DAILY THREAD - AWOL returns

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi Guys! Yup, I've been AWOL all week, because our internet at home has packed up and since I've been working there, I haven't been able to get online at all. Boo! But I have just caught up on all the posts and can't even begin to reply, so I shall just say

hippo birdy two ewes
    hippo birdy two ewes
    hippo birdy deeeeeeeeeeeeer Ki-im
    hippo birdy two ewes

YIPPEE! HAppy Birthday! I hope it isn't too sad a day. MAybe you could have an official birthday later in the year (like the Queen) ...

Belle - sorry about the rough time you're having at work, but look on this as a great opportunity. What's your ideal job? What would you really like to be doing?

Ali, Jen - feel better soon!

Everyone else, hugs, and hopefully we'll get our connection back at home and I will be here more. I wonder how Kirsty's doing on her cruise ... Oh! Guess, what, yesterday I went out for a really long walk and picked a TON of blackberries and then I came home and made blackberry jam, which was a first for me and SO yummy. My mouth is watering now just thinking about it!

hugs,
    Lxxx
  • Here are some new pics of Emma to brighten your day!!!
  • And here is another one...
  • Jen: Great great pictures of cute Emma.

Lolly: You really are getting domestic. Wow, how do you even start to know how to make jam? But sounds like fun.

I did well with food yesterday and I am adding days to my water arobics class. I really love it.

Oh, and I signed up for a breast feeding class at the hospital. It is only a one day seminar but they ask that your hubby or partner come with you. Hubby was thrilled (LOL). He is liek, why do I have to go? Anyway, hope I can do the breastfeeding thing.

Need to get back to work. Hello to eveyone.

Trish
  • Happy Birthday Kim!!
    Trish: I went to my best friend's breastfeeding class with her since her hubby had to work. Needless to say, it was very interesting! BUT very very informative! You'll be really glad you went!
    Getting back to work!
  • Morning all, I'm tired today. It's dark and raining here (basically winter in Vancouver) and I have to go to the police on my lunch break to show them where my car got hit over a week ago. It was an evil hit and run with very minimal damage but they still want to see it so that will be a paniced lunch break. ANyway - lots of work to do before then.
    Lolly - welcome back
    Jen - cute pics
    stacey - Hi there
    Trish - I've gone to the class with a friend of mine too. I learned a lot - it'll be good that both of you can go.

Hi to everyone else, and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!!!

KT
  • Trish, I asked hubby to go with me and he did. He was the olny guy that showed up, but I was glad he did. He really helped me when I need it! Yah, your hubby with be uncomfortable, but tell him that you need this. B-feeding is not as easy as it looks for first timers. TRUST ME. I was able to do it for 4 months, but not with out my hubby helping because I as ready to give up! I miss it tho because it is a wonderful bonding experience.

GOOD LUCK!

Lolly.... YUM, Jam. I made Strawberry/Rhubarb this year. YUMM! Sure beats the boughten stuff!

Jen
  • Have I mentioned how much I love you guys?
    Thank you all. All your birthday wishes really made my day. Everyone here at work seems to have forgotten it's my birthday. But that's OK. I've gotten calls already from my b/f, sister, dad and a friend from high school. My mom is still in town — through the weekend — so of course I got a happy birthday from her. It's funny, usually I don't give a hoot about my birthday, but I just feel so emotional right now for lots of different reasons (PMS is one), and it helps to know people care about you.

Does that make sense?

p/s Lolly, love your idea of celebrating like the Queen ...

Jen: Those pics of Emma are adorable! I love the one with the pumpkins.

Question to all you moms or moms-to-be: You really need breastfeeding classes? Wow. You learn something new every day. I had no idea. Of course, it makes sense!

Interesting note: Yesterday at the funeral, my mom and b/f's mom had a brief conversation about how much they both want grandchildren. You'd think b/f would get the hint and propose to me already so we could get a move on!

Well, I'm off to find lunch. I have no idea how I've been doing food-wise, lately, but probably not very well. Lots of take-out, because there hasn't been time for much else. Tonight, my mom's making me dinner. B/f has to work. I won't even see him today. He stayed overnight at his mom's and is on his way back now ... but he'll go directly to work, and will get home at his usual time of 2 a.m. or so. He's off tomorrow, though, and I'm taking my free birthday day from the company tomorrow.

I'll check back in later ...
  • Hey, cool ... a little birthday symbol is near my name today! I didn't do it, honest! Must be a 3FC thing.
  • Thursday funny, worth a look!!!
    http://www.madblast.com/oska/humor_warnings.swf

Kim - I sent you an e-card, did you get it?

Belle
  • Hey Girls
    HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY BIRRRTHDAY KIM!!!!!!!
    I love birthdays tho not numbers lol
    A big slice of points free cake for you
    Jen Omg Emmas GORGEOUS looks just like her mom ;D

Lolly can I come over for some JAm?

This weeks been scary for me
    on monday my uni Rutgers had an Anthrax scare (turned out to be Glue residue) and Today UCD has one Im praying its a hoax its all to scary at the mo
    my eatings so so and exercise is non existent but i'm having fun
    i should be here for a while more so i'll post back in a bit
  • Happy Kim's Day!
    Hi Ya chickkees!

How is everyone's day today? I had the most boring morning at work today. I didn't have one single client so I hung out reading until the deliveries were done. Then I came hoem early. Woohoo

I was so rushed today I ended up having McDonald's for breakfast! I haven't done that in forever. Now I have to be good for the rest of the day. DF has the day off so we're going to catch a matinee so we can be home in time for Survivor!

Kim-Super Happy B-day to you! I hope it turns out better than you expect.

Lolly-good to see you. I love blackberry jam! I've never had it homemade though. I don't think I have ever seen a blackberry growing wild in Saskatchewan. Growing up it used to be a big thing to help my Grandma with jam making. My absolute favorite is Chokecherry Jelly, followed by my Grandma's Raspberry Jam-none other tastes as good!

Jen-Emma is such a sweetie! She is soooo adorable! Are you going to dress her up as something cute for Halloween? That would be so fun!

Trish-breast-feeding class would be so interesting. I hope you learn lots.

Kt, Sorry to hear about your car. I hope everything works out. The weather here is crap today too. It has been so windy lately-just reminding us what winter is going to be like.

Kier-that's super scary about your school. Everyone is so freaked out about it now. I hope that its mostly over-reaction.

Hi Belle & Stacey! Hi to everyone else! Have a super day!

-Rina
  • I am making a costume for Emma. Winnie the poo in a hunny pot. I will take lots of pictures. I hope I get it done. I haven't really started it since I was so sick. YIKES
  • OK troops - Just had my car looked at and you'll never believe this - to fix, it will cost $318.65!!! I was stunned. I'm in canada so to give all you internationals an idea of how much that is, I make just over $100.00 a day before taxes. My rent (which is cheap because I live with my sister) is $300 a month. SO basically, I'm not going to fix it. it's really only a 5 inch long scratch in the front bumper and you can't see it unless you look close anyway. But still, I was shocked. Now I can see why the guy didn't leave a note after he hit me. WEll, back to the salt mines.
    KT
    PS - Jen - I've seen the pattern for the costume, it'll be soo cute!
  • KT: Won't your insurance cover it? I hate car repairs. I think a little over $300 sounds good. I was in an accedent last year in the Mercedes and it cost like $2,000 to fix it. Yikes. And it still has a check engine light on. Oh well.

Kier: Don't worry about the anthrax scares. I think most places have had many. I know that in Peoria it has mostly turned out to be non-dairey creamer someone spilled or something equally as harmless that happens all the time but noone ever noticed before. Now I am not saying not to call if you see something, but I think most will turn out to be nothing.

Ok, I have to go home now. Hope you had a great b-day Kim!

Trish