Sugarbusters Support Board - March '07

You're on Page 1 of 18
Go to
  • Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...38#post1592538

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
  • Hey everyone! I was supposed to go to North Georgia today...but...the little door that covers my gas cap would not open yesterday when Tom went to get me gas. He checked it over and could not figure out how to spring it without the lever working, so this morning he called the guy who works on it. He gave him a few ideas and we eventually got it open. It is too late to go up the the mountains though...especially with the rain we are having. I hate driving in the rain. I am going tomorrow instead.

MELF: I am so sorry your thumb is giving you trouble. I hate when hands hurt. I use them SO much for just about all the things I love to do...especially all my arts and crafts. I hope it improves for you soon.

SOLLY: I hope you find your get up and go! When you do, send me some! No hard feelings about your cats beating the dawgs. You know I am a fair weather fan....I did not even know they were playing.

I have the kiln firing, so I better go check it. I am hoping that nothing breaks...so I am firing slowly.

• Well, here I am, talking to myself again. Kiln has fired off. Can't wait to open it and see if everything did ok. While it was firing, I finished two casseroles, and pitcher and a bowl. I am hoping the casseroles make it ok. I have had bad luck with them so far....something always seems to break on them.

The rain has let up for now. Its been a lighter knot floater here most of the day! I am taking a break, snacking on ww pretzels from Trader Joes, and drinking some Arizona NSA peach tea. Yum!

• Howdy
    Good afternoon. The weather has been just beautiful here in my part of Texas. The day before yesterday I finally had a chance to get outside and take a look at my herbs. Several of them are coming back from last year. The chocolate mint had grown out of the pot and into the grass. We mowed a small patch and it smelled wonderful. It is a bit windy this afternoon but Stormy and I are fixing to attempt a walk. I hope everyone is having a SUPER week so far. ((Everybody))

Love,
    Crystle
  • Good evening. I'm getting ready to go make a meat loaf for dinner. Think I'll have it with some brown rice and a vegetable. Its cold and windy here but sunny out. Saw a beautiful blue bird out on the dog water this morning. It was eating some of the dog food. Made me think how near to spring we are. I stopped at a friends house and had some good tea this afternoon while I was in town. You can tell my day has been lazy and I've not done allot. Well better run, dinner time is near.
  • Well I didn't get to grocery shop yesterday as I had planned & this morning I'm off to have brunch with a group of ladies from the church so I'm not promising anything for the day. lol Have a great day everyone!
  • Good Morning all,

Hope everyone has a great day today. Been running around taking care of last minute details before hubby leaves today. Was totally bad on my eating yesterday but was not in a place where I could eat what I was supposed to. But thats the only day since I started back eating legal that I've been bad. But I'm back on track today. I need to get some nuts and trisquits. The girls stay in them and I can't keep enough....lol But I still haven't drank any cokes of any kind and I can see the fluid leaving my body.
    Well everyone take care.
  • Good Afternoon.

I'm having a lazy day. Last night the power went off a little after midnight. We had a bit of back-up power which gave us a bit of light but nothing else would work this morning. Couldn't make tea or use the microwave. Then about 8 a.m. it all went out again. So I took myself off to the mall for breakfast and sat around there for a couple of hours reading before heading home again. The power is on again but not sure if it is going to stay on. I've just finished reading my book so will head out to the library soon to find something else to read. Last night we had a few inches of snow plus some icy rain which was the cause of the power outage. There are quite a few power lines down in the city. To-day it is quite mild so now there is concern about flooding as all the snow and ice melts.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Good afternoon. Made me a wonderful salad for lunch with turkey and half an avocado on it. Just had me some walnuts for a snack. So I feel pretty good about myself. For the first time all week I've stayed home all day. So I'm being lazy except for doing a load of wash. I watched The Secret on DVD that Oprah recommended. I liked it and will watch it again.

Rosalie- I hope your power stays on. I hate when that happens here.

Thunderwoman- Glad you're back on track. We can do this!!!

Melf- Hope you have a good day with the ladies...

Sure is slow here today....
  • Hi all,

Yesterday was a terrible day. I couldn't sleep because I ached so bad. In the morning I called the NH and told them I wouldn't be able to come in. I was just miserable all day. I tried to take a nap but only dozed a little and then would try to find a more comfortable position. I always take pain meds, but some times it needs a little boost. I took some on an empty stomach....what was I thinking!?! By night time I was feeling a little better, ate and took more meds. I tried to get here but board was closed for month.

Today I did the bank statement, paid bills, played a couple of Mah Jong and generally tried to do nothing strenuous. As a result I am feeling a lot better.
    I couldn't belive I cancelled the NH.

MELF: Hope your thumb is feeling better. Maybe it was weather predicting. Hope you enjoyed your day with the ladies.

MONET: I always say that people don't realize the energy, work and talent that goes into handmade goods. I am learning through you how hard it is to do pottery and the frustration you must feel when something breaks or doesn't come out as you wanted it to.

COUNTRY: Your Texas weather usual reaches us a day or two later. It was clear today and cooler. Some southerners probably thought it was cold. My grandmother grew herbs and they always smelled so good. I can remember as a kid crushing a sprig in my fingers and loving the smell of the different ones.

TONI: You need a lazy day once in a while. Ah! Spring. It's fun to see early signs. Gives us something to look forward to. There are also signs that people look for in different parts of the country. I never heard of robin's snow until I moved to PA. It signals the end of winter for sure.

THUNDER: I find it hard to be the first week or so, then all of a sudden it will kick in and seems easier to follow plan. Seems like you're doing pretty good. No coke sounds good too.

ROSALIE: Being without power was like a game when I was young. We had the welding business and a welding machine is a generator. Dad used to hook up some lights and heat. Then we'd get calls, how come you have lights. I love a snow storm, everything gets so quiet and peaceful, even more so whrn there is no power. Hope it stays on for you.

Bitsy is asking to go out so better end this.

May good things happen, Shirley

• The New Supermarket

The new supermarket near our house has an automatic water mist to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and the smell of fresh rain.

When you approach the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and there is a scent of fresh hay.

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cluck and cackle and the air is filled with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying.

The veggie department features the smell of fresh buttered corn.

I don't buy toilet paper there any more.
    -----------------------

Ladies in the restroom

So you men can understand and us women don't have to keep explaining

Ladies Restroom Visit

When you have to visit a public bathroom, you usually find a line of women, so you smile politely and take your place. Once it's your turn, you check for feet under the stall doors. Every stall is occupied. Finally, a door opens and you dash in, nearly knocking down the woman leaving the stall. You get in to find the door won't latch. It doesn't
    matter.

The dispenser for the modern "seat covers" (invented by someone's Mom, no doubt) is handy, but empty. You would hang your purse on the door hook, if there were one, but there isn't - so you carefully but quickly drape it around your neck, (Mom would turn over in her grave if you put
    it on the FLOOR!), yank down your pants, and assume "The Stance."

In this position your aging, toneless thigh muscles begin to shake. You'd love to sit down, but you certainly hadn't taken time to wipe the seat or lay toilet paper on it, so you hold "The Stance."

To take your mind off your trembling thighs, you reach for what you discover to be the empty toilet paper dispenser. In your mind, you can hear your mother's voice saying, "Honey, if you had tried to clean the seat, you would have KNOWN there was no toilet paper!" Your thighs shake more.

You remember the tiny tissue that you blew your nose on yesterday - the one that's still in your purse. That would have to do. You crumple it in the puffiest way possible. It is still smaller than your thumbnail.

Someone pushes open your stall door because the latch doesn't work. The door hits your purse, which is hanging around your neck in front of your chest, and you and your purse topple backward against the tank of the toilet "Occupied!" you scream, as you reach for the door, dropping your precious, tiny, crumpled tissue in a puddle on the floor, lose your footing altogether, and slide down directly onto the TOILET SEAT. It is wet of course.

You bolt up, knowing all too well that it's too late. Your bare bottom has made contact with every imaginable germ and life form on the uncovered seat because YOU never laid down toilet paper - not that there was any, even if you had taken time to try.

You know that your mother would be utterly appalled if she knew, because, you're certain, her bare bottom never touched a public toilet seat because, frankly, dear, "You just don't KNOW what kind of diseases you could get."

By this time, the automatic sensor on the back of the toilet is so confused that it flushes, propelling a stream of water like a firehose that somehow sucks everything down with such force that you grab onto the toilet paper dispenser for fear of being dragged in too. At that point, you give up.

You're soaked by the spewing water and the wet toilet seat. You're exhausted. You try to wipe with a gum wrapper you found in your pocket and then slink out inconspicuously to the sinks. You can't figure out how to operate the faucets with the automatic sensors, so you wipe your hands with spit and a dry paper towel and walk past the line of women, still waiting. You are no longer able to smile politely to them.

A kind soul at the very end of the line points out a piece of toilet paper trailing from your shoe. ( Where was that when you NEEDED it??) You yank the paper from your shoe, plunk it the woman's hand and tell her warmly, "Here, you just might need this."

As you exit, you spot your hubby, who has long since entered, used and left the men's restroom. Annoyed, he asks, "What took you so long, and why is your purse hanging around your neck?"

. . .This is dedicated to women everywhere who deal with a public restroom (rest??? you've got to be kidding!!). It finally explains to the men what really does take us so long. It also answers their other commonly asked question about why women go to the restroom in pairs. It's so the other gal can hold the door, hang onto your purse and hand you Kleenex under the door.

• Happy Sunday all. Its cold and windy here. Washed the flannel sheets and put them back on the bed. We'll still need them here. Hope everyone is okay.
  • WARNING!WARNING! Sean will be 15 in two weeks and getting his learner's permit! Everyone BE CAREFUL on the road and look out for the young maniac out on the road!!! Haha! I've been out to practice with him a couple of times and while I would not dare put him on any major roads or highways yet, he is doing well on our little backroads! He doesn't like meeting another car and "freaks out" a little, but learning a lot for only being out a couple of times! I really admire parents who have gone on this path before!!

I got a new battery for my scale and will install it and weigh on Monday good or bad!

Have a great weekend!!
  • Hi all,

EArly start this morning. Went with my DS to WalMArt. He likes to get there first thing in the morning when they open doors. He did the grocery shopping. I went the other way and bought a lot of things I needs from hair to a new collar for Bitsy. $123 worth. It sure mounts up. If I go with DS, he does all the lifting bags into cart at checkout and into car trunk and then up the stairs. I'm no fool.

Felt pretty good this morning. Did a lot of walking at the store because things I wanted were all over the place. A little achier now.

TONI: In PA I used flannel sheets too. They're so cozy. I sleep with window open and last night did pull up the comforter. I usually sleep with sheet or loght blanket.

THIN:: I remember when my kids got their licenses! A little nerve wracking. But we survive. I know people who had someone else teach kids to drive, said they couldn't stand the pressure. Nowadays with automatics it's a snap. My DH made both learn to drive our 1939 Chevy pickup with four on the floor.

At least the three of us are good girls......we posted. Weekends are always so slow here.

May good things happen, Shirley

• Hello everyone! I unloaded the kiln before I left yesterday morning and was very happy that nothing broke, or exploded! I had a wonderful time hanging out with my friend, mixing glazes and exchanging ideas. I was going to leave about 4, but ended up staying for dinner and did not leave to come home until about 8:30. We glazed a bunch of stuff and turned on the kiln. I can't wait to hear how they did. She offered me her wheel to work on while I have mine repaired, so I may go up there two days next week. I have no idea how long it will take for mine to be repaired, but I am seriously bummed about it.

I went to the supply place this morning and got a new shelf for my kiln. I of course, forget to get the support posts though.

The weather is nice today, so we will probably head out on a walk soon. I was thinking of doing the long route today, but I am beginning to feel kind of bad- I have a bit of a cold and am achy like SEF - so it may just be the short 1.5 mile route instead.

Eating has been pretty good. I had a nice salad with garbanzos and walnuts for lunch. I made a raspberry vinaigrette for the dressing. I had a handful of sourdough pretzel nuggets with it. Breakfast was eggs and toast. Not sure what dinner will be, but I am thinking probably some fish. It has been very appealing to me, and I know it is good for me.