Skin Firming Oil

• I just spent the past month as a guinea pig for skin firming oil.

A friend of mine is opening a spa and is trying out various lines of products. I got picked to test Algotherm's Skin Firming Oil, which sells for $57 for a 3.4 oz bottle ( ). It's description reads:

Quote:
    This oil prevents loss of firmness during and after weight loss and pregnancy. Helps to improve elasticity while making skin feel soft and supple. Active ingredients: Spirulina Seaweed + Marine Oil + Vitamin E + Silicium
    So for the past month, I used the skin firming oil on the right side of my body, chin to toes, and my $3.99 for an 18 oz bottle Suave moisturizer on the left side. The 3.4 oz bottle only lasted for a month so the cost per year would be a whopping $684! Was it worth it?

The oil comes in a spray bottle which was messy and hard to spread. My Suave moisturizer smelled nicer and spread easier. And at the end of the month, was there any difference between my right and left sides? Nope! No detectable difference at all. My skin wasn't softer, smoother, or firmer.

My conclusion is to save your money. The cheap stuff will moisturize your skin as well as the expensive (and smell nicer).
  • Thanks for the advice. I usually buy whatever is cheapest except for my face I tend to buy more expensive stuff for that the body stuff is usually too greasy and I break out.
  • Thanks for posting and thanks for being such a dilligent guinea pig.
  • The ONLY skin firming lotion I've ever had luck with was from Bath & Bodyworks but you have to use it twice a day constantly...if you stop, within a couple of days it's all undone. And the results are not major...but it meant the difference of a snug fitting 12 and a comfortable one. >.> Now only if it would mean the difference between a 14 and 12...
  • Quote: The ONLY skin firming lotion I've ever had luck with was from Bath & Bodyworks but you have to use it twice a day constantly...if you stop, within a couple of days it's all undone. And the results are not major...but it meant the difference of a snug fitting 12 and a comfortable one. >.> Now only if it would mean the difference between a 14 and 12...
    Thanks for the tip. I might have to try it....