worried about what my body will look like after..

• I am classed as obese, and have the 'lovely' obese tummy apron (i'm not sure what the proper word for it is?)...

I weigh 108kg & need to lose 50kg (ideally 58!) to get to my healthy weight range, but i'm so worried about what my body is going to look like when I have LOST the weight.... I'm going to have so much loose skin... i'm probably going to look just as yick as I do now, if not worse!

I'm not rich - I can't afford to get cosmetic surgery to remove the excess skin.

It's not putting me off losing the weight, by any means, but it is something thats in the back of my mind.

Are there anythings i can do to minimise the excess skin??? (i'm guessing no..)..

thanks.......
  • Welcome!

Check out the Skin FAQ thread...it has all the info you need and more.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040
  • Exercise helps to tone. I also feel that massaging lotions on the skin helps to keep it supple and that a tan can help to minimize the appearance of stretch marks. But regardless of how much loose skin you have, there's no way you would look like you do now. Just think about it, you can hide loose skin under clothes, can you hide a obesity under them?
  • I use to have those same fears. I wanted to lose the weight and nothing was going to stop me, but it was always in the back of my mind that my skin might not bounce back like I wanted. I'm young, so I had that on my side, But I have been big all my life so I know my skin isn't going to recover perfectly.

But I figure, it don't bother me what my skin looks like. Who is gonna see it anyways? the only people who will see it. (such as a doctor, family or other half) won't care. I will be healthy, and being healthy has always been higher on the list than looks.
  • Exercise does wonders - toned muscles under loose skin look MUCH better than just loose skin. Patience helps, too - it takes a while for your skin to catch up to your loss.
  • I would rather have loose skin and be at a healthy weight then not have loose skin and be obese.

Of course, if I would have liked to never have gotten obese in the first place, but it's a bit too late for that. So I will just have to deal with the above scenario.
  • Quote: I would rather have loose skin and be at a healthy weight then not have loose skin and be obese.
    that's very true.. and i DO feel that way.... at the end of the day, if i can reach my goal weight, i'm going to be 10x healthier than i am now!! and that is what really does matter