closer I get to my goal, the slower the weight comes off.

I haven't seen any new commercials with Valerie yet but I'm looking forward to it. She's really cute!

My favorite thing about JC is having the food prepared and measured out also. I do not like coming home from work and having to prepare a whole dinner. It helps that Jenny's food tastes so good, too.
  • Hi Ladies,

So I officially joined Jenny Craig yesterday and boy was my head spinning when I left the center. I was there for almost 2 1/2 hours with the Center Director. I have decided not to start the program until Sunday. I need a few days to really read the materials and wrap my brain around how this all works. Plus I want to make sure I take my time grocery shopping and really get everything I am going to need for the week. I am super excited to start though!!

How has everyone's week been so far?
  • Well, beckstarla...how have your first few days gone? Do you love the food and the convenience? Keep us posted.

momof2gr8kids...how about you? Did you join?

How is everyone else doing?
  • Quote: Well, beckstarla...how have your first few days gone? Do you love the food and the convenience? Keep us posted.

momof2gr8kids...how about you? Did you join?

I re-joined on Thursday and started on Friday. My weight was a wee bit higher than when I stopped last time, but not too bad considering it's been 3+ years....although I have been up and down during that time.

I weighed in at 141.4 and have set my JC goal as 125...my personal goal is 120. So far so good on the plan. The food tastes better than I remember it. The only meal I haven't cared for so far is the thai lemongrass chicken. The beef chow mein is awesome, and I even liked the bean and ham soup...reminds me of campbell's bean with bacon without the salt. I had the walnut brownie last night and savored every bite! My all time favorite is the Sunshine sandwich....if they ever got rid of that I don't know what I'd do...it's a nice filling breakfast and I feel like I'm cheating whenever I eat it!

I also joined the gym down the street from my house. It's about 2 miles away and it's an all female gym...I think that helps me feel more comfortable going and eliminates that meat-market aspect of many of the elite gyms (at least here where I live it's that way). It's small but I kind of like that too...not so overwhelming. I think I'm going to start with the program they set up for me first and see how I do...cardio 3x minimum a week (treadmill most likely...no way I could hack the eliptical right now, but it looks fun!) and my strength training on their circuit equipment. I had my orientation on Friday. One of the exercises is hanging leg raises, and omg am I ever weak in my upper body. There is no way I could hold myself up on that thing, let alone raise my knees to my chest...! I have made that a goal of mine....5 hanging leg raises...haven't set a time frame yet though.

I decided I'll start my workouts tonight after work...treadmill and maybe upper body. Oh, and they weighed and measured me at the gym and also took a body fat reading (30% --- eeek). They set a goal for me of 29% BF this month, with a fat loss of I think 2.5 pounds. I'm sure I can do that....I'm actually hoping for better with JC on my side! The other thing I found out at the gym....I'm shorter than I always thought (maybe I'm shrinking?). For years in high school, I always said I was 5'2". Then I started WW and they measured me and found I was 5'3". The gym measured me last night....5'2"!

• Hi Ladies,

I started the program on Sunday and i have to tell you that I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of food! I was a little bit skeptical since I have never done this program before and wasn't really sure what to expect, but so far so good.

I will admit that there is more preperation involved with the salads, fruits, and veggies than I had hoped for, but I am going into this with the mindset that I am committed and serious about making this lifestyle change. So if I have to take 30 minutes out of my day and plan ahead, so be it. I am getting anxious for my first weigh in...which is not until Saturday. And you can bet I will be posting my success on here!!

I hope everyone has a smooth and easy Monday. It is kinda gloomy out by me in LA...doesn't Mother Nature know that it is Spring time?