What did you add first?

• I am nearing my second week of phase 1 and thinking about adding things back into my diet. In the past, I haphazardly added things in....and my weightloss slowed down tremendously. I have read the sticky about adding things in slowly in phase 2. I was just curious about your own story...how did you go about adding things in? What did you add in first? Did it work? ANd did you stick to adding something new in each week? Thanks for taking the time to respond!
  • I added brown rice in my first week in Phase 2. I was very apprehensive since I knew my weight loss would slow down since I have always lost weight when staying high protein and gained weight with carbs. I knew rice would expand my options a bit meal wise best out of the carbs. The first week I did lose 2 pounds which is great considering I didn't lose any weight the second week of phase 1. I figured I would try fruit this week. I did find, for me, I was better off doing the carb at either breakfast or lunch and keeping myself to veggies/salad/protein at dinner.

Good luck! I swear I was like the little kid in the candy shop trying to figure out what I wanted to try first!

~Robin