Baked Chicken Quesadillass

• Hi All,
    I am looking for a Recipe that was in a WW Cookbook. Its Called "Baked Chicken Quesadilla".
    I cant find it anywhere know. I hope that someone out there can help find it.. Thanks!

Cindy
  • Baked Quesadilla
    Dear Cindy:
    This isn't a chicken recipe, but I'm sure it can be adapted. It's from the WW website; 9 total points.

Ingredients with POINTS
    1 cup onion(s) chopped (0)
    1 cup sweet red pepper(s) chopped (0)
    2 medium flour tortilla(s), 6-inch (4)
    2 1/2 oz cooked lean beef steak cut into strips (3)
    2 Tbsp salsa (0)
    1 oz low-fat cheddar or colby cheese shredded (1)
    2 cup mixed greens (0)
    2 Tbsp diet Italian salad dressing (1)

Instructions
    Preheat broiler. Season onion and pepper to taste and broil until tender. Remove from broiler and set oven temperature to 350°F. Lay one tortilla on a baking sheet and place onion, pepper, beef, salsa and cheese on top. Lay other tortilla on top of filling and bake until heated through and cheese is bubbly. Serve with salad tossed with dressing.
  • I'm not sure if this is the recipe but here's an excellent recipe that i found online:

Weight Watchers Chicken Quesadillas recipe
    Makes 10 servings

Ingredients
    1 lb boneless chicken breasts
    1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
    1/2 lb cheddar cheese, Shredded
    10 8-inch flour tortillas

Preparation
    1. Broil the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside. Cool and then shred or cube the chicken.
    2. Mix chicken, salsa and cheese in a bowl.
    3. Place 1/10th of the mixture on half of the tortilla, fold over and press down slightly to "seal". You can moisten the edges with water to help the edges seal
    4. Bake at 400°F for about 5 minutes or until tortillas start to brown.
    5. Serve with additional salsa, sour cream, or guacamole for dipping.
    6. Goes well with refried beans and/or Spanish Rice.

WW POINTS per serving: 6
    Nutritional information per serving: 291 calories, 12.2g fat, 2.4g fiber

I make it with wheat tortillas, FF Cheddar cheese, sometimes I add in some taco sauce, LF/FF refried beans... They are delicious... If you use wheat and FF cheese the point servings will be different. My friend made them the other night with white wheat tortillas, FF cheese, FF refried beans, some taco sauce and all the other ingredients: made ten at about 5 points each.
    So good and So easy and quick...
  • Quote: I'm not sure if this is the recipe but here's an excellent recipe that i found online:

Weight Watchers Chicken Quesadillas recipe
    Makes 10 servings

Ingredients
    1 lb boneless chicken breasts
    1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
    1/2 lb cheddar cheese, Shredded
    10 8-inch flour tortillas

Preparation
    1. Broil the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside. Cool and then shred or cube the chicken.
    2. Mix chicken, salsa and cheese in a bowl.
    3. Place 1/10th of the mixture on half of the tortilla, fold over and press down slightly to "seal". You can moisten the edges with water to help the edges seal
    4. Bake at 400°F for about 5 minutes or until tortillas start to brown.
    5. Serve with additional salsa, sour cream, or guacamole for dipping.
    6. Goes well with refried beans and/or Spanish Rice.

WW POINTS per serving: 6
    Nutritional information per serving: 291 calories, 12.2g fat, 2.4g fiber

I make it with wheat tortillas, FF Cheddar cheese, sometimes I add in some taco sauce, LF/FF refried beans... They are delicious... If you use wheat and FF cheese the point servings will be different. My friend made them the other night with white wheat tortillas, FF cheese, FF refried beans, some taco sauce and all the other ingredients: made ten at about 5 points each.
    So good and So easy and quick...
    Thanks so much! cant wait to try it! :-)
  • How many slices do you cut them into and how many slices=serving?
  • Quote: How many slices do you cut them into and how many slices=serving?
    I'm guessing each one is a serving - recipe calls for 10 tortillas & says it makes 10 servings.

Sounds like a good recipe!
  • Must make some....Yummy