Sticking my nose back in

• Well, whaddya know... another New Year and I'm rethinking the whole diet thing again! I'm such a cliche!

How is everyone? I see some familiar names. Hey, gals!

Let's see, what's up with me? The docs thought I had MS, but as it turns out I've actually had some TIA's (mini-strokes). Cholesterol is way high. Cholesteral drugs make me feel terrible. So I promised my doc I would try to get my weight and cholesteral down with diet and exercise. I'm not doing WW, but I wanted to come back to the warm bosoms (heh heh... you missed me, you know it!) of my Slimmin' Sistas. I've been using Fitday to measure fiber, calorie and fat intake. Trying to stick to 40-50 grams of fiber, less than 20 percent fat and 1,600-1,800 calories a day. I do feel better and am losing weight slowly.

As a reminder mainly to myself... here's how I plan to mark my milestones (if I can ever get past the first freakin' one):

270 - Starting Point
    260 – First 10 Pounds Lost
    250 -- Second 10 pounds
    248 - Pre-Falling off the Wagon Weight
    243 – First 10 percent
    240 – Third 10 pounds
    239 -- Less than 100 pounds to lose
    232 - Lowest Weight from My Last Serious Weight-Loss Effort
    230 – Fourth 10 pounds
    225 - Weight At Which I Really Started to Hate Myself
    220 – Fifth 10 pounds
    216 – Second 10 percent
    210 – Sixth 10 pounds
    200 – Seventh 10 pounds
    199 - One-derland
    190 – Eighth 10 pounds
    189 – Third 10 percent
    180 – Ninth 10 pounds
    170 – Tenth 10 pounds/100 pounds lost
    169 - My Last "Normal" Weight
    162 – Fourth 10 percent
    160 – Eleventh 10 pounds
    150 – Twelfth 10 pounds / Happy Place
    145 – Really happy place
    140 - Ultimate Goal

Wow, would you look at that? I don't have 130 pounds to lose, I just have a bunch of little mini goals to achieve. It hardly looks like anything at all when you look at it that way! HA!

So, how is everyone?
  • MAGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you are back! I am sorry to hear about your health problems! Well more later kids are heading to bed guess i have to go.
  • Hi Maggie!!! Welcome back!!! Sorry to hear about your health issues, it sucks when it finally catches up to us...I have elevated liver enzymes which could mean I have a fatty liver, not quite as serious as what you have going on but still a reminder that this weight does not forgive.

Take care and I hope we hear lots more from you!