Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

You're on Page 109 of 120
Go to
  • Candace thinking of you.. big hugs!

Pearl I'm sure you set the world on fire this morning.. but not the alley I hope!

Kim.. we missed you.. jump on board.

Evette you are cuter than ever.. Katiebug is now competing with you!

Joni... big furry hug to Charlie

Barb are you back on the happy train?

For those that have the cookbook... I have a KristenCuisineCombo for you... Make the Mango Prawns out of the book and serve on a bed of greens, measure out your veggies with 1 oz of lite feta for 1/2 D and top with 2tbsp of FF Rasbperry Vinagrette.. made this for DH and he swore eternal love!

Our COD is out of Lites again.. Mike has no hope.. I got the phone number for the owner in Canada and I shall fill you in on the details once I reach him.. let's all hope he is a strong man!!
  • Candice.. I know where you're coming from and will keep you in thoughts and prayers.. My mom beat lung cancer 10 years ago and is still going strong (and smoke free!!)..

Stiesta.. Thanks for the encouragement.. Sometimes it's tough being one of only a couple guys here, but we've learned to just skip over the posts about Oprah and water retention!!

Hope you all have a pop day.. I'm lunching on leftover CBFF Caserole (made with turkey so having two days in a row shouldn't be too bad, right?

I meant to WI this morning, but realized about 25 miles into my commute that I forgot my work laptop at home and had to go back and get it.. So I ended up about an hour late.. Grrrr...

Been quite a Monday so far, I can tell you...
  • Kristen -- I don't want to jinx anything but I wanted to share that my COD in Brampton has been fairly well stocked since the initial depletion when I joined in the 2nd week of January. If you care to venture out to Brampton maybe you can stock up a bit? They were also finally able to give me my free cookbook, and finally a monthly diary that matched my plan. Before I had to use blue and just make the necessary adjustments.
  • Good Monday afternoon everybody! Hope all is going well. I had two different conversations yesterday with people at church who asked me how I was losing weight. Felt nice that they noticed but they followed their compliments with "Well it works, my brother, sister, wife, mother fill in the blank did LA but as soon as they went off of it they gained all their weight back. I was mean, I said DUH, eating that way is what got them in that shape in the first place. I dont ever plan on going "off of it". People just dont get that this is something I'll have to do for the rest of my life or I might as well throw in the towel right now and quit! Which I wont do by the way! LOL
  • Happy Monday!

Has everyone jumped back on the LAWL bus? (Except Nicole of course who stayed POP all weekend!)

Katie - great pic! You make a nice couple!

Candace - prayers for your FIL.. and you're right -- a great daycare is rare to find! I did daycare for 3 years and I completely respect anyone who takes on that job. Good luck on your search for a new one!

Dan - What kind of seasonings do you use on your turkey when you use it for casserole? I love to use ground turkey, but before I'd have to salt the heck out of it before it tasted like anything in casseroles. Oh.. and does somebody have a "case of the Mundays" ???

Wendy - I use BBQ sauce in my turkey sloppy joes - gives it a nice kick. I've been trying to motivate my brother to join me, but he's so stubborn he won't unless it's his idea!

Kristen - your prawn combo sounds delicious! *Note to self! Make this for lunch this week.

Off to do more work.. month end stuff is crazy around here!
  • Candice and Julie Marie.. Blue Team needs your numbers
  • Dan - Saw this and thought you'd get a chuckle..

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink
    I feel shame. Then I look into the glass and think
    about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes
    and dreams . If I didn't drink this wine, they might be out
    of work and their dreams would be shattered.
    Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this wine and let their
    dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
    ~ Jack Handy
  • Wendelina- LOVED the wine quote. Too funny. I have to email that to my peeps!
  • Hello All,

I hope you are all having a great POP day! I am doing pretty good, I'm anticipating my meeting tomorrow with Regional Manager. I can't wait to hear what she has to say and/or offer. She did get my message from the present manager but it was that I wanted to cancel my meeting. NOT!! I just wanted to move the time up. Since I have an appointment already, I thought I could kill two birds with one stone and get on with the rest of my day.

Tonight we have our Kindergarten Orientation. That is always so fun to me. I love seeing the little ones come in. It's amazing how fast the elementary years go.

Nicole, I am so happy for both you and your sister. You will both have great success because you can keep each other accountable and seeing the changes that will take place will be great.

Katiebug, what an adorable engagement picture. You look so happy!

Everyone have a great day!
  • Wendelina - LOL!!! I love the Jack Handy stuff I also love that wine counts as fruits!!
  • Wendy II - Great quote!! I love it.. There's my rationale!

As for the seasonings, I used plenty of pepper and our daily alotment of lite salt/salt alternative. I also use "Cavender's Greek Seasoning" - the salt free variety.

http://www.greekseasoning.com/

Liz got me a morter and pestal for Christmas from Williams Sonoma and I've been using it religeiously to crush dried spices like dried onion and veggie mix flakes. It also works great on black peppercorns and corriander seeds. So I just make my own salt free blends and add those to whatever I'm making.. I'll probably stop buying spaghetti sauce all together now that I can buy very low sodium diced tomatoes and just add in all the salt free italian spices I need.

You're right though.. The turkey does need help..
  • Hey all,

I've been kind of sporadic in my posting lately...had a "to-****-with-it" attitude this weekend but am back on track now. My WI this morning pushed me back into the 180's (189.4 or .6, not sure which), but the counselor said I should expect a gain on Wednesday since I had a POOP weekend. Bleh. I had the distinct impression that she did NOT like me one bit today.

*thinks*

Okay, tell me this...when the honeymoon period is over for you with LAWL, and you know all the tricks in the book (thanks to this board, haha), and you KNOW that they're going to give you the "what could you have done differently?" speech each time you go in...have any of you found that now the counselors aren't as friendly? Like, they somehow know you KNOW their little game, and that you're not going to buy into it (no pun intended), so they don't really want to talk to you anymore, except to tell you how badly you ate (which you already know)?

*sigh* There's one counselor like that at my COD. And she's the manager. The other two are really nice, though. Well, okay, one gets a little preachy and won't shut up for awhile each time, but the other one rocks my socks.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Maybe if I weigh in again now, I'll be another .2 lighter. Har!

(I'm not changing my ticker back down, 'cause I don't want to move it back up on Wednesday. If my WI on Wednesday is good, then I'll move the little beastie.)

I need happy thoughts!!!!
  • Hello to everyone. Kristen, no happy Barb is not back. I am working on it though LOL. I am trying so hard to get back into this...... I bought some POP foods so I can get back on track. I have been thinking about if I should do lites (subbed kind) to help with sweet cravings. I can NOT afford the LA Lites but the substitute ones I can afford a little better. I wanted to know if there were other subs for some of the other lites (soups, cocoa) but no one knew.
    Oh well.

Anyway, have a great night everyone!! Off to have some tuna and salad for dinner.
  • Where the heck is everybody today?

Megan- I always felt that way with my COD too. They acted like they did not appreciate the fact that I was losing so well without seeing them very often.
  • Hello,
    I am relatively new to this site. Will someone please share with me how to start a thread. I need to ask people how to keep the weight off after using Take Off. I usually lose 5 pounds after takeoff and almost immediately gain it all back. I have even tried drinking that jetstart and slimdown for 5 days to no avail. Any suggestions?