Are people blind or just trying to be nice?

• I have had 3 people now(all different people at different times and not acquainted with each other) ask me if I lost weight? I really have only lost 5 lbs but I don't feel any different, my clothes don't fit any different either. Are they seeing something I am not seeing or noticing or are they all just trying to be nice?
  • Hi KnCmamma,

Maybe you are losing in the face first? That is the first place I noticed my hubby losing, even before the measuring tape showed inches lost. I would accept their compliments at 'face' value! We are sometimes the last one to really notice our own changes. When I look in the mirror, I don't always see the changes even though the scales and the measuring tape say I'm smaller.
  • I imagine your exercising. When you exercise you create muscle and that could be what they are seeing. I know my family thinks I have lost more weight than I have because I do weights 3 times a week and cardio 5-7 days.
    Enjoy it.
  • Your measurements are most likely different. You're probably in the process of building lean muscle mass and losing fat, which measures and LOOKS much different.
  • I'm wondering if it isn't a little bit of inner confidence coming through. It may be "just" 5 pounds, but I think a little weight loss gives you a boost and maybe you're smiling more and feeling better. Essentially "radiating" a change in attitude as well as weight!
    Is that crazy?
  • Quote: I'm wondering if it isn't a little bit of inner confidence coming through. It may be "just" 5 pounds, but I think a little weight loss gives you a boost and maybe you're smiling more and feeling better. Essentially "radiating" a change in attitude as well as weight!
    Is that crazy?

That's my guess. When we feel great - it shows!
  • I totally agree with Slashnl and Charbar - you're probably glowing with optimism, hope, and self-confidence. People notice that more than you'd think. And maybe their first guess as to the reason is the losing weight thing. Yay for you!
  • I agree with most everyone here. You are heading towards the light- not the darkness- and I am sure everything about you just exudes IT!