March Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • LaBonita - You should check it out online. Words can't give the art form justice. I love it!

JP
  • My goal for March is 1200 minutes

Mar 1 Stationary bike 25 minutes, Aerobics 22 minutes

dustcatcher
  • My goal will be 1000 minutes. I am just starting out on my diet, but I won't have anything for today

1-Nada
    2-45 Minutes Treadmill
    3-walked around mall (not gonna count that but at least i moved a little)
    4-30 minutes treadmill, 6 minutes elliptical (i HATE the elliptical), 60 minutes batting cages
    5-Nada
    6-30 minutes treadmill walk/run Week 1 Workout 1 of C25K
    7-
    8-
    9-
    10-
    11-
    12-
    13-
    14-
    15-
    16-
    17-
    18-
    19-
    20-
    21-
    22-
    23-
    24-
    25-
    26-
    27-
    28-
    29-
    30-
    31-

171/1000 minutes
  • I think this is a great idea. I'm new to all of this so here's my goal:
    Strength training 3x/week
    cardio (min of 20 minutes) 4x/week

3/1 - did strength and 20minutes (230 cals) on elliptical
    3/2 - no exercise today or for awhile cause I fell on some ice and sprained my ankle. I'm really disappointed.
    3/3 -
    3/4 -
    3/5 -
    3/6 -
    3/7 -
    3/8 -
    3/9 -
    3/10 -
    3/11 -
    3/12 -
    3/13 -
    3/14 -
    3/15 -
    3/16 -
    3/17 -
    3/18 -
    3/19 -
    3/20 -
    3/21 -
    3/22 -
    3/23 -
    3/24 -
    3/25 -
    3/26 -
    3/27 -
    3/28 -
    3/29 -
    3/30 -
    3/31 -
  • Capoeira is really beautifull, but it looks complicated, is it? but it must be a very good excercise since there is so much movement involved.

I wanted to know if anybody here practices Tai chi; Is it a good excercise? it looks easy enough for me to try... but I don't know if it's any good towards calorie burning or is it more for relaxation purposes. Hope someone can help

and good luck to everyone with the challenge, I already see some numbers up keep up the good job!
  • Vega - capoeira can be complicated but so can anything at high intensity/training levels... see if there is a beginner class around you... it's excellent exercise and the cultural depth is a beautiful part of the art, too. Some of those clips on utube are inspiration enough to work our lil tushes off! There are lists of different websites with capoeira groups and where they are located...I'm sure you could find one locally and ask when their beginners train! Try looking up groups on www.capoeira4all.com if you're interested!
  • Hi ladies, happy friday!

jc I saw your post the other day in feb challenge, congrats on meeting your goals, minutes and to all of course, for not having only met goals but exercising in general,,,for any extent of time or even just starting out! I love this thread, it has helped me tremendously.

Jpennies, the capoiera sounds interesting......ty for providing us with the website, I'll have to check it out sometime. When I first heard you describe it, it sounded like an art form to me.....sounds cool : )

3/1 40 minute walk (outdoors)
    3/2
  • Hello ladies,

Unfortunately I fell on some ice this morning and sprained my right ankle. Until it heals I won't be doing much more than hobbling. I'm very disappointed. Anyone have any suggestions on exercise that I can do that won't affect my incredibly sore ankle????
  • hi all,

GL, I just came in and saw your post. I'm so sorry to hear that you fell and sprained your ankle. I know how frustrating it can be when something is physically ailing you and it interferes with your exercise, hang in there!

Perhaps you can sit in a chair and do some upper body toning with dumbells or even maybe some floor calisthenics, one's which wont interfere with your sore leg.

Someone recommended to me that I get a neoprene ankle sock (open heel) at any pharmacy store, but to make sure I get it fitted properly and not buy too big. My situation is a bit different than yours though, my ankle acts up here and there from an old injury and certainly its a great idea to wrap my leg for extra support and or times im feeling that darn kink. Just something to keep in mind should the need arise, though I think it best you just let yourself heal right now. Just do whatever exercise you can that does not affect your leg and I think you will feel better hang in there and wishing you a speedy recovery. ok , have to run, bbl
  • I'm new to this and would love to join!
    I'm going to walk for 30 minutes a day, plus bike ride 30 minutes every other day. If I'm feeling good might throw in a couple of minutes of jogging during those walks.
    1,000 minutes walking
    450 minutes biking
    1,450 minutes of exercise for March

March 1- n/a
    2-n/a
    3- 110 walking / 0 min. aerobics / 60 biking = 170 minutes
    4- 35 walking / 0 min. aerobics / 0 biking = 35 minutes
    5- 25 walking / 20 min. toning / 0 biking = 45 minutes
    6- 0 walking / 30 min. aerobics / 0 biking = 30 minutes
    7- No exercise today.
    8- 45 walk-jog / 60 min. aerobics / 0 biking = 105 minutes
    9- walk-jog / 60 min. aerobics / 0 biking = 60 minutes
    10- 60 walking / 0 min. aerobics / 0 biking = 60 minutes
    11- 40 walking / 30 min. aerobics / 0 biking = 70 minutes
    12- Day of rest well, not really rest, just a day of housecleaning as opposed to structured exercise.
    13- 0 walking / 60 min. aerobics / 0 biking =
    14-
    15-
    16-
    17-
    18-
    19-
    20-
    21-
    22-
    23-
    24-
    25-
    26-
    27-
    28-
    29-
    30-
    31-

This is very exciting for me...my first official challenge as I just joined about a week ago. Good Luck everyone!
  • Accountability Time
    March 1st = No running
    March 2nd = 3.6 miles
    March 3rd = No running
    March 4th = 3.0 miles

Keep it up ladies !!!!!
  • JC, lo and behold, I finally got the groove and went back to my original shedule to post my exercise, lol keep up the good work everyone, we still have a whole 4 weeks to accomplish our goals!
  • Mar 1 Stationary bike 25 minutes, Aerobics 22 minutes
    Mar 2
    Mar 3
    Mar 4 Stationary bike 35 minutes, Treadmill 25 minutes

dustcatcher
  • You ladies are doing great! GL mom, how about getting some light weight dumbells and doing some strength training with your upper body until your ankle heals.
  • Hi everyone, I am so happy, I just graduated to my old Denise Austin tape (my all time fav.) : ) It felt really good doing that tape again! IT consists of aerobics, toning, and some stretching. Lot's of super upper bod moves.

I decided to just keep posting my ex. here, as it's a bit easier for me instead of going back and forth and also somehow it helps me to just post it by the day (in weekly increments) and not see my whole sched. ahead, lol. Whatever works, right?

I might be cutting my upper s.t to 2x per week for now (I'll see how it goes).

3/1 40 minutes walk
    3/2 not feeling well
    3/3 30 minutes, walk
    15 min. (upper bod toning)
    3/4 30 min. (aerobics)
    3/5 60 min. (D.A complete workout)