I didn't realize I belonged here until I started reading.

• I'm brand new here... to the whole site. I had looked at this site a while back and just never got into it and I again saw it in Oprah's mag and thought that I needed to be here. So here I am. I was trying to figure out where I belonged... and here I am!

My name is Carol, I'm 22. I'm a single mommy, with absolutely no support from the "sperm donor" and am currently unemployeed, which doesn't help my eating issues. My daughter, Arabella Jean, will be 9 months old on the 14th. They always say 9 months up 9 months down... I made it to my pre-pregnancy weight but I've since gained about half of it back!

I definitely am a complusive/binge eater... I have never purged though. I will just eat and eat and eat when I'm alone. I absolutely love food but I have to get my eating under control or I'm not going to be around for my daughter!

I don't have a whole lot of time right this moment but I will post a bio this evening! I hope to be able to jump right in.

Thanks for listening!
    ~Carol
  • Hey Carol!

Welcome! You will find a lot of support around here. You have taken the first and most important step! You have admitted you have a problem and are taking steps to take care of it! Kudos to you!

• Hi Carol,
    I'm pretty new here also. I've been reading the fitness video boards and just happened to find the binge eating board also. I am a binge eater, too. I don't purge, though I have thought about it before. This morning I did a 3 mile workout video and right after it I ate a bowl of fresh fruit. I sat down at the computer and then automatically just got up and went to the cupboard and took out a box of Kashi cheese crackers and ate half of the box. So, alot of good it did doing the 3 mile walk. I just ate back all of the calories!!!!
    I don't know what the answer is-don't have binge foods in your house, I guess. I don't have any words of wisdom, just wanted to say hi and let you know that you're not alone.

Best Wishes,
    Donna
  • Hi Carol!
    Welcome! I think you will discover that this is a great place to be, full of supportive people who know exactly how you feel. I have found that coming here makes me feel more accountable, and it's great to have a place to just share your bad and good days! I am glad you found us
  • Hi Carol!

Welcome. I'm sort-a new... But I love the boards. I feel like I fit in so well here, and I just feel accountable and supported. It's great.

You have a great reason for getting healthy anyway, your daughter. To be around for her later on is an excellent reason to be here. Hopefully we can all help support you on your journey.
  • Welcome!
  • just remember you are not alone! It has taken me along time to realize that. I just come on here and read the posts and see that what ever I have bothering me that day has/is going on with someone else too.
    I am 21 and from Ohio, if you would ever like to talk feel free to PM me.
    ~Jenn
  • Quote: Hi Carol,

I don't know what the answer is-don't have binge foods in your house, I guess. I don't have any words of wisdom, just wanted to say hi and let you know that you're not alone.

Best Wishes,
    Donna

I dont know about you, but when it comes to me, and my binge fest's which I dont do often but on the sparse occassion that I do.. anything and everything whether it is chips, cookies and cakes or apples, oranges and carrots lol
  • Ready2shed -
    Hey I've got a question for ya...how do you manage your binges then, if its everything from cookies to apples? I ask because I'm a lot the same way. Short of only buying things a meal at a time, I'm at a loss about how to manage my binging behavior. Any insight you may have would be awesome!
  • I think an apple, orange, carrot binge would be better than a chips, cakes, cookie binge . I just got home and it's that time before supper that you're starving but you know supper's soon, so you shouldn't eat. It's one of my big binge times. I looked in my fridge and saw a big container of raw cauliflower. That's what I'm eating right now. Maybe I can make that a new habit Cauliflower to the rescue I just have to fight the urge to put ranch dressing on it.

Donna