Planning for Wednesday January 24

• my calories were a tad higher today then I have been aiming for (like 50) - but lots of days last week were lower, so it works out i guess

B- yogurt; english muffin with half a tbsp of peanut butter
    S- coffee; two rice cakes with half a tbsp of peanut butter (can you believe I just re-disvoered this now? a year in, haha - low in cal!)
    L- slim fast shake with skim milk; salad (lettuce, cucumber, tad of cheese and dressing)
    S- yogurt and fruit soure bar
    D- uh dunno
    W- 4L
    E- 60-75min

I might have two mini begals and scrambled eggs for breakfast instead... ill see how i feel in the morning
  • B - Go Lean cereal with soy milk
    S - Tea or coffee with splenda and milk
    L - Egg and salmon salad on multi-grain bread; spinach, cucumber, strawberry salad with balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and lemon pepper; papadum chips
    S - not sure, either a protein brownie if I get around to making them or an energy bar
    S - NF yogurt with blueberries and blackberries
    D - sushi!

Exercise: one hour with trainer, yay!
  • Brekky
    toast, banana, cottage cheese

Snack
    3 quorn sausages, apple, few grapes

GYM? Maybe if the snow's not too bad - I don't feel like it though
    EDIT: Went to gym, worked out - wasn't in the mood but got a good workout anyway.

Lunch
    turkey sandwich, apple, grapes/cherries

Snack
    2 quorn sausages & protein shake, any left over fruit

Dinner
    cottage cheese pancakes
  • B-raisin bran, skim milk, banana
    S-skim latte
    L-turkey wrap
    D-chicken breast, green beans
    E-ran 3 miles, walked 1.5 miles already done for the day.
  • B- english muffin, egg white, ham and ff cheese slice,clementine
    S-ff pudding
    L-salad w/ low cal french dressing & roast beef sandwich maybe?
    S-string cheese & 2 clementines
    D-chicken breast w/ salsa, asparagus, & leftover rice
    S-100 cal bag of popcorn
    water- 3.5 L
    exercize- walking to get the mail
  • Where is Jillybean????
  • No scale movement lately so I really hope I stick to today's plan and see that scale budge tomorrow.

kashi go lean hot cereal w/ 1 cup blueberries
    subway turkey & cheese sandwich w/ veggies & vinegar
    FF yogurt w/ 1 tablespoon walnuts
    baked chicken w/ barbeque marinade w/ 1/2 cup rice cooked in veg broth
    1 cup blackberries w/ 1/4 cup FF milk

Jilly, if you're reading this, what marinades do you use on your baked chicken. When I looked in the store (I shop at a store w/ whole foods, gourmet and commercial) most of the marinades were very high in calories, so I settled on the barbeque, which was pretty good.

Any other suggestions for lo-cal marinades for baked chicken would be appreciated.
  • Pre Gym Snack - 1/2 a medium banana - was old and mushy so couldn't manage it all

Breakfast - steel cut oats w/raisins, 1% milk, coffee

Snack - cottage cheese, apple and apricot compote

Lunch - Turkey Burgers with olives and feta cheese, mixed baby spinach salad, home made vinaigrette, 6oz cherries

Snack - laughing cow light triangle, 6 x triscuits

Dinner - venison chilli, brown rice, broccoli

Water - 3 liters+

Exercise - what a frustrating morning. I've been having these pains in my calves when I run and this morning they were so bad I could only manage 1.5 miles before I had to stop. I used the elliptical for 30 minutes afterwards. They don't hurt now, just feel very sore. I hope it's not my new running shoes . Very annoyed that I didn't get a full run in.
  • Good morning ladies! I know that I've been MIA for a little bit, but I am committed to posting here to assist me in being accountable...

B (7:50am): 1/3c cooked steel cut oats mixed w. 1/3 egg beaters w. splenda and 1/2 med. banana= 220cal.

S (10:30am): 1 med orange= 80cal

L (1:00pm): 6oz tuna w. mixed vegies= 170cal

S (4:00pm): 4oz f.f cottage cheese mixed w. 2oz f.f yogurt= 120cal

D (7:30pm): leftover miso lentil soup w. amy's california veggie burger= 250cal

S (8:30): 2c puffed kalmut cereal w. 2c almond breeze unsweetened milk=160cal

Wk: I am still recovering from a stress fracture in my leg so I've been really focusing on yoga. I do lift weights a couple of times per week. That's the reason why my calories are somewhat low. It is really hard loosing weight when you can't do much of any cardio. I am only allowed to do the stationary bike and I have to stay seated...
  • Day 1 of week 4

b - scrambled eggs (1 whole egg, 2 egg whites), toast, oj

s - fruit gel

l - lean cuisine, apple

s - popcorn

e - 40 minutes strength
    e - If I'm up to it, 30-45 min on the elliptical at the gym.

d - homemade chicken wings, salad, zucchini
  • I've been MIA too, yogachick. Mostly because I'm ashamed of my eating habits from last week.

I love whosever exercise plan was to walk and get mail... Hahaha...

B - 1 tortilla (flour) with 1 egg, basil and oregano + 1/4 cup of cheese (I love cheese)

S - 1 banana

L - 2 slices veggie pizza
    Water

S - ff yogie
    rice and curry

D - Dunno.

Exercise: Um. Yeah...walking to get my mail...
  • Quote: Any other suggestions for lo-cal marinades for baked chicken would be appreciated.
    Just about any salad dressing makes a good marinade. Try a low-calorie italian or vinaigrette.

Here is an Indian-style marinade that comes out fantastic:
    1/2 cup NF plain yogurt
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tsp dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp poultry seasoning (salt-free)
    1/2 tsp ground tumeric
    1/4 tsp ground coriander
    1/4 tsp ground ginger
    1/8 tsp ground black pepper

Can be used to marinate 1 to 1.5 lbs chicken. You can marinate the chicken in this for 4 to 24 hours. If you eat the chicken in 4 servings, the marinade adds no more than 20 calories per serving (and possibly less, depending on how much of it you end up eating).
  • Barbara, thank you so much for the marinade recipe. That sounds delish! I hadn't thought of using plain yogurt for a base, but of course its wonderful in Indian food.
  • ok I did have a plan so hear it is
    b-1/3 grapefruit
    l-peas
    d-chicken green beans,

No work out today
    I trying to let my foot get better

I will do better tomorrow.