Weekly Exercise 1/28-2/3

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hope y'all don't mind if I get the new thread started
    Today it was 30 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes treadmill, 20 minutes stairmill, 25 minutes weights.
  • Wow, Sunshine, you had a great exercise day!

I just did the 30 min 2 mile WATP tape. I'd been laying around all day, putting it off, and finally said, "Girl, just get up and do it!" Even better - my 8 year old son (who is a bit overweight) did it with me!
  • I did the 2 mile WATP video early, early in the morning and just completed it again now. I also did 2 sets of 45 sit ups and a bunch of leg and arm work.
  • I tried to get cute and pulled out one of my FIRM tapes... Uh uh, not yet. LOL. I lasted 10 mins! I love the tapes though, and I hope to get back to them soon. But I really need to build up my strength and endurance. So I went back to WATP for the day. I'll try again next week.
  • I went to curves today - 30 minutes for me.......

I am almost back to normal after being so sick last week.... I think I am going to try and bump it to 45 minutes tomorrow.....
  • I am proud to tell you that I made 32 minutes on the bike today that is 2 minutes more then yesterday. Keep going until I hit 60 minutes a day. Also did 25 crunches today.
  • Last night 60 minutes on the elliptical
  • 30 minute walk first thing this morning.
  • Wow NESunshine you get the golden crown for cardio today!! Well done everyone on all their hard work.

I exercised at home today doing my version of circuit training - this involves running up and down a reebok step for ten mins/ doing resistance work with dumbells/ medicine ball/ lunging for 10 mins / then another interval of stepping with light weights....and so on. Did an hour and a quarter in total and looked like I'd been hosed down at the end of it!

EM
  • That sounds like a great workout, EnglishMuffin!! Sometimes our "homemade" workouts are the best ones! We know what makes us sweat!

I did nothing the last two days, not even my usual Sunday yoga, because I've had a horrible cold. I'm not completely better, but I went to the gym anyway (in fact I'm there now, waiting for my husband to finish) and did 3.2 miles on the treadmill. 2 miles were running. Getting ready for another group run on Saturday -- this one is 3 miles! Scary!
  • Yesterday was my "off-day".

Today I did a Biggest Loser workout - it was fun..... afterwards I did my sit-ups on the exercise ball. So about 40 minutes total for me.... yay
  • Today I did 10 min on the recumbent bike, 20 min on the elliptical, and a 60 min bodysculpting class.
  • Did my 30 minutes on the bike yesterday. Not feeling well today so I am playing that by ear.
  • Colleen, hope you feel better soon.

Well I am back, feeling better. PMS had me down and tired, but I got a good night's rest last night. Got up this morning and did 30 mins of WATP.
  • Did my 30 minute walk outside at 6:30 am. You know, I really do enjoy that first thing in the morning. I tried the Denise Austin walking DVD - it was ok - I prefer getting my walk outside though - seems like more of a workout for me.

How do you ladies like the "Biggest Looser" exercise DVDs? Which ones do you have and what do you like about it? I am thinking of getting it, but wasn't sure if it is a good one or not. I am obviously new to the working out stuff, so I could use some advice. Which ones are a good work out that I can actually DO?? (and thanks in advance for any help here!)