Brand New!

• Hi everyone,

I am new here but not new the weight loss game. I am 5'1 and 175 pounds. I was always thin in school until my senior year and the weight gain started. Then in college I gained more, then when I moved in with husband, and since I got married 3 months ago, I've gained even more weight. I tried Jenny Craig but it put a huge gaping whole in my bank account and I couldn't afford it anymore. I have tried lots of other diets but I never stick with them long enough to see a real change happen.

I am tired. I am 22 years old and I am tired of feeling sad all the time for this. I am tired of food controlling my life and my weight preventing me from doing the things that I want to do and that I know my husband wants to do. I am tired of changing my clothes 5 times before we go out, only to throw on a big sweatshirt anyway to cover up my tummy. I am ready for a change.

So here I am. I am ready to make a change and I'm so glad I have found an outlet to be able to really talk about it and find a place where people may understand how I feel.

I know I'm not as large as a lot of people, and that has somehow always prevented me from feeling like I should be saying anything or seeking help. But I just can't keep it in anymore!!

I hope this turns out to be a good experience and I'm so excited to do this for the LAST time...and finally be able to live my life without hiding!
  • hey girl, I am brand new to this also, i hope i can be a support to you!