How do you weigh yourself?

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I weigh almost daily (nekkid, first thing in the morning) because I dont care about fluctuations. Actually I have gotten to the point where it is exciting to me to say...HEY the high has been below X for a whole week too! Although I only count lows.

I am amazed at how much difference just a couple hours makes. My normal wake up time when I run is 5 am. But if I can sleep in I will. The difference between weighing at 5 am and weighing at 8:30 am is almost always over a pound (less later)

My usual pattern over the course of a week is low on thursday-saturday adn then sunday or monday my weight climbs up and then it takes tuesday and wednesday to come back down to the previous weeks weight and then try for a new low. Related to hard workout days and light workout days.
  • I am with you all, morning nekked after peeing. If I have already have had coffee I know I can't weigh myself, it just wouldnt be accurate LOL My hubby caught me weighing my clothes yesterday, I couldnt believe that my clothes weighed 8 lbs LOL He happened to come in in freezing weather without a shirt on so I was able to head of his questioning with my own "why arent you dressed?" haha I guess he had gotten his shirt dirty at his job (its a gross job). I have a digital scale that reads to the 1/2 lb but I swear it reads lbs different each time I step on so I use the least one It has body fat too but I have yet to start measuring that daily
  • I weigh myself once a day. Soon after I wake up. After I pee. Before I eat or drink. Naked. It has to be naked and my scale is placed on the XXL clothing sticker than got stuck to my wooden floor- and won't come off. If I carry my clothes and accessories onto the scale with me- instant extra 8 lbs (my boots weigh 4.5).
  • I am the same as everyone. Pee first, turn on shower, take off clothes, weigh self, yell at the scale, weigh self again, then shower.
  • My scale is digital
    It shows even in tenths of a pound and there's usually not much difference between 163.4 to 163.8, so I round them off to the higher weight just so I keep myself motivated.

I just got back from school and weighed myself -163.0 lbs. Had a big bowl of soup and it's 164.0. LOL
  • This thread has me LOL. How comforting to know that I'm not the only one who has to weigh on the same tile each day. I weigh every day just before getting in the shower. Sometimes I weigh again at night. My scale broke recently and I had to buy a new one. It was quite tramatic!

Hello - my name is Ashley and I'm a scale addict
  • Hello Ashley
  • Quote: I am amazed at how much difference just a couple hours makes. My normal wake up time when I run is 5 am. But if I can sleep in I will. The difference between weighing at 5 am and weighing at 8:30 am is almost always over a pound (less later).
    I've found this to be true as well. My normal wake up time is 8 or 9 AM but every once in a while I'll have to get up at around 4 or 5 AM. On those days, I have to mentally prepare myself for the fact that my weight is going to be higher than usual (sometimes even 2 lbs higher).

I weigh twice a day, just before I go to bed and just after I wake up. Always naked and after peeing. Sometimes if I work out in the morning, I'll weigh myself when I get back because I know my weight will be super low (I don't eat before I work out in the morning and I will have sweated out a lot of water).
  • ??? I'm not a freak ya mean? I love this thread.

I actually don't trust the tile floor- mine has small tiles and isn't flat enough - I do it on the hardwood floor. Same plank of course. I leave my socks on because I live in the Antarctic.

I've seen my weight go up 5lbs overnight for no reason aside from maybe PMS. I used to weigh every day but couldn't stand the fluctuations and slow downward/nonexistent movement. That last 5lb gain sent me on a binge. I'd just hit my low during a very long plateau and then the next day up 5 again!??!!

These days I weigh Tues, Wed, Thrs and take an average. Had I only weighed once a week, say my weigh day was Tues - my loss would have been 4lbs This week. Same for Wednesday. Thrs it would have been 1.5lbs. My loss from last weeks average to this weeks was 3.3lbs. I'll take that!
  • I gained 3 pounds since yesterday morning when I last weighed. I attribute that to the chinese food we ate around 10pm last night. I always have at least one really high day of more than 2100 calories, and the scale always goes up the next day. This just makes me want to do way better today.
  • this is so funny.... I as well weigh every morning, pre-breakfast & coffee, post peeing and actually post shower (quite frankly before the shower wakes me up i'm too groggy most days to find the scale and move it out)...also nekkid I have no special tile since I don't have tile...its old crappy linoleum but I do line it up with the door frame so it is in the same place every day. Fluctuations generally don't bug me, as long as I don't end up on a continuously up trend which hasn't happened yet. I have not been to the doctors yet since I started but I'm due for the OBGYN in March so I think the first time I'll look at the scale, even if it doesn't match mine at home it'll be the first time I've been weighed by a doctor where my weight has gone down in about 10 years. Also... I know my starting weight on my charts will probably be more than what it was at home. I spent years at the doctors closing my eyes and ignoring my weight problem, and surprisingly no doctor ever told me I should lose weight either. For me I know I just can't ignore it.
  • NESunshine, you've lost a lot so far! Are you the one who was drinking a lot and eating lots of fast food and changed everything overnight? If so, still at it I see..good for you!
  • Thank God I aien't the only one weighing myself pre-morning, morning, afternoon, evening and nights!
  • Hehe, we're all crazy. I do the same thing as everybody here. And if I have one sip of water in the morning beforehand, I can't weigh myself. Because that one sip could make the number skyrocket

On another topic--how often is too often to weigh yourself? I used to read articles that said to only do it once a week to not make yourself crazy, but now they are coming out with studies that say that people who weigh themselves daily have a better chance of maintaining a lower weight.
  • I weigh myself in my boxers just before bed. Usually that is when I weigh the most during the day so I get a kind of "worst case scenario" view.

I wear my boxers when I weigh in so I feel like a prizefighter getting weighed in before a boxing match.