I have a lap for my laptop!

• Hi All!

I find out new things about myself every day! Here's my shocker for today! I HAVE A LAP! My laptop FITS on my lap! My thighs are "flat" enough and not rounded and bulgy like before so that my laptop actually has a "top" to be on!

I always thought that I couldn't sit with my laptop computer like other people could (sitting on the couch, laptop on their lap typing away) because I had short little legs! Turns out my legs are normal size. It was my BELLY that was protruding so much that I thought my legs were so SHORT!

Now, guys, how's THAT for being in DENIAL?!!!!!

Honestly, I am sitting here typing this in disbelief! I am an educated, mature woman. How come I am SOOOOOOOO ignorant of MY OWN BODY? I live in it 24/7. I'm 55 years old. Come on! Sometimes I feel like my mind has been disconnected from my body for oh, say...THIRTY YEARS?!!!!

Anyway, I am enjoying my LAP today! Who knew that you could get a new lap?

Cheryl
  • That's awesome! How exciting....your're revealing a whole new body you didnt even realize you had!
  • I had almost the same realization only mine was about my jaw! I was looking in the mirror and realized that I had jawbones! It was just one slope of skin from my cheeks to my neck... How cool it is to discover hidden body parts/areas!
  • Congratulations!!! Isn't it nice to discover what's really under all that fat?
  • Cheryl! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to have a lap! This could sound silly but I've always been jealous of people in church who could hold their bible in their lap and take notes if they wanted. hahaha
  • Great revelation Cheryl!!!!! Hidden body parts? Who wouldv'e thunk it?

I always remember being so self conscious about not having a lap. Like when my kids would sit on me, which was next to impossible. Now they're all grown and could sit on my newfound, formerly hidden lap!!! Isn't this stuff just the greatest? It was almost, almost worth it to get so fat in the first place just so I could enjoy my body that much more now. Flaws and all. Nah. But you know what I mean. Don't you?

Every single day brings on new found pleasures from this weightloss, every single day, actually many, many times throughout the day.
  • Hey Cheryl, Congratulations! I know that must be a fun feeling. My legs have "grown" some, but there is still room for improvement.

Royals, I used to be so uncomfortable at church when we would stand for prayer, or stand for different parts of the ceremony. My calves were pressing into the back of the pew behind me and my stomach pressing into the pew in front of me. It took me forever to realize why I was so uncomfortable and no one else ever seemed to be. The reason, of course, was my big ole belly sticking out so far.
  • Quote: Royals, I used to be so uncomfortable at church when we would stand for prayer, or stand for different parts of the ceremony. My calves were pressing into the back of the pew behind me and my stomach pressing into the pew in front of me. It took me forever to realize why I was so uncomfortable and no one else ever seemed to be. The reason, of course, was my big ole belly sticking out so far.

Oh my gosh, do I hear you on that one! I have the same issue...but it's getting better.
  • I had this same realization while working on a laptop on a plane. Because thats near impossible unless you are a size 2 with short legs...but it got way easier!
  • Hehe, what a cute NSV!

I'm waiting to discover that I don't ACTUALLY have a baby face, but that it's just actually fat. I went from baby face to a fat face, I can't wait to see what my face looks like grown up.

You are slow close to 199, do you ache to be there now? I know I would be!

-Aimee
  • Ha, Cheryl! Loved this post. Especially the part about thinking you had short legs. That is funny stuff!
    Congrats on the new lap!
  • Oh, that rocks! Congratulations!
  • Cheryl -- That's so cool! I remembered discovering a lap too! And I now use it a lot, not just for my laptop, but I have 2 lap DOGS and never before had a lap they could use!

Just wait till you fly the next time and can raise and lower the tray table in front of you with ease in coach. When I flew this summer it was the first time I could do it and I relished it!!!!
  • Congratulations Cheryl on rediscovering your lap! That is awesome news!
    With just the little amount of weight I have lost, I have rediscovered my boobs! I've always been small-medium busted and with a big belly in the way I never really noticed a distinction between the bulges.
    Most of my weight lost has been in my belly so, I was like "Hello girls"!
    I wonder how much more is hidden underneath the layers? I can't wait to find out!
    Congrats and good luck Cheryl. We will do it!