March's NSV's

You're on Page 11 of 19
Go to
  • Robin, I don't know about you, but that hubby thing beats a loose pair of jeans anyday!! Congratulations -- just makes you feel all "warm and fuzzy" inside, doesn't it!!!
  • WTG, Mrs. Q and Tricia on great NSV's.

rockinrobin, I was so excited to finally get the tax stuff dropped off.
    As for the TMI stuff, my DH is the exact same way. I feel like he starts pawing at me as soon as he comes through the door. Esp. if I'm cooking or doing simply housework. He had never, ever complained about my wt. before, but he sure finds me awfully darn SEXY now. He is constantly pulling me down to sit on his lap. (Now that sure wasn't the case before, lol). He tells me "you're light as a feather". Of course, he's just buttering me up for later. LOL. A nice thing now is we can lay side by side now on the couch and cuddle and watch a movie, where we couldn't both fit on there together before.
  • Robin and Lilybelle: Thanks for sharing those stories (even though you thought it was TMI!). I am not to the point of having much to share for NSV's... YET! But, that response is exactly what I want. It would be a blessing to have that kind of attention again. You've helped me (again) and I appreciate it. It certainly keeps me motivated.

I just have to continue to give thanks for having found this site. I've never had a place you could go for such encouragement and such honesty along with that encouragement.
  • Awww, that's funny Shelby. It is kinda cool. But then again so are loose jeans.

Lily, that's exactly it. I mean a guy is a guy, he wants what he wants and the weight wasn't gonna stop him. He never complained before about my wt., but now I think he really appreciates me and is remembering how it was when we first met. I don't know if appreciate is the right word. But, it's like I ignited something in him. It's almost funny. But funny-good-funny. I like it and all, but it's hard to get things done with him ALWAYS interupting me. lol. But I'm sure it will subside as he gets used to me.

You must be so relieved to get that tax stuff over with. Excited, yes, but relieved as well. What a big headache.
  • Slashnl, we posted at the same time. I promise you there are GREAT NSV's awaiting you and they are worth everything that you are giving up. EVERYTHING. Please trust me on this one. You will look back at this and wonder why you didn't lose the weight sooner. It is a delightful, worthwhile experience. I know this is said a lot, but it really can't be said enough - "NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feels" Really nothing. And keep in mind I've been feeling this way for a long time. When I was no where NEAR goal.

And I'd have to agree with you. This place is sensational.
  • Exactly Robin, my DH never turned me down before I lost the wt. But, now he treats me like I'm a Goddess. LOL, I kinda like this. The most awesome thing is when we go out somewhere together and he tells me how beautiful I am and how he is so proud of me. He just makes me feel younger and certainly more vibrant. Don't bet on him "getting used to it", mine sure hasn't.
  • LOVE reading all of these!
    The NSVs have been OUTSTANDING! Congratulations on paying attention to all the wonderful changes that are happening to you! SCALE victories are not the ONLY victories, and we are all here to prove that!

Mine may sound a bit weird, but hear me out before you say, "YOU DID...WHAT?!!!! We knew we were going to The Cheesecake Factory today. I have not had ANY cheesecake or chocolate in weeks! I tallied up my breakfast on Fitday which was 361 calories (Eggbeater Omelette with veggies, yogurt with strawberries, and OJ with my vitamins). I went on the Cheesecake Factory website and got the total for their Godiva Cheesecake- 860 calories. I decided to do something I have never done...have CHEESECAKE for my main course!

I had coffee with my cheesecake, and I just had some carrots and my water a bit ago. I'm done with my 1400 calories for my day because I wanted to allow for the whipped cream that MIGHT not be included in the 860 calories.

I told myself that this was a choice, and I am HAPPY that I made this choice today! The Godiva Cheesecake was fantastic, and it felt good to plan ahead and feel in control. I doubt that I will do this again, but if I DO, I will know that by planning out my calories ahead of time, I CAN stay on plan and EAT CHEESECAKE, TOO!

Cheryl
  • Quote: A nice thing now is we can lay side by side now on the couch and cuddle and watch a movie, where we couldn't both fit on there together before.
    One of my favorite memories of my first year or two with my husband is cuddling on the couch side by side, and we hadn't done that for YEARS. I just realized recently that we'd started doing it again and I hadn't even thought about it. It's so great!

Cheryl, I love your cheesecake NSV!! I'm all for enjoying food you love and working it into your plan. That's the secret to long-term success, I think -- at least that's how it works for me!

Today I had some great compliments. One lady who hadn't seen me in a few months went ON and ON about how great I looked and she couldn't stop looking at my body. It actually got a little uncomfortable!

I complimented a student on her skirt today and she said "You should wear more skirts now too -- especially now that you're so skinny."
  • I don't have any NSVs yet as I've just started and I can't wait to share them once I do start achieving NSVs but I just had to say, reading the NSVs you guys post here is so inspirational and motivating. I love it. Good jobs, ladies (and gents)!
  • We bought a camper a couple weeks ago and are going camping starting this Sunday for a whole glorious week. We had previously had a camper 2 yrs. ago. I spent 5 1/2 hrs. yesterday stocking the new camper. It struck me that every single time that we used to go camping, I'd find all the stuff we needed and have DH or kids to make the million trips out to put it in the camper. This time, I did it myself. I enjoyed doing it and getting it all set to go. I'm now capable of doing things that I had shirked off on others. Plus the added bonus of this time, I'll know where everything is.

Plus, I realized that since I've lost so much wt. and bought all new clothes in the past year, that I don't have anything very old to wear while fishing. So, I'll be Styling sitting out there on the boat. LOL.

Last night while packing clothes for my trip, I found a whole drawer of my old granny undies. They were huge and all stretched out. I threw them all away. I didn't know I still had them. LOL. I showed them to DH and we both had a good laugh.
  • OMG Lilybelle, that was me too!!! Whenever we would go for a trip and drive I would watch everybody load up the car, back and forth, back and forth. So many trips. Not me I would just watch as they did all the loading of the care. Or "supervise" as I liked to call it. Supervise? Huh, who was I kidding? I was incapable of doing any different. Now, I am the first one to take things out and move them around and stuff.

So, yes, I can DEFINITELY appreciate your NSV. How truly wonderful. It feels so good to be able to do things for yourself and others. I hope you have a stupendous time in your beautiful clothing and your very "un"granny like undergarments. But you will be missed around here. But that's okay, you deserve to have a wonderful time. Do enjoy!!!!
  • Kind of off topic, but I have noticed over the past few weeks another great thing about this fabulous place we call 3FC. It is REALLY fun to hear from people all over the country (and out of the country, too). Lilybelle, you're talking about camping for a week and you're making me so anxious for real spring to come. While our weather has warmed so nicely and we have the spring bulb flowers coming up, it is still a little early to go camping. Here in Colorado, we camp in the Rockies, and you'd have to take your snow shovel to clear out most of the campsites up there!! A couple of weeks ago, they just opened up a lake for boating near where I live.
    It's been beautiful here, but not quite THAT warm!
  • Diane, it is beautiful in Colorado. I used to visit my sis there when she lived in Colorado springs. I used to love to snow ski but haven't been in several years. I wonder if I could still do it.

Robin, I used to "supervise" too. LOL. I'm glad I'm now capable to do it myself. Oh and no granny undies here now, I got Sexy undies now. lol. DH has already mentioned that we'll have a lot of "snuggly" time. OMG, I won't be able to hide from him in that camper. LOL. He is 43, so when is he gonna quit acting like a teenager?
  • Awww, there are some really sweet NSVs! WTG, everyone!

I found out yesterday that I broke my arm. Managed 35 min. on the bike at the gym plus some leg work today. Part of me wanted to say "to heck with it," but the other part doesn't want to give up the "gains" I've made at the gym.
  • March NSV
    I hiked a 2.6 mile trip up a mountain and I am so glad I did it! The end result was a beautiful waterfalls and the scenery was breathtaking! Keep up the good work girls!

Lee