March 2007 Exercise - Get to marching!

You're on Page 8 of 8
Go to
  • Crikey. Almost time to go home and I forgot to post. Posted darned near everywhere else today but forgot here!

No time for personals at the moment, but I am like Santa.. I know when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake!! So Be GOOD!!

I got in 70 minutes of kickboxing and aerobics this morning have 20 stinking minutes to do tonight when I get home. Yes I am cranky. Thanks for asking.

See everyone and I mean EVERYONE tomorrow. That means all you slackers, front and center
  • i just forgot to post yesterday. the day didn't go as planned. i hate when that happens. it throws me all off whack and makes me a little cranky. but i did get in 20 minutes on the treadmill. so let's see 200-20=180. oooh, that's still 180 with only 4 days left, well that's about an hour a day. for the next 3 because let's face it, i ain't gonna work out on Sunday. General conference is this week so no regular service. i probably won't go to conference, maybe me and the kids will go find something fun to do.
    will post again later and let you know how it's going...amy
  • i am posting now so i don't forget to do it later.
    i haven't got my cardio for today in. i think i am going to do a tape when i get home.
    anyway i did manage to do about 30 minutes in the weight room. i feel a little more energy but still just feel like i could crash. plus i think my blood pressure is up. i have had a headache all day and it won't go away. the tylenol didn't touch it. that's what makes me think it my bp. i guess i could go check it then i would know for sure.
    i can't wait for tomorrow...tae kwon sculpt! i just love it and can't hardly wait for the next class. talk to everyone again later...we are getting near the end of the week, don't fail me now!
  • Hey chickies! Quick post today- did 3 miles for 45 minutes last night. New total- 95 minutes. Tonight will be a combo, and I have UB scheduled again. Can't you see all that definition in my shoulders?

One more day till the weekend...please, please hurry up!
  • Stop me before I kill
    A MALE engineer here has gotten on my last nerve so I thought I had better post before I went over to his office and beat him with my purse. Arggh. I mean, do they sit home at night practicing doing moronic stuff or what???

Anyway, Exercise this morning was 70 minutes. I'll be getting in 23 when I get home to get 460 minutes or 8 hours for the week. TOM is here so I am blown up like a balloon and retaining a lake.. slosh slosh.

Nice to see a few of you posting. Jenn and Amy.. good workouts today.
    Renee #2, you have been missing quite a LONG time. come back now!!
    GreenEggs - you too. Time to get back to business
    Mel, hope you are feeling better
    Lainey - hey where are you?
    Kelly, time to check in.
    Urs - you haven't checked here in a while
    Tammy, you too. Check in and update!
    Lwyr - I know you have a party tonight, so keep it calm and moderation.
    Renee, #1 - I think I remember you posting about exercising in the journals, so come and share the good news with everyone!

And yes I scrolled back through the entire Exercise thread! :P
  • Yes, yes, I did get some good exercise in today! LOL at Linda and her personals! Geesh, with the new blogs, the journals, and the forums--this site is beggining to turn into a full time job! LOL

Ok, seeing Linda, dressed as Santa beating the stupid male engineer with her purse....LOL Too funny to even imagine! LMAO Now that, Linda, I would pay money to see!

Exercise today was a whole hour of treadmill time...thank you very much! That brings my grand total up for the week to 145 minutes, I think. Leaving me with 55 min. to go. I think I can do that between tomorrow and Saturday. Basketball season is finally over for ds--yeah. More time for me! Maytag guy coming to fix my recalled dishwasher tomorrow, but he is not supposed to show until 1pm--plenty of time to get my minutes in for the day!

Amy, continued great job! Hope the bp is alright. Hey, isn't all this exercise supposed to help with that??

Jenn, wtg with your continued exercise. I keep watching for that tracker to move. I am afraid my chick has been stuck where she is at for so long she will soon be a hen! LOL

Linda, I am still amazed at the amount of exercise you have challenged yourself with these past couple of weeks.

Everyone else.....well, you heard Linda...front and center. (except you Lwyr, I ,too, know about the "happy hour"---hope you are happy! LOL

I have been dabbling in those blogs myself lately. I like alot of the features. Here is the link to my site. The name of my blog is Loosingmore...can't figure out how to make a link for you!
  • Evening! Ok...did 35 minutes of aerobics tonight, and 20 minutes of upper body weights while hanging out. And then funky white girl dancing around the house while playing my new favorite song. On repeat. About 6 times. Poor hubby, and poor cats. But hey, it's an aerobic activity! No, I'm not counting it, but it was fun.

95 + 35 from today = 130 for the week. Tomorrow night will be a long workout, since it isn't a school night, and I can eat first, and then exercise, since being up won't be an issue. Saturday I'll be getting a pretty early start, and heading about 4 hours north to Orlando, to meet up with a good friend coming down from Michigan. Breakfast and lunch will be packed, and I will leave 1000 calories so that no matter where we end up for dinner, I can make good choices, and not go off the deep end. I'll crash at Mom's house, which is about an hour away from that, spend the night there, and several hours on Sunday before heading back home. Busy weekend, but it will be worth it. And next weekend is middle nephew's 1st birthday, and Easter, so we will be doing a family day with hubby's clan. That means I've got to get my 200 minutes in before the weekend, and anything else I get in is a bonus.

Renee, you can look at my ticker again. LOL It took 9 long days for my body to catch on to the fact that food was perfect, water was increased, and exercise was- well, let's face it- super! Not "Linda-fricking-tastic" yet, but definitely enough that I should not have been playing scale mind games for that time. So, while muscle defined and fat shifted around waiting to be flung off...all the stars are back in alignment, and I am down 1.8 now, on day 10. I'll take it. 55.8 down now, and moving closer to this year's goal, and my halfway point, more or less.

Linda, what is it with men? There is something wrong with the dang Y chromosome, I know it. He's lucky you don't wear spiky heels...could have been messy if you whacked him with that.

Where is everyone else? C'mon...we're almost through week 2, and to the halfway point. Let's get sweaty!
  • Good early morning, not wuite 7 here. i am posting this morning to confess my sins. i didn't get any cardio in yesterday. by the time i left work i had a full blown migraine. sharp pain in head, nausea, fatigue. i am feeling much better this morning. i am gonna make up my time between the next couple of days.
    i checked my bp and it was actually a little low. i think with all this extra exercise my body is having a hard time adjusting (bp wise) and all the fluctuation is what's causing the headaches. just a theory.
    anyway i will be back this evening to report and check on everyone else.
    have a great day!!amy
  • hey girls! I am posting early today too. I usually save the forums for last, but thought I would pop in early today for a change!

First off....WOO HOO FOR JENN! Man, I am so excited to see that tracker move for you! Keep going, you will be where you want to be in no time! Wow, a nice weekend in Orlando--and you have got a wonderful plan to stay out of trouble on the diet front. My very favortie restaraunt of all time is in Orlando...can't remember the name, but it is an italian place in a strip mall of sorts by a lake (ya, that is about how ALL of Orlando is) If I think of it, I will try to find out the name...I am certain their meals have alot of calories! LOL So what is the new fav tune? LOL I can here you on repeating it over and over again...ok, I have one that I recently downloaded on my mp3 that I usually listen to a minimum of 4 times before I move on! LOL Timbaland, Nelly F, and JT. LOL

Amy, hope the migraine is better. Yes, you are right. The exercise could be altering the bp. Are you on meds for it? Please watch it closely so if you are on meds the doc can adjust them accordingly. Gosh, don't feel bad about needing the day off. My ds got a migraine yesterday too. I think it is the changable weather we have been having that brought his on...but I am not sure. Take care of yourself!

Got my 40 min in today. 30 tm, 10 strengthening. I am counting it all for the challenge, like I said. That leaves me with 15 min to go. I WILL make it this week. I promise.

Take care all you chickies! And enjoy Friday!
  • Tgif!
    Morning Ladies! If you've read my journal entry already, you know the happy hour fiasco. SO I'm happy to report I got in 60 mins of cardio last night and 20 mins of weights - putting me at 180 mins of cardio so far for the week and 230 mins of combined exercise. WOOHOO!

This challenge was truly just what I needed to get my booty back in shape and moving. I've been a slug since Christmas, but I can already feel my body starting to tone up and get definition. JUST in time for summer

If I could curb the weekend eating, I swear, I'd be perfect. Well maybe not perfect, but I'd be really happy all the same. DH and I have date night tonight, a picnic lunch tomorrow at the tidal basin for the cherry blossom festival, and dinner and pool with friends tomorrow night. Sunday isn't planned out, but I'm sure we'll do our weekly brunch then. I'll do my best to stay in check and not splurge...too much.

Jenn, whenever DH and I go out to dance, I never worry too much about calories for dinner that night - all that moving and shaking for hours really does burn alot of calories Enjoy your trip to see your friend!

Amy, sorry to hear you are feeling down. Get better soon - rest up!

Renee, I'm telling ya - keeping up with journals and forum is alot for a busy chick to do - but its so worth it, because the support I get from you ladies is unlike anything else.

Linda, Good job on playing drill sargeant. Last night after we woke up from our nap - I was like weeeeell, we could do our own happy hour at home and order in food - but then (NO JOKE) I thought how proud I would be to report that I went to the gym - so we went. Whatever works, right?

Have a happy and safe wknd ladies, Much Love to all!
  • Trying this too..
    I'm pretty happy with my exercise for this week. 318 minutes. So, I thought I'd have a little looksie over hear to see what everyone was talking about. I'll try this challenge!! 200 minutes should be doable. Do we count yoga and weights? If we do, then I know for sure I can get 200 in easy. Just really need some motivation to make that scale MOVE!! Hopefully I can remember how I got to this page!! Have a great weekend...Deidre
  • Yeah!! I found it. And managed to add some things into my profile. There's hope for me yet!!
  • Friday Fun
    Morning or afternoon everyone. Lovely day today, isn't it? I am happy because my tired old bones are getting a day of rest... sigh!!

Welcome Deidre. So glad to have you join us on the sweating thread. You make this challenge what ever you want it to be. I already was doing more than 200 minutes a week or exercise, so I made my own challenge to be 460 minutes a week.. a little more than 90 minutes average a day. You make the challenge what you need it to be.. to improve your health!

Lwyr, have a fun time this weekend and enjoy the sunshine. maybe a hike might be in order to enjoy the beauty of the great outdoors, huh? It dones' always matter what motivates us to exercise because that can change on a daily basis. The important thing is you did it!

Renee, nice exercise. You just tell youself tomorrow is that if you don't do that 15 minutes, Linda will be on you like a bad rash.

Amy, hope you feel better today. My father used to get migraines so I remember how bad it was for him. I know they can be brought on by so many things. Just watch yourself!

Jenn - I cannot tell you how good it is to have you back. You went through a long patch with that house that you didn't take care of you. I was worried about you. Yes that Y chomosome in some cases causes rampant stupidity, it seems.

Ok, next week starts a tough week 3. You are apt to be tired and cranky and probably pissed off at me for whatever reason about the exercise. This will be the toughest week of the four week challenge for most of us, so buckle down, remember to breath and don't send a hit man out to whack me, 'k?
  • Wow, I'm back again...
    So happy right now, though. My mother is taking the girls for the weekend YaHoo!! So, the plan for tomorrow is for DH and I to get the studio all cleared out, and reorganized with his computers. Then, we're going to hang the punching bag back up and hopefully unfold the treadmill!! I'm worried cuz he's so stressed. Worried about a heart attack or stroke!! He's doesn't eat all that well...NO fruits and he likes even LESS veggies than I do!! And his exercise is walking down the stairs in the AM and up in the PM. Sits all day in front of the computer. Scares me. So this is a huge step

Then...we're off on a date!! He said yes pretty fast. Think he knows he needs to de-stress...big time. So excited about that as well. Should turn out to be an awesome weekend!!

Just had to let someone know!!
  • LOL oh linda, we would NEVER send a hit man out to get you....who would work the prod when we need it??? LOL

DEIDRE -- WELCOME to the challenge! I am so glad you are joining us! Enjoy your kidless weekend. That is fantastic news about the gym equipment. Yes, our men, they just don't realize that they are getting older and need to do SOMETHING too! Even if they aren't overweight. Mine eats healthy, but supplements his diet with a **itload of crap, and doesn't exercise.... Hey, maybe there is a "snap" in your future!