Geez, I've got to watch quantities on fitday

• I couldn't figure out why my calorie count was so high. (over 1200) I went back in to see if I'd listed something twice, as I often do.

Nope! It put in 1 liter and I thought I'd put in 2 tbls of something. I didn't. Once I got that fixed I found I was back within a reasonable range.

Does anyone else run into this?
  • I don't have that problem often...but I'm kinda concerned...1200 is HIGH? That's generally considered the MINIMUM healthy calorie intake...
  • Yes, all the time. I think that is one of the reasons I gave up on fitday and went back to writing it down. I plug in all the food and then have to tweak each one to get the right thing. I mean, goodness, who on earth will eat a whole liter of salad dressing or one leaf of lettuce--that's what fitday used as the most common measurements. I suppose I could build in my own (and I have in some cases) and then the amounts would be correct.
  • Salad dressing, olive oil, cottage cheese, a whole bag of frozen peas ... yup. I've had some pretty extraordinary numbers some days
  • Once you use a food though the next time you use it, the amount you used last time is the default....or is it only on the download it does that.
  • The online default for mayo is 1 liter.

I have lots of little heart attacks thanks to Fitday.
  • I use the downloaded version, and the default is whatever measure and value I used last. So for mayonnaise, it's tablespoon, and then I put in how much of a tablespoon (usually a half or a third)--and so on.

(1200 is not high for a whole day. But for one meal, yeah--argh!)

Jay
  • I always have fun when adding in olive oil that I cooked with...I'll look at my cals and go WHAT?? And then realize, oh, it's okay, it just thinks I ate a cup of olive oil.

1200 cals for a meal? I must have misunderstood.
  • oh yeah, that 9k meal for lunch today. WHAT THE BLAZES??? Oh, yeah not a liter of olive oil, a mere half tablespoon. I do it regularly
  • Quote: I always have fun when adding in olive oil that I cooked with...I'll look at my cals and go WHAT?? And then realize, oh, it's okay, it just thinks I ate a cup of olive oil.
    You would be VERY regular.......
  • *giggle*
  • Quote: I don't have that problem often...but I'm kinda concerned...1200 is HIGH? That's generally considered the MINIMUM healthy calorie intake...
    I was unclear. It was 1200 for that one item.

& I do agree. You would be regular.