Old 02-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 12 Feb - 18 Feb**

Morning all!

Weigh in news first - I have lost another 0.7kg (1.5lbs) on last week. Despite minimal exercise, 2 homemade hamburgers, a big birthday brunch and 2 ice creams - I am surprised but ecstatic that I had a loss.

The weekend was busy. Triathlons, driving, family, cleaning and cooking. It was a beautiful weekend though as the weather has finally cooled down and we spent our time driving around in my boyfriends new car with the sunroof open.

I have planned this week out and apart from a planned indulgence on Wednesday for a special Valentines dinner I am making for my lovah, I am going to be very basic this week. No frills - just good, nutritionally balanced meals.

How was everyone elses weekend?
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Congrats on the loss, Daisy! And they may not be good for you, but I love a good homemade burger every once in a while.

I have been able to to run outside lately and it has been heavenly (although that will be changing soon )

So-so weekend eating-wise. I went a little vegetable crazy at the store today and spent more money than I care to admit, but it will be a nice clean week. I am going into my 5th week of school and haven't eaten campus food once! However, now that I only have academic responsibilities, I've been partying a little too hard. I threw a great party last weekend and I think I'm just trying to ward off the post-party blues! Time to get back to business...
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:04 AM   #3  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on the weight loss, Daisy! That's awesome! Keep up the great work.

So, like I was saying in the other board. I am SO happy that I am feeling better, and can get back to the gym tomorrow. Since I haven't worked out in awhile I am going to take it easy tomorrow. Probably just going to do 40 minutes. I am kind of iffy about getting back into weight training again right now..but..I guess I will start that back up on Tuesday. I will lift a lot less than I was doing before. Obviously I was pushing myself to hard.

Well, gonna go to bed. I am tired. Nite ladies!

Hope all of you had a lovely weekend. :hugs:
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #4  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Congrats on the weight loss!

I had a great weekend. Saturday was Tim's birthday, and we went out to dinner and I had a steak but I had planned for it so I didn't do too bad with calories. Yesterday we had a kinda late breakfast, and ended up eating lunch/dinner at 4:30 and it wasn't so good, fatty greasy food, but I still went under my calorie allowance so it wasn't too bad. I just had a bowl of cereal last night when I got hungry and so the milk would calm my churning stomach. No more hotdogs from that place EVER! I can't tolerate the fatty fast food like I could, and this place we ate isn't even typical fast food, it's burgers and stuff but fresh and less processed. Anywho...I have to get moving soon and get some breakfast, I might walk for part of my 60 minutes today since it will be almost 40 and it's supposed to start snowing pretty heavy the next couple days.

I hope everyone has a great week!

TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:55 PM   #5  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

My weekend was... not awesome. Mom made me feel like crap, which is never fun. So... I shrugged it off and declined to go visit them (I usually go every Sunday).

Didn't lose anything
Not TOTALLY surprised, but I am disappointed. That means since the end of Phase I, three weeks ago, I've only lost 1 measly pound. Something that moderated that disappointment, though was learning that I am down .75" in my stomach, for a total of 2"! I didn't take the rest of my measurements today, that's for next week.

I have to travel for work on Wednesday night/Thursday and I'm SCARED, because I will have VERY LITTLE control over what I get to eat. I'll just do the best I can, I suppose. I really want to lose something this week.

Got on the bike this morning. Felt GREAT!!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #6  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

Luck is definately NOT on my side, ladies. I was outside earlier, looked both ways to cross the street, and moved my neck a certain way..and something SNAPPED. Tracy says I must have slept on it wrong, and tomorrow I should be fine..HOPEFULLY. I miss working out SO much.

Well...gonna go lay down...and rest...somemore...AGAIN... >.<
Old 02-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #7  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Happy Monday Ladies!! Congrats to those who lost weight, to those of us who didn't.. WE WILL LOSE AGAIN SOON!!

Work was seriously busy for me today. This is going to be a hectic week for me. And of course, we have crappy weather! It rained, then it sleeted, and now it's snowing! we're expecting 4-6inches on top of all that wet stuff that is going to freeze. The roads coming home were so bad. UGH! I am soooo sick of winter and it's weather! Although, I must admit, the snowflakes were HUGE today and absolutely beautiful.

1 week and i'll be having surgery. OMG I am soooo nervous.. Sick to my stomach nervous and can't sleep nervous. This is such a huge deal! I go in first thing Monday morning and will be released on Tuesday ... No exercise for at least a week, then minimal exercise for 4-5wks thereafter.. AAHH!!

Hope everyone has a great week!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:09 PM   #8  
Proud US Navy Wife

Hello all!

Well, it's official.. the scale has finally budged again, this time going down to 172! Woo! If I'm very very good this week and next week, then I will be able to have my "I reached 170 so I get to get drunk and order pizza" celebration.. yay! Haha my first real ordering of pizza since I started this back in August. I rock!

Daisy - congrats on the loss! *hugs*

mod - good job on the eating well! I know when I would go babysit my friend's son, I was eating all sorts of junk.

Addicted - don't give up. One pound is one less you have to lose, right? And if in a few weeks there is still no loss, maybe you can go back to Phase 1 for a bit? Just a thought.

Amb - good luck with the surgery! And I know about icky weather, I just cant wait for it to be warm again!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #9  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Great job Fae!! I love the sounds of your celebration!! I can't eat pizza anymore.. It REALLY sucks!! UGH! It used to be one of my absolute fav foods but now it makes me ill. Enjoy it for the both of us!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Congrats Fae!! that's awesome! Get drunk and order pizza night.. boy does that sound like a good time!

Ugh, Brooke, you're really having bad luck huh? I'm so sorry things aren't going well for you.. I wonder what happened? I hope yoru neck feels better soon.

Shelby, I know how discouraging it is when the scale doesn't want to budge. Keep with it though, you're doing great! Look at you, getting on that bike and feeling great You'll be seeing results in no time. What kind of work do you do where you get to travel?

Jen, :horray: for the clean eats!! I remember how gross the food on campus was. I hate how expensive healthy food is!!! And it always goes bad so quickly.. all the more reason to eat it liberally

Ange, congrats on the loss!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Tracy, I'm such a dum dum!! I forgot to answer yours because I was skipping around for some reason. Durr! Sounds like Tim had a nice birthday! Woo hoo.. 40 degrees, heat wave! Gosh I can't believe it's going to snow so much..Phil the groundhog lied to us! Isn't it funny how quickly our bodies will "reject" the foods we've eaten for so long? I was making Nikki cookies for valentine's day and of course had some scraps, and i felt soooo sick to my stomach for the rest of the night.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:03 AM   #12  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

djs06 - It's feeling a bit better. I am sure that it's just a kink in my neck, slept on it wrong..like Tracy said. I should be better by tomorrow. Gonna get my back to the gym!

I just got a self esteem boost by going to mvm.com and looking at my old self at 262lbs compared to what I am now. heh. Makes me want to keep going. Then I compared myself now to being at 160lbs. Jeez. I wish there really was a magic pill....lol!

Well...About to head on to bed. Thought I would stop by & see how everyone was.

Talk to ya'll tomorrow.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #13  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Shelby, I'm sure you'll be fine! Plan ahead, and take some nutritious snacks with you to munch on to keep the hunger away for bad stuff. And even if you do slip up, it's just a couple days and a few of a little extra work will take those right off, as long as you get back on track as soon as you get home again. And remember, the inches can make more difference than the weight because those inches are what makes the clothing fit better.

Amber, surgery isn't so bad. I know it seems like it is, such a big thing going on, but just remember the good it does. Try not to stress out and worry so much because the rest you get before and after make a huge difference in healing. Then you might have a cool scar to show people. Just don't be like my Grandma...my mom constantly had to remind her "Momma, strangers do NOT want to see your mastectomy scar!"

Yay Fae! That just flows off the tongue...I hope you enjoy your pizza. I haven't ordered one in a few weeks, and that was just a tiny one for lunch that lasted a few days. I make my own pizza at home. I make the dough with my bread machine and I'm able to add in some whole wheat flour, then my own sauce from canned tomatoes tomato sauce seasoned up the way I want it and I can pick the better cheese to go on it. You can't tell a difference in taste with the wheat flour, and it makes a perfect crispy soft crust...crisp on the outside, and thicker parts like the outer edge have a soft center. Congrats on the scale!

Dana, it's okay if you missed me a bit. I know lots who would say they wish they had never known about me to begin with The 40 degrees was very nice, especially since we're expecting 3-5 inches of snow today and another 2-4 tonight. The temperature is slowing dropping from about 30 starting this morning to now 28, and should stop at 21 or so. The drop for the low tonight...

Brooke, I'm so glad your neck is feeling better. Now you'll be able to get back into your swing of things, having fun at the Y with Melody...if the weather doesn't keep you in. It's supposed to be everything from blizzard like snow in NY to freezing rain and sleet down into VA. Even DC is getting some rain and stuff.

As for me, I slacked yesterday from being just plain exhausted. I didn't sleep well the night before and it carried over into my body which is rare, but it happens. I still got about 40 minutes in, so I have 35 to make up for this month to meet my goal. I can knock that out on a Saturday while Tim is working and just have a Sunday to rest and relax. Speaking of Tim, he's getting sick and he's so tired and worn out from work. He's been having so many problems lately with this girl that came in a few months ago determined to be a Marine. Everything worked out and she swore in, then was supposed to go to boot camp at the end of January and got a hernia so she had to wait, so they changed the date back and the medical office for the Marines decided she would leave later than her doctor said she could and everytime something changed she said she wouldn't say anything, then she turned around and told her mom who went balistic and started calling MEPS (the medical office place) and her dad somehow got the CO's number (commanding officer) of the devision and tried to call him to bug him and they've called to tell Tim off, as if he can control people higher than him and their daughter, a teenage girl with issues of her own so the girl decides yesterday to walk in and tell him she wants to pull out and not go at all. He's more stressed about the crap her and her parents are pulling than having her back out because they don't need flaky teenage girls in the military. She even got a promise ring from a guy that came back to the area for a few weeks in December that ended up stealing a pair of socks IN UNIFORM because he lacked the self discipline to dress himself properly. He disobeyed a signed agreement that he would not get involved with any poolee (person joining) and it was found out after he was sent back to his command early from the discipline problems. People like this are just sad and pathetic to me. My poor husband is having to deal with that and other mess and then he gets sick and he just needs a break but can't have one. I hate this place...
And that is my feel-better rant. Now I will go watch tv and cut out coupons, and later this morning have some breakfast and get my exercise out of the way. If I don't do an hour today, I give permission to anyone around to hunt me down and

TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #14  
Chuggin' along...

Hey everyone,

The weekend was nice and sunny, but a little chilly, here. BF took me fishing and we bundled up and caught our dinner - fish 4 nights in a row. We laugh b/c in the wintertime we actually get sick of fish. Since it's his off-season we have to catch more of our food out of budgetary necessity. Last night he was busy so I had a lean cuisine pizza - no fish! Hehe.

I think I'm really getting addicted to aerobics classes at the gym! I started doing them in December to prep for my sis's wedding and haven't stopped. The only problem is they're only offered 2 weeknights. The other classes are during the day when I work. I've started to skip/shift other commitments so I can get to my class! (Even though I would be able to get to the gym and work out on my own at other times). Is that weird? I think I'm going to run a 5k that's in 3 weeks. I hope it's not too cold like it was last year.

Tracy, I hope you're able to catch up on your rest and exercise. Sorry your husband is dealing with some really annoying stuff. I don't want that flaky teenage girl in the military, either!

muzikjunky, glad your neck is feeling better.

Fae, congrats on the loss! Get drunk and eat pizza - yum! I did that last Tuesday, and it was lots of fun.

amb_lyn, good luck on your surgery. I'll be thinking of you.

RidiculouslyAddicted, I don't know if food will be provided for you or you must go forth and find it, but I have faith you can stay OP! I don't know what plan you're following, but when I travel for work I always bring as much food with me as I can (meaning I will bring my breakfast and lunch for the day I leave), and try to bring at least breakfast (instant oatmeal can be made with hot water run through a coffeemaker in a hotel room, or the lobby will have hot water for tea at 96% of hotels), and non-refrigerated snacks like apples, bananas, granola bars, etc. That way I can provide myself with breakfast and snacks to supplement/replace unhealthy parts of meals that may be provided for me at conferences I go to. Fast food is a different story, but there are some suprisingly decent options out there. Of course at the last conference I went to I ended up buying lean cuisine and steam fresh veggies and microwaving them in my hotel room - but I was lucky to have a microwave.

Oops look I wrote a lot about eating on the road. Sorry if I got carried away.

Hi to everyone else!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #15  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Amber, if you don't mind my asking, what are you having surgery for?

Fae, that's AWESOME about being so close to your goal! I promised myself that after I get halfway to my goal weight, I would give myself a meal a week where I can eat ANYTHING I want (and I intend to make that first meal a GOOD one!! LOL). I'm so jealous...

Dana, I don't travel often at all (maybe once or twice a year), but I'm a psychological assistant for an organizational psychologist. Basically, we do leadership training, help organizations with hiring/firing/promotion decisions, etc.

Tracy, YUCKY situation for your hubby? SO? to be in! Hope that gets resolved. Sounds like your head needs the exercise today just as much as your body! Don't you find the exercise just clears everything up a little?

Megan, that's so cool that you want to run a 5K. Is it going to be your first? I'm trying to get up the guts to walk the 3-day walk for the cure in August (I think). Thankfully there's lots of time for that!

Food will be provided to me while I'm there. Am I even allowed to bring food on the plane? I have no idea what the rules are now. I'm on South Beach, so my options are pretty limited. I can't bring instant oatmeal or granola bars... I was thinking maybe I'd bring (rules permitting, of course) an apple, 1/2 cup of Fibre 1 cereal, and 1 serving of almonds. That should be okay. I won't be going back to my hotel room at all while we're there -- our day on Thursday goes from 7 a.m. till 6 p.m. I hope they have some healthy food choices catered in!! I guess I have to learn to live in the real world at some point, right? I'd just rather have lost more than 10 pounds before I do it!

Hope everyone has an AWESOME day!
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote