Fast Track Detox Diet

• Hi everyone -

Has anyone tried this diet. It's an 11-day diet. Seems fairly straight forward with regular food with portion control and having some smoothie that seems not so bad. Had a friend try it and lost 8 pounds in 11 days. She loved it because it jumpstarted her diet.

She only did the diet for 11 days and then went on to a regular sensible diet. I'm just wondering if any of you out there has tried it and if it was just a fluke that it worked for my friend.

Thanks all!
  • It is a common occurrence that if you start any diet, you will lose quite a few lbs in the first couple weeks. Mostly that is water weight. Low sodium diets are especially prone to a dramatic weight loss in the first couple weeks. So the phenomenon isn't unusual. I personally don't know anything about that particular diet though.
  • Hi Nelie -

Thanks for the quick response. I've been really doing a great job exercising this new year and have been watching what I eat. I'm not looking for a quick-fix scheme here but am definitely looking for something to jumpstart my better eating habits and let's be honest, seeing some results like that is always motivating. I have no desire to stay on this diet longer than the 11-days.

Anyone else have any experience with this diet?
  • I've done other detox diets, but not this one. It looks sensible, though.
    There's an article on it here:
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Detox-Diet...rack&id=180400
  • I personally would not recommend this plan. The diet was profiled on 20/20 and they asked some of the nations top health and nutrition experts (from Yale, Mayo Clinic, etc) for their opinions, and the comments were shocking. They advised against the diet.

I posted it here if you want to read their comments -
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...79&postcount=8
  • Hi Suzanne -

Thanks for the very interesting link and read. It was very interesting to read and I definitely agree any diet like that long term is never good for anyone. I'm looking at it to jumpstart myself and get off the sugars -- my enemy!

I can see why they were bashing it since it's called a one day diet but it's 11 days actually...but who would believe a one-day diet anyway. One day of being good would never stick with me. I'm just hoping to get a little disciplined for the 11 days and hope after that time I can get on track to a healthier lifestyle. Right now I got the workouts going every day -- just need to get my food in-take under control.

How about anyone else? I would still be curious to hear of any personal stories on this diet?
  • When I said it sounded sensible, I meant in comparison to other detoxes which sound ridiculous, there's a lemonade one I've heard of that sounds ghastly. You have lemonade and syrup...? At least this one incorporates food Sorry if I gave the wrong advice!
  • I had a friend who detoxed before having going to a wedding, and she did experience some quick weight loss short term (as noted by others, mostly water weight), but as soon as she resumed normal, sensible eating and drinking the water weight came back -- so, no, I wouldn't recommend this either - why bother such an unhealthful behavior for a weight yo-yo?