Office Party - Can I pull this dress off?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • ***Note - Update with the actual dress I wore to the party on page 2!***

Everyone says I'm crazy, but I'm having WAY low self confidence about wearing this dress to the annual office party...any thoughts out there? Can I pull this off or are the arms / calves too big (as they are in my head but apparently not in anyone elses heads...).

Oh, and ignore the messy house and American Idol in the background...

I'm looking for tough love here - either "something else might be more flattering" or "get over your insecurities, you idiot"
  • Mandalinn, you look absolutely gorgeous. If I looked that good in that dress, I'd wear it out.
  • Get over your insecurities, you idiot....but seriously - you look great!!!

And I thought this was going to be a post about getting drunk at an office party and disrobing....
  • Quote: "get over your insecurities, you idiot"
    I think the dress looks great on you. If I could wear something like that I would in a heart beat. Enjoy the office party.
  • Looks good! Enjoy the party!
  • get over insecurities idiot

The dress is fabulous and you are fabulous in it! Be confident! Be daring! Wear crippling gorgeous shoes!
  • I am hereby smacking myself in the head on behalf of all of you.

The eyes need to start matching the brain here, people, or I'm going to drive myself and everyone around me crazy. The brain says "ugh! Look at those ginormous calves! Look at the arm flab! Gross!"

I've never worn ANYTHING that girly and uncovered in my life. I know its not a ridiculously uncovered dress or anything...but my skirts and sleeves have always been 3/4 length or more, so its a big change. Also, I work from home and haven't been back to visit the office folks since before the vast majority of the weight loss, so its almost like a big "reveal" and its tripping me out.

Thank you, everyone. The dress will be worn. The shoes will be tall. And the confidence will, most likely, be faked but definitely attempted.
  • I know I'm a little late, but wear those tall heels and work it! You look great!
  • I have pretty meaty calves (and thighs... and hips/buttocks) too and I love 'em! and you look great!! strut that stuff @ the party.
  • Quote: The eyes need to start matching the brain here, people, or I'm going to drive myself and everyone around me crazy. The brain says "ugh! Look at those ginormous calves! Look at the arm flab! Gross!"
    I know exactly what you mean. Based on what others tell me, the way I see myself definitely hasn't caught up with the way I actually look. Every social event involves an ordeal of trying to find clothes that disguise what I think of as my problem areas and A LOT of reassurance from my SO. He is getting tired of me asking "does this make my stomach look poochy?" (but bless his soul, he always says "no" in an are-you-high tone of voice). It wasn't this much of a problem before I lost weight. I had a few outfits I was satisified with and that's what I wore all the time.

You look fantastic in that dress! I see perfectly proportioned calves and no arm flab whatsoever.
  • A little late, but you look great in that dress. So "get over your insecurities, you idiot!!" Have fun at your party, and believe what everyone is telling you. You look great!!
  • Very lovely. Knock 'em dead!
  • wow, nice legs!! this dress is very flattering and you look so good!!
  • OMG! YES! You can definitely pull it off! You look great in it!
  • You look great wear it.

The big reveal are you nervous about going?