1lb. Down And Plenty More To Go! - 2007

You're on Page 6 of 22
Go to
  • Hi Chicks

Just a quick flyby as I am just in from work and want to get some stuff done before dinner. I will try to make it back later for personals, but if not I hope you all had a wonderful day.

Take care and TTYS
  • Afraid I'm doing a Louie again tonight, gang. . .

Things were definitely better than yesterday since I only required one nap instead of two. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to stay awake all day. I really do not think I like this vaginal estrogen the doctor insists I take for the next 2.5 months; at this rate I'd rather keep the 'odd' pap results. I did manage to get in a couple of short visits with Buddy and the Frog today, but other than that I do not know where the time goes . . . amazing what a couple of extra hours in bed can do to throw everything out of balance.

It was a beautiful day today . . . mild and sunny . . . and absolutely no remaining sign of that strange little blizzard from yesterday. I really think I've moved into the Twilight Zone, sometimes . . . whooooooooowhoooooooowhooooo . . . be afraid, be very afraid. Thank goodness the radio agrees that the storm really did happen.

Anyway, gang, I'm off to bed . . . it's almost 10 pm and that one nap was just not enough I guess. You keep on moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction, everybody. See you all tomorrow.
  • Just an end of the day note....I stuck to it today...and I found another WW meeting to go to (30+ miles away, but hey, it's not with my mother in law!!! I'm sold!) My husband even went with me and enjoyed the leader! He wants to go back!

Enough for now....gotta get my last kiddo in bed. See you all tomorrow, hopefully a slightly lighter version of myself. Thanks for the support, guys! I knew coming back here was a good and positive thing to do.
  • Good Morning, Chickies . . .

Another beautiful sunny day shaping up here in rural Nova Scotia, but with much more seasonal temperatures. Some snow in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow, but hopefully no more Twilight Zone weird stuff.

This was my WWI and, basically, I'm practicing maintenance. A little disappointing since I had one of my best eating and moving weeks in a long time (at least if you don't count my strange nap-day). Oh well, things could be a whole lot worse. I'll just keep reminding myself of all those wonderful little platitudes . . . all things worth having are worth waiting for . . . slow but steady wins the race . . . etcetera, etcetera, etcetera . . .

Well, gang . . . I've got things to do and places to go. Have a great moving and shaking kind of day, everybody, and I'll see you all a little later.
  • just a quickie to say iv done 20mins on treadmill and 100 situps
    catch ya later xx
  • [/QUOTE]

COLLEEN . . . . . . and JORDON . . . Welcome to both of you. So glad to have you joining us and congratulations to both of you on your losses so far. Was that a 2006 loss Jordon? Just let us know and we can add it to the list as well.

Keep it moving and shaking, girls. See you again soon. [/QUOTE]

Sorry I havent responded sooner. School just started again and I havent been able to get to a computer. I lost a total of 47lbs.
  • Well girlies, mid day check in today! I am about 10 hours into making it 24 without eating any sugar. I have gotten so far off on my eating that i am implementing the day at a time plan full force. have semi planned supper-- chicken on the george foreman with some melted cheese and veggies, probably brussel sprouts and green beans. Like i said sort of planned.

Louie - cont ed classes can just wear me out! hopefully the time will pass quickly so we can see you for more than fly bys again!

Liza - don't fret over the day off, we are human not machine! And yay on the 30 min! Elevation is a killer for sure, but i do believe there is some truth in the longer the better. Your steadfastness with the exercise is making me feel really guilty! I have got to get a move on!

Dianne - could give you lots of cliche's about don't be so hard on yourself and all that but as we all know we all struggle with the shoulda coulda woulda's! We are glad to have another real person who shares the battle of getting this done. And as for the mom in law thing, oooh hard one. I know what you mean about not wanting her in on the details of what is going on, i know i wouldn't want mine there for sure!!! Glad you found another meeting and hubby going with you is awesome!!!

Robbin - so did you get the exercise in? I really feel like that is key right now, but still haven't made myself get back on track yet.

Tina - i vote for the sucked in stomach thing, i agree with the doc, better measurement of what fat you have not lack of stomach muscle! I amy try to get some measurements here in the next couple of days, have to co-ordinate some time with one friend not the group things i have been doing, not ready for the whole gang to see it all hanging out!

Nicole - glad to hear your son is better and i know what you mean about a sick child taking up all your time! Congrats on the 5 pounds!!! great job!

Linda - Hope you are conscious and moving into a full day of wakefullness! We have had some weird weather but i really thing you beat me on that one!

Well girls gotta run. Supposed to be doing paperwork before i go to get a hair cut, may try something new. I am trying to let it grow and this in between thing is killing me!!
  • checking in again iv just done another 20mins on the tread and 150
    maaaaan im tired now!
  • WHAT WE LOST IN 2006
    Robsia - 67 lbs
    Tammy - 87 lbs
    Linda - 45 lbs
    Emily - 32 lbs
    Cheryl - 37 lbs
    Tina - 57 lbs
    Robbin - 61 lbs
    Erin - 55lbs
    Jordon - 47 lbs

Just updating the list . . . thanks for the info, JORDON . . . glad to see we didn't lose you. Hope school is doing good by you.

Well, I lost my whole afternoon to the darn old Estradiol reaction again . . . today I had even more nasty little side-effects and had just decided to take the next dose at bedtime tomorrow night, since I want to sleep then anyway, when my GP calls to say he has the results of the ultra-sound I had done on Monday and they are not looking too great. It was the GYN who ordered the test, but have I heard from him? of course not. Then the GP says he will drop a line to the GYN and that I should stop using the vagifem until I hear from the GYN . . . Don't these darn doctors ever talk to each other . . . at least the medication won't be causing me to sleep all day any more . . . probably be wide awake for weeks, wondering what comes next. Maybe I can have a hysterectomy done at the same time as my cataract surgery . . . surely the two doctors would be working far enough apart not to keep gettin in each others road. Hey, don't imagine a cataract is worth anything, but surely a uterus should account for a pound or two.

Anyway, that's my fun day. Hope yours has been a lot better. Have a great evening of moving and shaking, gang. See you later. Sorry for the rant.
  • Happy Wednesday!
    Hey girls! It's taken me awhile getting here today. We're in the midst of a blizzard and I've been trying to dig out the driveway and sidewalks off and on today. I'm weak and cold...brrr..I hope tomorrow is a better day! This die hard mom even took Alyssa to school and only 3 other kids showed up. What was I thinking!? Scales are back at 216, lets hope there's no more surprises and I can move on from those numbers.

Nicole, glad to hear your son is feeling alot better. Seems you have been an overwhelmed mom these past few days, but look that didn't stop you! Congrats on the 5lb loss! That's really good, you must be on cloud nine!

Liza, I'm glad you were able to make sense out of all that. And you're still doing an amazing job with your exercises. Great job! Your new found motivation and determination is refreshing. Keep up the great work!

Louie, my day could be a little easier, but I really don't have too much to complain about. At least I'm stuck in it like a lot of other people I've seen today. How is your weather? Still raining?

Linda, I'm at least one of us Canadians seem to be enjoying the weather, lucky you! Boy, you sure are having quite the time of it with your meds. I hope taking it in the night will help you better adjust. And, maintaining isn't something to sluff off you know...it's so much better than a gain! Good for you!

Diane, well I'm certainly glad you found a resolution around bumping into MIL at a WW meeting. And that's awesome that your hubby is excited and wanting to join too. What an awesome support. How is your day turning out?

Erin, one day...one step at a time. Your committed to a semi-plan and that's great. If you follow through today that'll give you more incentive to continue on the next day. I gotta ask you though....how can you stand brussel sprouts??!! LOL! However, it does sound like a healthly meal...good on ya!

Well, it's 4.15 and about time to start thinking about dinner myself. Hope you all had a great day!

TTFN!
  • Hi Gals

What a day !!! Got up this morning to snow on the ground.. BLEECH. I actually enjoy snow; however, our whole town seems to shut down when it snows, so getting around is a bit of a nightmare. About 15 minutes before I was to leave the house for my training it started coming down again and seemed to be sticking, so there was no way I was taking the car out.. so I WALKED to my training. It took me about 25 minutes, but I did it !!! Took me the better part of the day to dry out.. but what the heck

Tina ~ sounds like we are getting the same weather. Temps are suppose to drop over night here, which may mean icy roads tomorrow... I hope not ! I bet you burned lots of calories today !

Linda ~ no need to apologize for the rant, sounds like you are going through some not so nice stuff. A big for you.. take care !!

Liza ~ go girl !! You are doing a great job keeping on with your exercise.. could you do a few reps for me

Erin ~ a new hairdo how fun !! I had my hair cut about a month ago as part of a job interview. Let the stylist do whatever she wanted to and I actually love it.. best haircut I have had in a long time.

Jordan ~ nice to see you.. flyby when you can and say hello

LA ~ glad that you found another WW meeting to go to. Are they still doing the points and flex plan or did they come out with something new for the new year ?

Hubby just made me a hot chocolate to help warm up my tootsies, so I am going to go relax and enjoy it. Have a great evening and TTYS
  • I’m soooo tired. Classes started back today. I don’t know what genius in administration decided it’s physically possible to get from any one point on campus to any other point in 15 mins or less. That person was clearly either a very talented runner or smoking something. I suppose that’s what those buses running every 5 mins are for, but I’d really prefer to walk and get the exercise. *sigh* On the plus side, I really think I’llenjoy my MWF classes (philosophy – contemporary moral issues, sociology – class structure, women’s studies – women in society).

Linda – That sucks that the meds are affecting you so much. I hope you can get it all straightened out asap and get back to feeling normal again.

Diane - Glad you figured out something with WW and that your dh is on board too. That built-in all the time support definitely makes a difference. I know if my husband wasn’t in board and was keeping junk in the house, there’s no way I’d have the will power to stick with it.

Erin – Sort of planned works for me too. We pick enough main parts of the meal for the week, then each morning, we pick whatever sounds good, then when I’m cooking, I add whatever veggies call to me. I think I can safely say brussel sprouts will never call to me though. So what kind of haircut did you get? I love new haircuts or colors.

Liza – You’re kicking butt on the exercising. I have to admit that until I get adjusted to my schedule, I’m counting my 45 mins of sprinting across campus daily as my exercise.

Tina – Yuck, snow. Reminds me while I’m glad to be a southern girl. Way to go on still taking your daughter to school. Not having to drag myself out in the weather is one of the perks of homeschooling I’m looking forward too.

Louie – Yuck, you have snow too. It’s making Canada seem less attractive to me. Woo-hoo on walking to your training though. You go girl!

I think I'm gonna go have a banana, hop in the shower, and head to bed. Tomorrow is an even earlier day for me.
  • oh dear i was a bit naughty last night and ate some cookies
  • when i say "some" i mean the whole packet
  • for every serving of a cookie you ate you should go run/walk one mile. then you'll feel better about it afterwards.lol